PDA

View Full Version : Test Your Metal - Team Samurai

Kryltic
02-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Does anyone else feel they are by far the weakest team to play against?

Vakris_One
02-18-2018, 06:11 PM
All of the Test Your Metal NPCs are pretty straightforward to take down in my opinion, I haven't noticed much of a difference between them. The ones that feint their heavies like Appollyon and Gudmundr are the more challenging.

If I had to make a list of best to worst it would probably go like this:

1) Appollyon
2) Gudmundr (Warlord)
3) Runa (Valk)
4) Siv (Zerker)
5) Tozen (Orochi)
6) Holden (Lawbro), Conq dude and Kensei lady
7) Raider dude and Seijuro (Orochi)
8) Fat boy Shugo and Mercy (PK)

Mini1900
02-18-2018, 11:59 PM
All of the Test Your Metal NPCs are pretty straightforward to take down in my opinion, I haven't noticed much of a difference between them. The ones that feint their heavies like Appollyon and Gudmundr are the more challenging.

1) Appollyon
2) Gudmundr (Warlord)
3) Runa (Valk)
4) Siv (Zerker)
5) Tozen (Orochi)
if u get lvl 2 bot t , they will never use feints, IF U get lvl 3 bots , they will feint no matter which hero
A lvl 3 Tozen will kick ur *** more than a lvl3 gudmundr for sure ! Its about the BOT LVL !

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 12:18 AM
if u get lvl 2 bot t , they will never use feints, IF U get lvl 3 bots , they will feint no matter which hero
A lvl 3 Tozen will kick ur *** more than a lvl3 gudmundr for sure ! Its about the BOT LVL !
I'm not too sure how it all works so it's entirely possible I've gotten level 3 Apollyon and Gudmudr bots more frequently than other characters. They all have their patterns though because they are programmable bots and not as creative as humans. It's just a matter of learning their patterns and then dismantling them. So far the only time it's been difficult is when I am getting ganged up on by the bots.

redey3dclyde
02-19-2018, 12:22 AM

1) Appollyon
2) Gudmundr (Warlord)
3) Runa (Valk)
4) Siv (Zerker)
5) Tozen (Orochi)

Wow, that is so different from my own experience.

For me:

Knights - Easiest round. Maybe because I play more knight heroes than the other factions.

Apollyon is usually my only guaranteed (okay, 80%) kill in a round.
Stone - cops it a lot. Gets lucky occasionally.
Holden - is no biggy if you can take your time. Which is usually impossible because the rest of his team are on there way.
Mercy - the very reason I hate PKs to this day. Though I do a little dance every time I kill her.

Vikings - Challenging but not impossible if you haven't been swamped.

Gundmundr - Typifies the OPness of the early Wahlard. (sic) I swear he has the insane tracking of the season 1 Warlord. I saw him do a 135 degree turn to catch a roll.
Siv - not too bad until she spams the unblockables.
Runa - I love killing Valks. She has reminded me of this fact. Nightmare in close quarters though.
Ragnar - Again confined quarters are not where you want to be. If you get hit with the first topheavy, that's pretty much game, set and match.

Samurai - I dread this match up. Thankful Nobushi didn't make the team though.

Seijuro - I almost feel sorry for him. I have to be really off to lose to him. He does get his licks in quite often though. But I max out execution regen to combat this.
Lady Kensei - This one I prefer to be in confined quarters to neutralise the slide she abuses. Still adapting to the new Kensei. 50/50 win loss.
Fat B@st@rd - I know his name, yet.... Should explain my feelings on him. I have landed two heavies and a light only to discover he still had hyper-armour. Glitch?
Tozen - This f**king guy. It goes well to start with. He OOSs quickly. A true Orochi, he avoids engaging or just legs it. Then he gets you near a wall or rail and unleashes a never ending chain of bullsh!t that, try as I might, I just can't block more than 2 hits. And none consecutively. I hated the ***** in the campaign. My disdain has only grown. Though if I Kensei I can usually ruin his day.

Maybe it's a console thing. My limited time on PC with this has had mixed results for me so far. Bad results. But mixed nonetheless.

AkenoKobayashi
02-19-2018, 02:10 AM
Mercy, Runa, and Ranja are my least favorite. Literally, Mercy and Runa are the personifications of my hatred for these two classes. Mercy can dodge your side attacks even when backed into a corner with no escape. Rune pokes you to death from all directions, and uses the reflect stab+Shield bash on you, which renders you vulnerable for a few seconds.

Ranja...She pissed me off in the story, and she still pisses me off with the new set up. Light spam Kensei who uses Swift Strike as a counter to my attacks, followed by a light finisher.

After that, Gundmundr is a literal tank who will slap you around. He has this crazy counter attack that stuns and drains you of stamina.

Kizan only wins when he gets his double hyper armor, which I know he has. Soaked up two hit combo, and THEN lost his armor. Oh, and despite throwing him against a wall, and getting a wall splat stagger, he managed to recover in time to dodge my very close range Demon's Embrace that I launched right after I saw the splat, and killed me.

Everyone else just gets irritating when they get their loser buffs like Apollyon's shield, Ragnars heavy knock down, Siv's unblockable attacks. Mercy freaking gets Blood Trance, and heals when she attacks after applying bleed.

Seijuro is a typical Orochi. Missing his ornament though...And Tozen...It's always fun to fight Tozen.

Still...more fun than the level 2 bots I've been fighting.

Kelson27
02-19-2018, 02:50 AM
Definitely depends on the matchup for me! I main Orochi, and generally can't stand facing Holden, not because he's gonna take me out, but because he takes so long to pick apart there's likely a gank squad coming for me just as I take him out, where as I'll quickly take out Runa in a heartbeat.

On the flip side, I can't stand Runa when I'm playing warden, those superfast pokes are a massive pain, and against Holden I let out a sigh of relief every time, I've got it easy for at least a minute!

Of course, it might all be about pattern recognition. Mercy will absolutely dodge and bleed you every time... until you figure out she just refuses to CGB.

EvoX.
02-19-2018, 02:57 AM
Mercy is the most annoying little minx. She likes standing in front of you, like a statue, indicating she's in maximum input read mode. From there, if you try to attack she will dash-heavy, if you try to feint she will call it, if you try to GB she will attack, if you try to parry a light it will be a heavy and vice-versa.

Only opponent that's giving me trouble every single time, can't wait to see what she's like in week 3.