PDA

View Full Version : Campaign heroes are hackers

RoosterIlluzion
02-18-2018, 02:52 AM
So either the game has a bad bug, or the campaign heroes are hackers. I parried an attack from that d ick LB, and immediately went to GB and I was countered. WTF?

Oh yeah, the new Kensei can suck my sweaty *** crack. ****er's attacks are so fast you can't side block.

Vrbas1
02-18-2018, 03:34 AM
Breaking News
GB after parry no longer guaranteed.

More, tonight at 10.

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 03:38 AM
All I can say, is read the patch notes. Parrying a light gives you a heavy, parrying a heavy gives you a light, no more free gb's off parry.

EvoX.
02-18-2018, 03:45 AM
Your posts and threads always lift up my mood.

RoosterIlluzion
02-19-2018, 07:33 AM
All I can say, is read the patch notes. Parrying a light gives you a heavy, parrying a heavy gives you a light, no more free gb's off parry.

So I must've missed the patch note that said these ****ers can activate revenge mode while they're being hit by a shield bash. Yes, while they're being hit, not before they're hit, so my attack is deflected.

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 02:17 PM
So I must've missed the patch note that said these ****ers can activate revenge mode while they're being hit by a shield bash. Yes, while they're being hit, not before they're hit, so my attack is deflected.
Ya, you can do that too. I've activated super saiyan mode on players a milisecond before their bash hits me and have stopped their bash dead. Same has happened to me.

RoosterIlluzion
02-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Ya, you can do that too. I've activated super saiyan mode on players a milisecond before their bash hits me and have stopped their bash dead. Same has happened to me.

Yeah, just before its hits, I'm aware of. But the Viking boss activated it AS he was being hit. Literally reeling back from my hit and he activated revenge, knocking me back.

Vakris_One
02-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Yeah, just before its hits, I'm aware of. But the Viking boss activated it AS he was being hit. Literally reeling back from my hit and he activated revenge, knocking me back.
The Viking Warlord dude, Gudmundr, gets passive hyper armour after you beat him twice. Could be that his hyper armour absorbed your bash and then he went full Goku on you.

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 05:02 PM

Thats because shield bash is a soft-cc move, you can activate revenge in those.

Examples of hard-cc moves you CANT activate revenge in (Even vs players) Lawbringers pancake flip, Shaman Bite, Centurion's Cutscene of This-Doesnt-Belong-In-The-Game

RoosterIlluzion
02-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Thats because shield bash is a soft-cc move, you can activate revenge in those.

Examples of hard-cc moves you CANT activate revenge in (Even vs players) Lawbringers pancake flip, Shaman Bite, Centurion's Cutscene of This-Doesnt-Belong-In-The-Game

If that's true, it utter b.s. I've never encountered this before on any player or normal AI hero. Maybe lag?

BTTrinity
02-19-2018, 08:05 PM
If that's true, it utter b.s. I've never encountered this before on any player or normal AI hero. Maybe lag?

Nope, intended design.

SA1MON_Majestic
02-22-2018, 08:20 PM
You may have not encountered it, because you never gone against a player with the reaction speed of an AI. The whole thing is that the AI are programmed to have perfect mechanics, that's why characters whose kit is built around punishing mistakes aren't good in that mode. The AI is programmed to only makes mistakes at certain intervals, so they will always get the counter-guard break, and always activate revenge when it is needed. Play a hero that makes it's own openings and you should be fine, just don't expect to get the usual punish that you get against actual people.

UbiJurassic
02-22-2018, 08:59 PM
As other's have already mentioned, several things have changed with the start of Season 5. One such thing is the changes we made to parry rewards. I've listed the general changes below, but you can find the full notes here. (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-318557-16/patch-notes-v119)

PARRY

General

∙ You can now Counter Guard Break if grabbed during a Parry Reaction.
∙ Parrying now moves you 1m forward (was 0m).
∙ Controller rumble on parry has been fixed.

Parried a Heavy Attack

∙ Heavy Parry Reaction is now 1500ms (was 1400ms), and now allows Stance Change during the last 100ms.
∙ If you Parry a Heavy, now you get 600ms frame advantage in which your opponent cannot block, parry or dodge.
Developer Comments: This means any hero can land a guaranteed Light Attack. Some heroes can also land certain other special moves.

Parried a Light Attack

∙ Light Parry Reaction is still 1800ms but now allows Stance Change during the last 100ms.
∙ If you Parry a Light, now you get 900ms frame advantage in which your opponent cannot block/parry/dodge.
Developer Comments:This means most heroes can land a guaranteed Heavy Attack. Some heroes can also land certain other special moves.

∙ Added a Visual and Audio Effects to parrying a Light Attack, to indicate that your opponent will be vulnerable for a longer period than if you parried a heavy.
Developer Comments: When Parry used to guarantee a Guard Break, it meant that the attacker had a negative expectation of the result: the amount of damage your original attack could inflict was usually less than the amount you risk to a parry, including scenarios such as:

∙ Thrown off a ledge (instant death)
∙ Wall-Stagger punish
∙ Out-Of-Stamina-Unbalance punish

Now, if you are parried you can Counter Guard Break. The opponent will still be given a window to strike you, so you’ll still take damage, but the amount is much more reasonable compared to what the original attack that was parried would have done.

We also think this will improve the pace of the Parry – before the Parry was usually followed by the Guard Break, which seemed to slow the pace of combat. Now, the Parry will be followed by an actual weapon-based attack and combat should feel a little more dynamic.

It's also worth noting that each round won against the bosses in Test Your Metal will result in them becoming more difficult, both in terms of technical difficulty and the addition of certain behaviors to make them more punishing to fight. You can't quite expect the bosses to follow the same rules as a player or a standard bot would.

Breaking News
GB after parry no longer guaranteed.

More, tonight at 10.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/DeJ2ifS2V2zlu/giphy.gif