PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4

Demon_Mustang
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey, Resident Evil 4 is knocking out those reviews. 9.8 in IGN and 9.6 at Gamespot.

As much as I liked Metroid Prime and not as much the first Resident Evil remake, I might buy this one before I get Metroid Prime 2, or I'll just get whichever one I can afford first, which probably will be MP2... I don't know, this one is supposed to be really groundbreaking or something...

Anyone have it yet?

Demon_Mustang
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey, Resident Evil 4 is knocking out those reviews. 9.8 in IGN and 9.6 at Gamespot.

As much as I liked Metroid Prime and not as much the first Resident Evil remake, I might buy this one before I get Metroid Prime 2, or I'll just get whichever one I can afford first, which probably will be MP2... I don't know, this one is supposed to be really groundbreaking or something...

Anyone have it yet?

CUDGEdaveUK
01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Is it gamecube only? no PS2 version DM? it'll be **** on ps2 if so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I've got Res evil:code veronica on the dreamcast,that was a babe of a game.

Demon_Mustang
01-11-2005, 09:37 PM
It'll be what on ps2?

Who knows, like most other exclusive games, if it's successful they'll port it to other systems, but I fear if they port it to ps2 the graphics will just get worse and it might not get the same acclaim as it does now, but perhaps the gameplay is good enough to where nobody will care. From what I hear, the latter might be the case, the gameplay is said to be excellent.

Gold Movement
01-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I havent got it yet Since it aint released in the UK yet. I Read the reviews in ign an the game does sound really good.To me the game kinda has that Dawn of the dead feeling to it but makes the game really good. And yeah they are going to make it for the PS2 but it wont be out later on in the year. It wont have all the same looks as in the gamecube version kinda be watered down .

Demon_Mustang
01-14-2005, 11:14 AM
The PS2's main weakness is in it's textures, even if they can get the geometry and everything else perfect, their textures will probably end up a bit grainier or blurrier. Is that even a word???

But anyway, it does "special effects" better than GameCube, but I don't think RE4 will have a lot of that, maybe some of the explosions might be brighter or something, but in sci-fi games, a PS2 version might be better looking because of the brighter visuals.

The Xbox can probably get better all-around graphics, but their framerates always suffer more than the others, well, sometimes they beat the PS2, but the GameCube generally runs games in better framerates, so perhaps if the Xbox had to match the framerate their graphics might end up looking the same as the rest. There really is no clear winner in power as any of them would claim...

fdsafa
01-18-2005, 08:48 PM
yeah I would diffently go out and get it. Resident evil 4 is a freaking outstanding game. One of the best ones I played in long time. Well at least since MGS3 came out.

SO MANY GOOD GAMES COMMING OUT THIS YEAR!!!!

KU_
01-20-2005, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't really say Resident Evil 4 is groundbreaking, but it's a pretty good game. The graphics are great for Gamecube (not the best, but still looks very good) the gameplay is like a 3rd person shooter/action adventure.

Demon_Mustang
01-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Well obviously you can't compare the graphics to something like HL2, the PC will always PWN any console game any day...

durdd
01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
I thoroughly enjoy Resident Evil 4. You fight these beserked spanish villagers...

MT_UnclePhil
01-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Get Metroid Prime 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The begining cutscenes are pretty nuts. Plus the multiplayer is a blast, although somewhat 'bland' . Nothing beats rolling around in a ball and drop a powerbomb next to your opponent.

Demon_Mustang
01-23-2005, 08:45 PM
I want to, but money has become an issue now, especially since the break-in, and I already spent more than the usual on upgrades for my car this month. The break-in was unexpected, well, obviously. But soon, soon I'll have RE4 and MP2.