PDA

View Full Version : Why is nobody playing ranked Tribute? PS4

Mr.Tripps
02-19-2018, 11:02 AM
As title says. Regular modes say high activity. Ranked tribute and duel says low activity. When i try to start a match it just spins. 😑

BarbeQMichael
02-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Player count is very low in for honor, when you divide those few players to different game modes and different skill brackets it means that sometimes you really have to wait ages to find another player. Worst days there might be only 2-4 different players online at my skill bracket, it gets pretty boring to fight the same guy over and over again.

Baturai
02-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Because your Main hero doesnt fullfill your expectations, v.s Op heroes.

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 01:27 PM
No one plays ranked tribute for the same reason no one played ranked Dom, no extra rewards such as ornaments for ranked duel, same rewards even with steel per match, you can't use your gear stats, and it takes forever to get a game.

They changed nothingfrom what they've learned in ranked dom, so as expected no one wants to play it.

Mr.Tripps
02-19-2018, 01:44 PM
Well, poop. Lol. I actually just picked the game back up a few weeks ago. Bought it at launch and lost interest. Finally felt like i could somewhat hold my own a bit. Thought i would start playing ranked games. But if nobody else is ..... Oh well. Thanks for the replies. 🙂

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Well, poop. Lol. I actually just picked the game back up a few weeks ago. Bought it at launch and lost interest. Finally felt like i could somewhat hold my own a bit. Thought i would start playing ranked games. But if nobody else is ..... Oh well. Thanks for the replies. 🙂

It'd be nice if we could, I love the single pick option for ranked. It felt like there was more zone boosting and less gank squads in it too, unless you were on one of the small maps that encourage ganking.

They also screwed up the ranking system as well, even though it's a team based mode they rank you individually, so even if you win the match if you were last on your team you would lose ranking.

Ranked games need a total rework in every area.

Tyrjo
02-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Ranked should be what everyone should want to play. The devs will have to find a way to solve this problem. I and many other have said what we think will need to be done for this to happen.

I can't think of ANY other game in which unranked completely dominates ranked in terms of player population. Unranked is a mode where you should get almost nothing and where you go to practice.

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Ranked should be what everyone should want to play. The devs will have to find a way to solve this problem. I and many other have said what we think will need to be done for this to happen.

I can't think of ANY other game in which unranked completely dominates ranked in terms of player population. Unranked is a mode where you should get almost nothing and where you go to practice.

Agreed, in rainbow six siege you would get half of the rewards in unranked. No quit penalties, drop in and drop out. It was the casual way to play. You played siege ranked and you got more rewards and there was quit penalties. They have it backwards for For Honor. I also think unranked should have no gear stats, and ranked should definitely have gear stats.

NHLGoldenKnight
02-19-2018, 05:46 PM
This is where things get interesting. I don't believe anyone is going to like ranked mode mostly because of tryhard mentality of most of the player base. K/D is the most important to them, they play with their buddies, they gank in organized fashion and they like to pick same or similar heroes. Like full team of pre made guys playing Shamans, Aramushas or Lawbringers. Even worse, Shinobi "special" team.

So in order to fix the game, Ubi team has to offer only one mode, but with one major change. Only 1 hero from same class per team! That would solve 80% of current issues with balancing.

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 05:55 PM
This is where things get interesting. I don't believe anyone is going to like ranked mode mostly because of tryhard mentality of most of the player base. K/D is the most important to them, they play with their buddies, they gank in organized fashion and they like to pick same or similar heroes. Like full team of pre made guys playing Shamans, Aramushas or Lawbringers. Even worse, Shinobi "special" team.

So in order to fix the game, Ubi team has to offer only one mode, but with one major change. Only 1 hero from same class per team! That would solve 80% of current issues with balancing.

Ranked is already single pick only.

Tyrjo
02-19-2018, 05:58 PM

The thing is: If the whole community actually played ranked, the chance of having to face this try hard pre made team you talk about would be very very slim.

NHLGoldenKnight
02-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Yes, but as long as there is unranked that doesn't force you to single pick, guess what? :)

I strongly believe that every 4v4 mode should be single pick, ranked or unranked. And then, give us extra loot and xp for ranked mode. I am only not sure how I feel about concept of gear stats. For stamina/exhaustion recovery I like it because imo, heroes are too low on stamina per default settings. Two swings and you are out of game. Other gears stats? I have no idea if these would help the game or not.

The_B0G_
02-19-2018, 06:22 PM
I think if they made the ranked rewards worth it, higher steel per match, more exp, and ornaments at high ranks, people wouldn't mind single pick. Who only plays one character anyway. The only ones who will have an issue are the ones who only play all the most OP characters, because they are picked frequently.