PDA

View Full Version : PC Question AC4 Savegame Format

bambule92
02-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Hi,

because of the well-known savegame problem in AC4 I lost my saves and now got savegame files from a friend.

The problem is in the installation folder E: \ Program Files \ Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ 10e162fe-e2dd-4c8e-ab4d-0a3ea8191c0f \ 273
are 4 files: 1.save; 1.save.upload; 2.save; 2.save.upload. From my friend I have only 3 files: Save001.sav; Save002.sav and saves.
Unfortunately, despite numerous videos and threads, I have not found a solution. Maybe someone is able to help me. I just want to replace them with the new files, which should be possible i guess

Many instructions say the folders should be C> Program Files> Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag> save3dmgames or C> ProgramData> Orbit> 442, though these two folders do not exist on my PC

Thank you very much!

Locopells
02-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you've got savegames from a different version. Sorry to be the voice of doom, but I'm not sure transferring saves would work anyway as I think it was with ACIV that Ubi started locking saves to your Uplay account.

andynaruto10
02-19-2018, 08:12 PM
From my friend I have only 3 files: Save001.sav; Save002.sav and saves.

Many instructions say the folders should be C> Program Files> Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag> save3dmgames or C> ProgramData> Orbit> 442, though these two folders do not exist on my PC

I'm pretty sure those are saves from the cracked version of the game, of course it will NOT work.

But the "1.save" and "2.save" from "Ubisoft Game Launcher \ savegames \ 10e162fe-e2dd-4c8e-ab4d-0a3ea8191c0f \ 273" are the good ones.

All savegames are in the Ubisoft Game Launcher (Uplay) installation folder.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag do NOT synchronize the savegames on the Cloud. Make sure you BACKUP them.