PDA

View Full Version : about P-47 thunderbolt

junkers2006
06-27-2006, 05:31 AM
hello! well in the p-47 cockpit i saw a turbo boost gauge, and i also read that thunderbolt is epquiped with turbo-supercharged system!
and the problem is, how i can turn it on? the supercharger buttons doesnt work, is there another way i can turn it on?
(sorry if i had any mistakes in english, i am from Latvia)

junkers2006
06-27-2006, 05:31 AM
hello! well in the p-47 cockpit i saw a turbo boost gauge, and i also read that thunderbolt is epquiped with turbo-supercharged system!
and the problem is, how i can turn it on? the supercharger buttons doesnt work, is there another way i can turn it on?
(sorry if i had any mistakes in english, i am from Latvia)

JG53Frankyboy
06-27-2006, 05:34 AM
the turbocharger of the P-47 is working automaticly.
you can't influence its "work" in the game. the gauge is just not working.

junkers2006
06-27-2006, 05:38 AM
aaaaa! well thanks! now i will know it!

VW-IceFire
06-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Yep...P-47 is all automatic on the turbosupercharger. The whole things hooked into the engine and just does its thing. A nice thing about some of the American aircraft is their level of automation.

erco415
06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Not that you couldn't tweak things. A while back, one of the aero mags ran an article about just that. Heavily paraphrased, it went like this:

Pilot hears that water injection is being introduced. Pilot goes to crew chief to see when his bird gets it. CC says '-16 ain't getting water injection.' Pilot says, 'that can't be, I'm a flight leader, I can't have the slowest airplane.' CC says to let him think on it.

Next day CC asks pilot, 'Would you rather bail out because you were shot down or because your engine quit?' Pilot says, 'Because engine quit.' CC says, 'I thought you'd say that, here's what I've done. I took the governor off the turbo. You oughta be able to pull about 100" or so of mercury, but the engine probably won't last much more than a minute.'

So what happens? Our hero launches into the wild blue and in due course finds himself low and slow with a handful of FW's. What to do? Hero pushes the big lever ALL the way forward, lots o' commotion up front, and that heavy ol' jug (courtesy of Pratt&Whitney) out-accelerates and out-climbs the butcher-birds enroute to the safety of nearby clouds AND doesn't blow up.

If I can remember what mag it was in I'll post it. My apologies to the author.

junkers2006
06-28-2006, 06:09 AM
hei guys! i just install newest patchs, and turbo gauge work on p-47, super! big thanks to ubi com!
in Latvian i say,il-2 ir pats labaakais geims.(the best game)

JG53Frankyboy
06-28-2006, 06:38 AM
but there is still no way to control the turbocharger manualy.
it was possible i would say in real - look at the throttle quadrant with this nonemoving tubocharger lever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

junkers2006
06-28-2006, 06:49 AM
yeah! you are right! it s not moving, but that s ok, mayby it will soon been fixed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif