PDA

View Full Version : OP Characters in For Honor

Cadeau123
02-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Before i start i just want to say, This is my Opinion. But you are free to say what your opinion is yourself. Just remeber to have real reasons behind it, Not just (Oh they're super easy to kill). Tell me why they're easy to kill. Thanks.

Ok so i've played For Honor for 181 hours now. Im overall rep 12 and my main is rep 10 (Lawbringer). I play Lawbringer, Shugoki, Peacekeeper and Orochi for the most part.
But what i wanna talk about in this Post is what heros i think are OP and why they're OP.

Ok starting with Centurion. Ok so Centurion, Many may say he's OP and many may say Otherwise. But in my eyes, It doesnt seem fair in any way that a character exists that can do a combo which he only needs to hit you with 1 of the attacks and you lose on some characters, half of your HP. It's basically : Side Jab/Jump/Something else, Uppercut (Which you cant dodge if he lands a Jump attack or Sidejab i believe). You fall the the ground, And then he jumps onto before stabbing you in the stomach. AND THERE! BOOM! Half of your HP is GONE! And sometimes he doesnt even need to hit the Hits before the Uppercut. It has happened at least 5 times for me that the Centurion missed his attacks but then hit me with the Uppercut and then im down. So yeah, Overall. Bieng able to almost kill you by you messing up once, Is plainly OP if you ask me.

Ok lets move onto Shaman. Shaman i think most people agree that she is OP. From bieng able to Faint her Charge, Really quick attacks, Poison and her "Jump and Bite" attack. I think its quite easy to see why she's OP. I mainly get pissed att how she can often do a Heavy and then really quickly, Faint and then jab you with a poison. And i dont know if this is true. But several time a Shaman has Shieldbroke me, Thrown me in any direction (Not into a wall) and then done the "Jump and Bite" attack. Without me bieng able to do anything. Its like the shugoki but guarenteed. Not to mention that it travels much quicker, She doesnt take damage from missing (I believe, Not sure tho) and it reaches much further. So yeah. Overall she is OP for all that she can do without even having to plan anything out.

There are some more that i may add later. But rn im tired.

Got anytips on how to deal with these characters as Lawbringer? Well Lawbringer Mainly.

Oupyz
02-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Shaman is pretty strong

but Conqueror Puts her in his small pocket why i'll answer you : (Best Offense Best Defence) , it's like i can do damage to you while i'am safe and u cannot touch me

Shaman i can do damage to you but u can destroy me as well .

see big difference

nothing come close to conqueror in s5 .

lMoosel
02-18-2018, 09:40 PM
After the current update Cent is currently the worst character in the game, and shaman just fell to
A tier as far as competitive goes. Sheís still good but no longer S tier. Donít take this the wrong way but overall rep 12 really
Isnít a long time played. Certain characters can seem very good but in reality they are only ďnoob stompersĒ.

Cadeau123
02-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Update : Just Fought against a Shaman in this game that took 10 minutes to load for some reason, and she kept jumping towards me with her Side (Heavy or Light) That did alot of damage, Then immediately did a Unblockable, Why? Why is this allowed? A really quick attack and then a Unblockable that for some reason is so had to Parry for me at least. I dont know why really. She like holds it, like waiting for you to Heavy and then hits.

Cadeau123
02-18-2018, 09:43 PM
Centurion is the weakest my ***. Low health does not equal to Worst character.

Alustar.
02-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Before i start i just want to say, This is my Opinion. But you are free to say what your opinion is yourself. Just remeber to have real reasons behind it, Not just (Oh they're super easy to kill). Tell me why they're easy to kill. Thanks.

Ok so i've played For Honor for 181 hours now. Im overall rep 12 and my main is rep 10 (Lawbringer). I play Lawbringer, Shugoki, Peacekeeper and Orochi for the most part.
But what i wanna talk about in this Post is what heros i think are OP and why they're OP.

