PDA

View Full Version : Help with Fast attacks

Cadeau123
02-18-2018, 12:19 AM
I cant be the only one who thinks about this. But almost everytime i fight against a Valkyrie, It feels like her attacks go through my block. 2 lights, Flop Opponent, Heavy, Repeat.

So does anyone have any tips to deal with Valkyries? I play Lawbringer and Shugoki but whatever hero i play it feels like the same problem. Alot of heros fall into this problem too for me, Like PK lights or Orochi a small bit.

There also is this problem with Heros that just keep waiting for me to attack then jump to the side and Quick light and start the combo.

So overall, Can anyone give me tips on how to deal with Valkyrie, PK or any other type of light attack spamming heros AND how do i deal with people who just wait for me to attack and then jump to the side of a Light/Heavy attack.

Sincerely Cadeau123 :)

David_gorda
02-18-2018, 01:04 AM
Nothing you can do really to defend against superfast attacks, either you have superhuman reflexes or you dont. against pk you can try keep your distance and keep guard to the right to defend against the zone and be ready to parry top if pk does the jumping lunge attack.
Against classes with dodge attacks you can feint an attack and then parry their dodge attack.

DoodTheMan
02-18-2018, 01:15 AM
If you're on consoles and you haven't yet, go to your options and decrease the deadzone in your widget. Also remember that if Valk jump attacks it always comes from top.

BTTrinity
02-18-2018, 01:21 AM
I cant be the only one who thinks about this. But almost everytime i fight against a Valkyrie, It feels like her attacks go through my block. 2 lights, Flop Opponent, Heavy, Repeat.

So does anyone have any tips to deal with Valkyries? I play Lawbringer and Shugoki but whatever hero i play it feels like the same problem. Alot of heros fall into this problem too for me, Like PK lights or Orochi a small bit.

There also is this problem with Heros that just keep waiting for me to attack then jump to the side and Quick light and start the combo.

So overall, Can anyone give me tips on how to deal with Valkyrie, PK or any other type of light attack spamming heros AND how do i deal with people who just wait for me to attack and then jump to the side of a Light/Heavy attack.

Sincerely Cadeau123 :)

A lot of times lag can cause attacks to basically go through your block, which hopefully dedicated servers and lag comp will help with that (Hopefully this is your issue) but with a bit of practice youll get used to speed of the attacks and be able to block them. Go into a custom game, fight a level 3 pk or valk and just block. do nothing but block till u have it down.

With dodge attacks, the most i can recommend is what david said to do above... Throw a heavy, feint and parry the dodge attack if they throw it.