PDA

View Full Version : S5 - Shugoki vs Conqueror (Any tips)

TSCDescon
02-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Not a rant.

But, I've been facing ALOT of Conquerors and I've been having trouble since they got reworked.

There's really no way I can punish Conq players as a Shugoki. Yes, its a turtle contest and staring too. Here and there I'll throw in a light to predict a guard break, but usually I get parried doing it. Even with the parry changes, all it takes is a heavy > shield bash because the heavy will take away my stance and the shield bash will usually hit due to Shugoki's small window on this dodge. When I manage to dodge the shield bash, I have no time to do anything.

1 - I can attempt to guard break after I dodge the shield bash and get hit with a light.
2 - Attempt to do a light attack risk on getting parried.

Not that many options I can do. When I do want to trade with hyper armor, the Conq players will not do anything besides getting a free guard break to take away my hyper amror. Also, not to mention that Conqs can cancel their heavies into shield bash. Most Conqs I face are really good. I myself is a decent player, I'm not a Shugoki god or anything. Its just hard for me to find a way around the Conq. IMO this fight favs Conqs more so than Shugoki. I would like to hear some of other players thoughts.

RenegadeTX2000
02-18-2018, 07:22 PM
lol

RenegadeTX2000
02-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Don't go shugoki on Conq. It's not fun. If you still want to go slow, go highlander, his offense stance is great but you gotta know him to pull it. if not then shaman, PK. other than that rip

Knight_Raime
02-18-2018, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure what you can do other than trade with lights when your HA is up. Your attacks are slow enough that a conq can cancel into FB and get free 30 damage. Since conqs main offense/pressure tool is a bash you can't really trade with it.

It seems that his changes didn't make any of his matchups worse and made some of them better.

TSCDescon
02-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Don't go shugoki on Conq. It's not fun. If you still want to go slow, go highlander, his offense stance is great but you gotta know him to pull it. if not then shaman, PK. other than that rip

That is the problem lol. I don't know if the other player is going to play Conq or not. Also, I don't have DLC characters. I'll just wait and see until next season when Shugoki gets reworked *shrug*.

BarbeQMichael
02-18-2018, 09:34 PM
You are on the same boat with highlander, they are just ****ed if there is conq against them. The conq can just keep spamming the shoulderbash into light until either he is out of stamina or you are out of hp, whichever happens first.

Oupyz
02-18-2018, 09:38 PM
nothing defeat conqueror at the moment guys :/

shaman and pk stand a chance due to the their fast dodge other character rest in peace

conqueror needs to be disabled or hotfixed asap

RenegadeTX2000
02-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Nah, Highlander has to go offense stance immediately and play neutral in OF stance. He can do it. If they try and pressure you, go for the superior lights and diagonally dodge away to create space and to gain your stamina back. Always stay in offense stance 100% of the time in this mu. Highlander can actually double dodge twice like an assassin to avoid shield bash while retreating away from him and if he tries to bait then you can superior light him out of whatever he tried to do to catch you retreating.

If by chance he gets you out of offense stance and starts pressuring you, and he does his shield bash light, and then attempts to go for it again, Highlanders retreating light beats his follow up shield bash and since you are retreating with it also beats his full guard and parry option. It's highlanders best evasive move in defensive form... After it lands or whiffs IMMEDIATELY go into offense stance and resume play.

Tyrjo
02-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Conqueror is in dire need of more recovery frames after a missed shield bash.