Ok starting with Centurion. Ok so Centurion, Many may say he's OP and many may say Otherwise. But in my eyes, It doesnt seem fair in any way that a character exists that can do a combo which he only needs to hit you with 1 of the attacks and you lose on some characters, half of your HP. It's basically : Side Jab/Jump/Something else, Uppercut (Which you cant dodge if he lands a Jump attack or Sidejab i believe). You fall the the ground, And then he jumps onto before stabbing you in the stomach. AND THERE! BOOM! Half of your HP is GONE! And sometimes he doesnt even need to hit the Hits before the Uppercut. It has happened at least 5 times for me that the Centurion missed his attacks but then hit me with the Uppercut and then im down. So yeah, Overall. Bieng able to almost kill you by you messing up once, Is plainly OP if you ask me.

Ok lets move onto Shaman. Shaman i think most people agree that she is OP. From bieng able to Faint her Charge, Really quick attacks, Poison and her "Jump and Bite" attack. I think its quite easy to see why she's OP. I mainly get pissed att how she can often do a Heavy and then really quickly, Faint and then jab you with a poison. And i dont know if this is true. But several time a Shaman has Shieldbroke me, Thrown me in any direction (Not into a wall) and then done the "Jump and Bite" attack. Without me bieng able to do anything. Its like the shugoki but guarenteed. Not to mention that it travels much quicker, She doesnt take damage from missing (I believe, Not sure tho) and it reaches much further. So yeah. Overall she is OP for all that she can do without even having to plan anything out.

Got anytips on how to deal with these characters as Lawbringer? Well Lawbringer Mainly.

At the risk of sounding condescending, this is a learn to play issue, starting from the fact that you don't know or barely recognize move sets. While that's a common issue facing most players, or easily rectified by playing the characters
You have trouble with.

I personally don't agree with characters really being OP, mostly because every move can be mitigated and countered once you learn how.

lMoosel
02-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Iím not here to argue, you asked for
Info. HP has nothing to with it, the fact is if I stand in your face and your on centurion and I donít attack you canít do a single thing to hit me. The only thing Cent had going for him was his light perry punish and now thatís gone. No openers/way to get safe damage = garbage against good players. He might still be a noob stomper and thatís fine but you need to realize that at this point heís a joke. Try him yourself and once you come up against someone who knows his kit you realize very quick how limited he is.

Knight_Raime
02-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Centurion was A tier pre patch. he was backpacked by how stupid good parrying was.
Now that parrying is nerfed he's B tier. And just barely. He doesn't have access to his combo anymore in any reasonable situations. duel or 4v4.
He still has probably the safest heavy in the game and his mix up soft feint. But that loses it's effectiveness the farther up in skill tiers you go.

If you're struggling against centurion in season 5 it's a player issue. Not a character issue.

Shaman is "op" from a design perspective but not in gameplay. Everything she does mix up wise is proceeded with a setup animation. Players who can recognize this and react accordingly will punish her severely. She collapses when she's not the one applying pressure (as far as dueling is concerned.) Since the parry changes went live she's lost access to easy bites. There for her most damaging move like centurions is barely in play. Shaman is currently propped up by broken indicators on wildcats range and lack of lag compensation. Once that is fixed and lag comp is on she'll be more easily dealt with by more players.

Dasteel1974
02-19-2018, 06:04 AM
Said it before and I will say it again. Centurion is an underdog against every character in the game. Very predictable and slow. He will get outrun by most characters when they are OOS. And if you have issues with his combos then your D sucks. Sorry. Itís the truth.

Cakir4bi
02-19-2018, 07:32 AM

In my opinion there is no op hero in for honor there is just 2 kind of players the ones who know how to play there heros and know all about the attacks of the other heroes so they can easily dodge or parry or block and there is the other player who always complain because they lose. And why they lose is easy to answer if you want to be good in a game you have to know what your opponent is capable of and you have to learn wich moves they like to use so basically watch and learn use the right timing to counter them and win the fight. So like I said no op heros just op players. For honor is a game wich is easy to learn but hard to master just try harder just try to read your opponent and then it will lead you to the victory.

PS: I uploaded some videos on YouTube and I would like to hear your opinion about them
https://youtu.be/RsncMVUKV-A

Baturai
02-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Gladiator Shaman Conq Shinobi Pk

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Gladiator Shaman Conq Shinobi Pk
Hamburgers, Giraffes, Cellery, Mountains, Patrick Stewart.

Alustar.
02-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Hamburgers, Giraffes, Cellery, Mountains, Patrick Stewart.

This made me lol!

