PDA

View Full Version : Feels like im playing for nothing... We need more ORDERS

swiss_soldier_1
02-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Ubisoft often said they want to reward the most "loyal" players, those who play every day, so why would you give me like 7 orders for nearly 2 days? Yes of course, there are 2 daily ones... but they get done in 10 minutes! We need more!

If i finish the orders i feel like im playing for nothing...orders are a good way to forget about the lack of game modes

I propose that if you finish the orders before the time limit you are given new ones, and if ubisoft is worried that this could go towards too fast leveling (what is "too fast" anyway? if i play a lot its right that i level up a lot) they could just add one single order after you finish the full list, and once you finished this single one you'd get another one and so on! so you could not finish more orders at the same time but you could still have some :)

eLhabib
02-17-2018, 10:28 PM
Y‘know, back in the 80ies and 90ies we used to play games just for the fun of it. Crazy, eh?

Cliff_001
02-17-2018, 10:39 PM
This would be cool but they would never do it because they don't want you to progress to fast.

bmason1000
02-17-2018, 11:00 PM
Y‘know, back in the 80ies and 90ies we used to play games just for the fun of it. Crazy, eh?
I know, ridiculous.

UbiInsulin
02-18-2018, 01:49 AM
Ubisoft often said they want to reward the most "loyal" players, those who play every day, so why would you give me like 7 orders for nearly 2 days? Yes of course, there are 2 daily ones... but they get done in 10 minutes! We need more!

If i finish the orders i feel like im playing for nothing...orders are a good way to forget about the lack of game modes

I propose that if you finish the orders before the time limit you are given new ones, and if ubisoft is worried that this could go towards too fast leveling (what is "too fast" anyway? if i play a lot its right that i level up a lot) they could just add one single order after you finish the full list, and once you finished this single one you'd get another one and so on! so you could not finish more orders at the same time but you could still have some :)

Appreciate the feedback, swiss_soldier. A few people have mentioned the speed with which orders are being completed, so we'll definitely mention the concern to the dev team.

JadeBosson.
02-18-2018, 02:15 AM
I like the idea except the only 1 after another i'd just like them all to be replaced right after you do them as I normally don't do the knight orders as I suck with them meaning i'd just be stuck playing orderless with the 1 after another idea

bob333e
02-18-2018, 05:22 AM

Hear, hear.

For Honor's designated reward and progression systems are downright bottlenecks, for various reasons, and they're flawed by design, supporting the developer more than the player. This is the most basic TL,DR I can give, unless you feel like checking an encyclopedia of a thread which I wrote some time ago and which targets this exact problem. Though, I delved deeper than the notion of just orders; the way I approached it, was that you wouldn't worry about missing out on orders anymore because you yourself would be in control of your own individual progression. But, that'll be a topic for another day.

Concerning the orders themselves, I wholeheartedly agree. They should be refresh-able as you progress on them and complete them and you're still playing. My own suggestion on orders:

- Every 24 hours, a "pool" of orders is generated. Like, 25 orders in the pool. You may equip 3 at a time like it currently allows you, but they're 25 orders, so that's roughly 8x3 (with one extra), meaning completing a set of 3 orders, eight times. This would be enough for a day of playing, and the whole pool refreshes the next day.

- Furthermore, and to tackle the aspect of Ubisoft fearing accelerated player progression and leveling, they can introduce "loot orders". Orders that only reward specific loot, and hence save the players unnecessary grinding to get the desired look for a chest/helm/blade/hilt etc via RNG. No extra XP or Steel here. And these orders are present alongside the Steel/XP orders, in the order pool. So not every order in the pool is a Steel/XP boost.

- They can also introduce "Salvage orders". Orders that reward you with a truckload of Salvage, and minimal XP, upon completion. With the recent addition of ways to throw your Salvage down the drain, I think this will prove helpful to both old and new players who wish to keep buying the XP Boosts consistently.

- This negates the separate generating of daily orders and contract orders, like it is now. All orders are in the same pool, 25 orders, you may equip three at a time, and they all refresh in 24 hours.

- Orders you wish to 'save' and which you cannot complete today but wish to resume tomorrow, can be 'saved' for another day, like a pin or something. Of course, they take up slots. So if you 'save' 5 orders, only 20 orders will refresh the next day. The five you have saved won't refresh, and they'll retain what progress you have made on them yesterday. This is also handy for when you want to save specific orders to complete alongside friends or during a Double XP weekend, etc.

- This remains exempt from community event orders. Community event orders are handled separately and require you to participate in a specific action/situation, which is how they currently made them. But, community event orders should happen weekly. Even when there are no seasonal events / special events taking place like Frost Wind Festival or Apollyon's Legacy.

