PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sessions

SirDavidFirst
02-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Hello, I was thinking multiple sessions screens. could we please have one session as a big landmass, re the size of screen, I know everyone loved islands and so do I, but like I said before I like trains carrying people and goods. Why we can not have an optional home session to start? Also I know it cheating abit, so let us have an option to set a time when we have build our amries up before we are attacked or we can attack, some of us player like me want to build our city before we attack?

AgmasGold
02-19-2018, 06:37 PM
I can't really see one big landmass happening, considering that the first production chain is fish. Without islands, you would be incredibly limited in where to put fishing huts.

In previous Anno's, you were able to enforce peace for a certain amount of time from the start of the game, which would be a solution to your other question if this feature returns in Anno 1800.

ruuti0
02-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Hello, I was thinking multiple sessions screens. could we please have one session as a big landmass, re the size of screen, I know everyone loved islands and so do I, but like I said before I like trains carrying people and goods. Why we can not have an optional home session to start? Also I know it cheating abit, so let us have an option to set a time when we have build our amries up before we are attacked or we can attack, some of us player like me want to build our city before we attack?

I don't think that will ever happen, it just doesn't sound like Anno anymore. They would be taking huge risk if they ever do that your idea, because 2205 failed big time (sure some people liked it, but as far as I know majority of previous Anno players didn't like it). It would be much smarter to stay in that worked so well in previous versions before 2205.

+ it would make game way too easy if you can build your city without that anybody can attack in certain time. It is part of strategy that you have to consider that you can be attacked any time.

There are plenty other games if you want have one big landmass without islands, trains carrying people and goods.

Anno is just different kind of game, kind of game that I love.

SirDavidFirst
02-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Hi, I sorry you misunderstood me. I said optional, it is a bigger island with sea around it with a small islands, so you can start off from there when your ready to move to other sessions screens. Like I said I love islands and moving good around, but I also love trains, especially steam trains. Having an optional choices having different maps with different islands big or small or one bigger island then all the others, you have choices of size?

AgmasGold
02-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Even if it was one big island surrounded by smaller ones, I don't think that would happen, for 3 main reasons.

It takes roughly 80 hours for BlueByte to create a single "large" island, as they revealed in a previous DevBlog. For them to create even one island that is significantly bigger than that is a huge investment of time and resources.

Secondly, would the island really fit into the way Anno works? Some information about the fertility system was recently revealed, and this large landmass, if integrated into that system (and if the system follows an implementation similar to previous games), would only have 2 - 4 fertilities max. Sure, you can expand to the other small islands for the other fertilities, but what do you actually end up doing on the main, large island, when you will only be able to produce a certain subset of goods on said island?

Finally, the way the maps in Anno are randomly generated wouldn't fit into the map you are describing (I don't think so anyway, of course I could be wrong on this point). So, assuming they developed the island, and it still remained an interesting island for people to actual use, they probably require a further significant investment of time, to either create a custom map purely for said island (which obviously could lead to replayability concerns), or to get it to work with the existing map generation.

SirDavidFirst
02-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Hi, I understand what you are saying, but and hear the but. If the player can generate there own maps in sessions, will we be able to change sizes of islands, if yes who to say I as a player want one island bigger then the other, I also forgot to say I like building cities not into fighting or have wars with neighbours. Anyway its about the beginners, do you not think having a gig area to play on help the beginners get on and learn? I do like anno 2205, it was not the best, but it did bring new players to the game, and I am one of them, I start off on the bigger island there is to build up my money first, while building parks in between roads. So like I said everyone is different and a big island make it for me?

ruuti0
02-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Hi, I understand what you are saying, but and hear the but. If the player can generate there own maps in sessions, will we be able to change sizes of islands, if yes who to say I as a player want one island bigger then the other, I also forgot to say I like building cities not into fighting or have wars with neighbours. Anyway its about the beginners, do you not think having a gig area to play on help the beginners get on and learn? I do like anno 2205, it was not the best, but it did bring new players to the game, and I am one of them, I start off on the bigger island there is to build up my money first, while building parks in between roads. So like I said everyone is different and a big island make it for me?

I agree with AgmasGold.

First of all, "If the player can generate there own maps in sessions", it doesn't work like that.

And I don't see how having bigger island(s) would help beginners any more than current sized islands do.

AgmasGold
02-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Yeah, sure, "bigger than normal" islands can be used for beginners, but you are talking about an island potentially many times larger than the largest islands in previous games, at least if it fills more than half the map (which is the idea I got from your description - one large island surrounded by several smaller ones).

And sure, I wouldn't be surprised to see if somebody manages to hack together a mod that fiddles with the map generator (it has been done in previous games), but I am yet to know of a mod that inserts there own islands into the game.

iruet
02-28-2018, 07:10 PM
I feel like anno without water and seas would kill the purpose of the game. For me the exploring and shipping items from one island to another is the best things which can happen :)

Ofc. it is possible, but that'd make the game totally different :)

Steinhauzer
03-02-2018, 11:23 PM
If you like steam trains and managing complex production chains I suggest you try out Factorio. It's a cheap game on steam that has some of the core things that make Anno fun but dives a lot deeper into the details of production and efficiency.

Concerning the mega island session, I'd have to agree with the others in that such an option would require a disproportionate amount of dev time while not providing balanced or interesting gameplay. But I may be wrong there, since they have yet to reveal how trains will work which could change things completely.

Also, building peacefully on an enormous island the likes of which you would never see in a normal game would not prepare a beginner for the more advanced aspects of the game IMO. Like ruuti0 said, it would essentially be a different game.

Ooyen
03-23-2018, 02:11 PM
It would be VERY VERY nice to play with 6 players instead of 4 max.

i brought the Anno flew to many friends and we are waiting for ANNO 1800. we still play 1404 (back in time world)

but we can not play together, so it would be Very nice to play with all of each other.