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 04:42 PM
I have mixed feelings about Shaman, on one hand I hate her... shes FAR TO EASY to play, and really disincentivizes me from playing a class that I put over 50 hours into mastering her one move (Nobushi- Hidden Stance) knowing someone else can hop on, and play Shaman for an hour and do ANYTHING that Nobushi can do with half the effort.

On the other hand, these DLC heroes are kind of my light at the end of the tunnel because I'm hoping all the original characters will have a FULL MOVESET that is viable across ALL LEVELS of play like Shaman, Glad, Shinobi... but when they start nerfing things that dont need to be nerfed (ie: Nobushi's light attacks, the worst and easiest lights to deal with in the entire game) it adds to that disincentive and really dims that light.

In 4v4's I might agree with the post (To an extent) Not having a Shaman on your team puts you at a disadvantage if the enemy has one due to her extremely safe and spam-able cc, extremely strong ledging capabilities, and the best survivability out of all the Assassins.

In 1v1's I disagree, when you're able to focus on the Shaman and dont have to worry about her 3 other teammates interrupting your punish shes not that big of a deal.

Honestly, shes the same as Lawbringer and Nobushi when it comes to being GOOD at 1v1's but GODLIKE at 4v4's. Id say shes slightly better than those two in 1v1's though, due to her having more than 1 or 2 viable moves in her kit. (Copy pasted from another post about Shaman and DLC heroes)

Go make a custom game, fight a bot against the heroes you have an issue with so you can learn their moves (or play them yourself, if you can) it will take a while, patience is key for this game.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 04:49 PM
How is it even possible that anyone can still say Centurion is overpowered or even good? Jesus, people. Get a clue, and learn his pathetically predictable and easy to counter moveset. He's one of the weakest characters in the game, at the very least the weakest DLC hero.

In fact, it's way more likely he'll be getting buffed in the future, so get used to it.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 04:59 PM
How is it even possible that anyone can still say Centurion is overpowered or even good? Jesus, people. Get a clue, and learn his pathetically predictable and easy to counter moveset. He's one of the weakest characters in the game, at the very least the weakest DLC hero.

In fact, it's way more likely he'll be getting buffed in the future, so get used to it.

Any time I see someone complain about centurion now, its because "He gets to half your health of any parry" not sure how true this is, I havent really experienced it.

I remember someone saying he gets 65 damage of any parry.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Any time I see someone complain about centurion now, its because "He gets to half your health of any parry" not sure how true this is, I havent really experienced it.

I remember someone saying he gets 65 damage of any parry.

He's the only character that now gets only 25 damage from both heavy and light parry. Think about that for a second.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 05:27 PM
He's the only character that now gets only 25 damage from both heavy and light parry. Think about that for a second.

Oh, okay.... thats pretty bad lol

marksierens
02-19-2018, 06:01 PM
conq deserves the buff!

NHLGoldenKnight
02-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Ok, i will give my opinion on heroes I consider to be OP or broken, which is sometimes same thing. Keep in mind that I am casual player, with only about 5 months of experience.

Aramusha is the worst one for me. His combination of speed, fainting options and stamina/number of swings per attack is absolutely crazy. Maybe he is ok on PC but on console I simply can't stop him. He doesn't always go for the top one, and even when i get couple of blocks, I still can't stop him and I have to eat half of his hits-and that is best case scenario. After the Gladiator, most frustrating hero to fight agains, atbleast for me.
Gladiator, I hate him. He has too much going on for him. Health, stammina, he can attack from 4 different directions, quick side step attacks, side step stun (like wtf?), multiple unblockables, bleed....he has everything. During my time with For Honor, I did make progress fighting most of the heroes. But I never was able to improve myself versus Gladiator.
Centurion, completely broken. Fight can go only to ways. Or he won't touch me and I will kill him. Or I won't touch him and he will kill me. Simple as that.
Shaman is similar to Gladiator. Too much going on in her favor, being that she is assasin class. I do not mind her fighting in general, but her jump, pounce and bite are ridiculous. She has decent health, but she is fast and deals relatively good damage. With splitting axe and kitchen knife? Yup, that is right.
Shinobi, I hate him so much!!! He just doesn't belong in this game. This game was created around melee fighting, face to face. Having the hero that can kill you without having to be in your reach is one of my biggest complaints when it comes to how developers deal with balancing. While other OP heroes I can tolerate because at least I can get to them, I simply can't tolerate Shinobi. He is the cancer of this game. Even when I kill him, I feel like I lost the fight.