- Last but not least, they should introduce a new section titled "Faction Orders". For example, manually deploying a set number of troops for your Faction during a campaign (campaign, not season), and being rewarded for it. You may choose between three "intensities": regular, advanced, or expert.
The higher the intensity, the bigger amount of troops you must manually deploy during a campaign, and the bigger your reward if you complete this order. This order is for you alone, other members of your Faction don't count, and it will only refresh upon the next campaign.

This actively encourages participation in Faction War and is an actual playtime reward for contributing to the Faction War. Another example would be, help in defending captured territories, or help in capturing enemy territories. With three intensities as well, regular, advanced, expert. Etc etc. And intensity choice is irreversible for the duration of a campaign. This also discourages Faction-hopping. Faction hoppers will have these Faction Orders reset if they switch Factions during a season. They must wait for the off-season to change Factions, without harming overall troop deployment.

Faction Orders can reward Steel, XP, Salvage, and scavenger crates. And they reward more than the orders in the order pool mentioned above. And of course, the element of choice should still be present. They are six Faction Orders per campaign, and you may only equip two. The two you equip cannot be unequipped for the duration of the campaign. And then upon equipping them, selecting the intensity, as said above, is irreversible. Equipping these orders require you to hold the button press much like a Dismantle, so that there are no accidental equips.

Just some thoughts. I could probably add more to this list, but would like to know whether you like where this is going, first.

MrBuggle
02-18-2018, 06:39 AM
I go to work (granted, a 12 hour shift). Before I leave the the global event hadn't started yet. When I get home it's completed already and I'm out my xp and steel :(

We see the same orders over and over again. Many are easy to complete in a couple of games. There's room for improvement, for sure. Some longer orders with bigger rewards is one solution. More varied orders would also be nice.

Kryltic
02-18-2018, 12:13 PM
My (quick) suggestions would be:

Add 2 more orders to the pools given every other day.
Increase the variety of orders which can generated, including daily orders.
Add a higher difficulty set of orders.

Zordrage
02-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Agree with the OP

Rewards are Nonexistent after you done the Orders.....

Kelson27
02-18-2018, 03:45 PM

Back in the 90s there wasn’t an in game currency nor loot locked behind days of playtime either...

I for one would like to see the orders continue rolling out. I’ve put hours and hours in for my orochi, at least the orders feel like progress. When they dry up it’s a pretty hard slog.

eLhabib
02-18-2018, 04:20 PM
I get what you are saying, basically, only that in this game progress makes hardly any difference - sure, your gear stats get shifted a bit, but all in all they won’t ever win you a fight - and that‘s good as it is, I would prefer strictly cosmetic changes. So if tweaking stats by a maximum of 10% is really your reason for playing, that‘s kinda sad. People seem to forget that playing for the actual experience and fun used to be enough...

Zordrage
02-18-2018, 04:27 PM
I get what you are saying, basically, only that in this game progress makes hardly any difference - sure, your gear stats get shifted a bit, but all in all they won’t ever win you a fight - and that‘s good as it is, I would prefer strictly cosmetic changes. So if tweaking stats by a maximum of 10% is really your reason for playing, that‘s kinda sad. People seem to forget that playing for the actual experience and fun used to be enough...

Gear in this game is waaaaaay more then just 10% bonus if you optimise it well for your play style.....

Especially the Stamina cost on attacks stat......

bmason1000
02-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Back in the 90s there wasn’t an in game currency nor loot locked behind days of playtime either...

I for one would like to see the orders continue rolling out. I’ve put hours and hours in for my orochi, at least the orders feel like progress. When they dry up it’s a pretty hard slog. Absolutely there was. That's been an rpg aspect forever. The original grind. FF7 i used to spend weeks, whole weeks, grinding out level after level to max out materia.

Zordrage
02-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Absolutely there was. That's been an rpg aspect forever. The original grind. FF7 i used to spend weeks, whole weeks, grinding out level after level to max out materia.

aaaaaand do you think thats a good or bad gameplay design ?

eLhabib
02-18-2018, 04:38 PM
In my opinion, good game design means that someone playing really well with a level 1 character can beat someone playing badly with a max level character. Stats should never trump skill. And fortunately, For Honor fits that bill (mostly) and even disables stats for 1v1 and 2v2. So yeah, other than for cosmetic reasons I see no reason to try and grind in this game.

LordDarkMoth
02-18-2018, 04:59 PM
Back to the OP. I agree there feels like a little bit of a drive loss after you finish orders. However I'm not sure if there should just be a ton of orders, instead maybe make an XP and steel gains buff after having completed every order until the next reset(48hour loop). Even a minor boost of that type would make me feel like I earned something cool for my loyalty of finishing all the orders.

And with the current convo - I think that while there could be changes to make the grinding experience more fun but I don't think it would be a wise investment of energy just because i don't think that xp and loot grinding aren't the point of this game. I feel this game was designed from the bottom up as a fighting game and one that is supposed to reward skill. So I agree, loot should be cosmetics that show how much you play/dedication to a character.

EvoX.
02-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Agreed, more order are definitely in line.