PDA

View Full Version : Berserker Experience

S0Mi_xD
02-19-2018, 12:10 PM
This thread is purely about your experience with or against berserker after the rework.
This is not to complain about berserker or give suggestiones etc. in any way.

So far, i see it people getting used to it or better say people know, that those ublockables are not really dangerous and keep their cool and the 400 ms lights are telegraphed with a feint.
What works wonders is the chain feint animation into heavies (i will make a Berserker guide soon and i'll try to fill it with videos as well - if i finde the time between having a life and monsterhunter xD)
But still if you fight good player it feels nearly the same as befor - people adapt pretty fast to it, because it isn't much of a change at all.
Good consol player have no problem blocking 400 ms lights (i have video evidence for those who deny it xD) - i even got some of my 400ms parried :'D
Bear mauler chain finisher are easy to see and to parry.

Running out of stamina around 3 to 10 times in a duell match got normal with berserker.
People say keep your stamina managed, don't feint so much ... lol berserker is now really build around feints :D

guor6800
02-19-2018, 05:13 PM
This thread is purely about your experience with or against berserker after the rework.
This is not to complain about berserker or give suggestiones etc. in any way.

So far, i see it people getting used to it or better say people know, that those ublockables are not really dangerous and keep their cool and the 400 ms lights are telegraphed with a feint.
What works wonders is the chain feint animation into heavies (i will make a Berserker guide soon and i'll try to fill it with videos as well - if i finde the time between having a life and monsterhunter xD)
But still if you fight good player it feels nearly the same as befor - people adapt pretty fast to it, because it isn't much of a change at all.
Good consol player have no problem blocking 400 ms lights (i have video evidence for those who deny it xD) - i even got some of my 400ms parried :'D
Bear mauler chain finisher are easy to see and to parry.

Running out of stamina around 3 to 10 times in a duell match got normal with berserker.
People say keep your stamina managed, don't feint so much ... lol berserker is now really build around feints :D

They implemented some interesting ideas but the rework doesn't really convinced me. High stamina consumption and a couple of unblockable moves ,one of them being pretty much useless and extremely situational.

They did an awesome work with kensei and conq feels like a shield bash machine. But Berserker was left out a bit honestly.

Vrbas1
02-19-2018, 06:37 PM
He never got a rework. He got an unblockable and then got smacked a few times with the damage/stamina nerf bat.

Vrbas1
02-19-2018, 06:40 PM
I'll take old berserker over the new one any day.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:15 PM
strangely enough i've not fought a zerk in the few hours i played yesterday.

PDXGorechild
02-19-2018, 08:31 PM
I'll take old berserker over the new one any day.

If you think this, I donít think youíve given him enough of a chance. After maining him for a year I can confidently tell you that every aspect of him is better, other than slashing rush and the damage on top heavy, which I believe was nerfed a bit too hard. Deflects are now harder utilise but this is fair, as it is in line with the other assassins.

@S0mi after 5 days of getting used to it I can happily say Iím kicking more *** than ever. 20 kills 0 deaths in a multiplayer game of tribute earlier! His potential in 1vX has gone up considerably. My lights are being blocked far less often and my damage output is still very high. If they fix some stamina penalties and give us a bit of the top heavy damage back Iíll be happy overall.

Not particularly into tier lists but if I had to place him Iíd say heís solid mid tier at the moment, with the potential to be upper mid tier with a few tweaks.

High-Horse
02-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Did anyone notice that at first, they said Berserker/Conq/Kensei were getting reworks and Highlander was getting adjustments. Then later, like a few days before S5 launched, they said Conq/Kensei reworks and Highlander/Berserker/Nobushi adjustments. I thought berserker was getting a rework, but seems and feels like just an adjustment, even with new mocap animations.