And the last one is PK. Now, full disclosure, I do play as PK occasionally. However, I have to admit that she feels op from time to time. Not when compared to new dlc roster but definitely when compared to og roster. I am not you typical guy, so I will never go for that triple stab, and usually I will only do that once per fight and only one stab. I just enjoy simple yet beautiful sword fight and PK can provide that. However, in wrong hands, she can be one of the most annoying heroes in entire game.

In general, I feel that assasin class is OP. They have too much going on for them and they should deal less damage than they do know. That is my biggest complaint when it comes to balancing different classes. Individually, Aramusha/Gladiator/Shinobi are the worst at least for me.

mrmistark
02-19-2018, 08:20 PM
These conversations usually go array because what peopleís definition of OP is varied too much. It is my opinion that there is no single character in For Honor that is necessarily OP.

OP to me would be a hero so obviously and blatantly stronger than the others that to not play the character would put you at an inherently obvious disadvantage. By my personal definition, if you think there are 3 heroes who are OP, then by my definition they CANT be OP. Thatís just my take on how I see OP as a term so you can understand where I stand as far as using OP as a term.

In For Honor, I donít believe that any hero particularly fits this bill. There are obvious tiers based on movesets and options for each scenario and how many bad matchups each character has, but no single character who is blatantly above the rest.

HOWEVER, itís more of a matter, in my opinion, that the problem is the complete opposite of OP characters, rather UP characters (under powered).

UP to me is a character that is so lacking that to chose that hero would put you at a blatant disadvantage.

Characters that could be argued to be in this bracket are: Orochi, and Valkyrie respectably with Warden, Warlord and Shugoki arguably close to (not quite though) being UP as well. Hopefully with the balancing in the future, we will see changes to bring these heroes up to the current roster. The problem is, the more there are reworks, the farther the gap becomes between the top characters and the worst.

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:25 PM

They peaked skill wise and are handling it poorly.
It's the same people who still complain about light spam or claim mix ups to be nothing but "unblockable spam."

Dasteel1974
02-20-2018, 04:04 AM
In my opinion there is no op hero in for honor there is just 2 kind of players the ones who know how to play there heros and know all about the attacks of the other heroes so they can easily dodge or parry or block and there is the other player who always complain because they lose. And why they lose is easy to answer if you want to be good in a game you have to know what your opponent is capable of and you have to learn wich moves they like to use so basically watch and learn use the right timing to counter them and win the fight. So like I said no op heros just op players. For honor is a game wich is easy to learn but hard to master just try harder just try to read your opponent and then it will lead you to the victory.

PS: I uploaded some videos on YouTube and I would like to hear your opinion about them
https://youtu.be/RsncMVUKV-A

A scene from Billy Madison comes to mind after reading this.

Cakir4bi
02-23-2018, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=NHLGoldenKnight;13327071]Ok, i will give my opinion on heroes I consider to be OP or broken, which is sometimes same thing. Keep in mind that I am casual player, with only about 5 months of experience.

Aramusha is the worst one for me. His combination of speed, fainting options and stamina/number of swings per attack is absolutely crazy. Maybe he is ok on PC but on console I simply can't stop him. He doesn't always go for the top one, and even when i get couple of blocks, I still can't stop him and I have to eat half of his hits-and that is best case scenario. After the Gladiator, most frustrating hero to fight agains, atbleast for me.

If you want to stop the aramusha and his light spams u just have to light Punish him my main hero is the warlord and I can if I want block every attack incoming from him and when I hit the light attack right before he hits me I light block and hit him like that it's easy to stop him first watch how he likes to play and just light punish him. In the and as warlord Vs aramusha he will get so much frustrated that he will just turtle up or get aggressive and attack and this is your chance as warlord to give him the rest.

Ok it's true with a assassin class I have troubles to stop his spam but with a heavy or hybrid or even as warden raider or kensai he is easy to stop.

Cakir4bi
02-23-2018, 10:28 AM
I don't agree with you that the warlord is up. Ok he has a limited move set but if you know how to play him you can really frustrated your opponent and make him feel like he has no possibility to beat you down.