Anyway, I miss top heavy trading and deflect>GB>wall splat when OOS, but everything else I use is just better. Just need more time to adjust, and top heavy should either be faster or 40 damage.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Did anyone notice that at first, they said Berserker/Conq/Kensei were getting reworks and Highlander was getting adjustments. Then later, like a few days before S5 launched, they said Conq/Kensei reworks and Highlander/Berserker/Nobushi adjustments. I thought berserker was getting a rework, but seems and feels like just an adjustment, even with new mocap animations.

Anyway, I miss top heavy trading and deflect>GB>wall splat when OOS, but everything else I use is just better. Just need more time to adjust, and top heavy should either be faster or 40 damage.

Yeah I think that's the main rub here. Zerker isn't objectively worse now. nor is this zerker better than old zerk. it's just a different way.
old zerk was heavy on the punishes but severely lacked a viable neutral game. Now zerk has a decent neutral game, easier ish combo potential, and a potential way to open people. But at the loss of high bursty damage and some flexibility. Zerk still has a 65 damage OOS punish now and it comes tailered with a mix up as well. So it's not like damage isn't there. it's just harder to get to.

Vrbas1
02-19-2018, 09:19 PM
I'm not much for feint games. A feint here or there, but every attack like a lot of these spazzy zerkers is annoying.

People might say I'm missing his true potential, but I think the feint game for every attack is smelly, moldy cheese at its maximum.

S0Mi_xD
02-19-2018, 11:00 PM
If you think this, I don’t think you’ve given him enough of a chance. After maining him for a year I can confidently tell you that every aspect of him is better, other than slashing rush and the damage on top heavy, which I believe was nerfed a bit too hard. Deflects are now harder utilise but this is fair, as it is in line with the other assassins.

@S0mi after 5 days of getting used to it I can happily say I’m kicking more *** than ever. 20 kills 0 deaths in a multiplayer game of tribute earlier! His potential in 1vX has gone up considerably. My lights are being blocked far less often and my damage output is still very high. If they fix some stamina penalties and give us a bit of the top heavy damage back I’ll be happy overall.

Not particularly into tier lists but if I had to place him I’d say he’s solid mid tier at the moment, with the potential to be upper mid tier with a few tweaks.

I am having better runs against average players as well ^^
But as soon as you fight someone, who does not fall that easy for mindgames it is like back to the old story.
Those unblockables do not help against cracking up turtles.

I am happy with those changes as well - they are just different.

I wouldn't call it a rework or neither adjustments. It is something in between.
In my eyes a half-a.ssed rework xD.

Because we still have new animations on the fast lights after a feint and heavies and lights after a feinted chained heavy.
Those animations do really help with mindgames because they are more fluide.

About trading - i go for a side heavy instead of a top heavy if i see a trade coming.
You can chain a light after the trade and it is 90% safe or i go for bear mauler to get the unblockable.
Anyway it's 40-48 dmg with a tradet side heavy + light - top heavy finisher i do use to get people into my mindgames and let them fly when i think that they won't parry and block instead or dodge.

S0Mi_xD
02-19-2018, 11:22 PM
About Deflect - i "like" that i have a choice to go into GB after deflect or not.
I would also like a hyperarmor for this GB.
But i think that hyperamor for berserkers deflect would trigger most people in the community.

If Dev's say no to Hyper Deflect, then i would like the possibility to chain after a deflect, means deflect counts as a combo starter.

Miadous
02-19-2018, 11:25 PM
I'm a berserker main since closed beta no matter how lack luster he has always been. Overall, he is slightly more viable than before. However, I'm disappointed that it took a year for these very small changes and some NERFS to him. I was expecting an actual rework with at least one new move, because I remember reading about mo cap suits being utilized and what not. Conqueror is out of control now and even has a full blown glitch to allow shield spamming until you die, which I recorded 2 guys in a party last night doing an entire match and reported them. I was hoping the changes to zerker would allow for more gameplay than just having to spam feints and hope your opponent makes a mistake. So, seeing how his core mechanics of not really having any is still the same, the update is disappointing.