PDA

View Full Version : Uboat Emblems

walsh2509
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I d/ld the Uboat Emblems pack from Subsom.com and loaded them in, but I can't seem to access them!

I seems a post where it say you need points to open them up, does anyone know how many points you need to pick from them?

I have 2500 points but all that allows me to pick is the default 7th Flots Emblem.

anyone know how many points I need!

Thanks walsh2509!

Good Hunting.

ps .. when I am in the crew option it say I have 2880.50 points, why the difference?

walsh2509
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I d/ld the Uboat Emblems pack from Subsom.com and loaded them in, but I can't seem to access them!

I seems a post where it say you need points to open them up, does anyone know how many points you need to pick from them?

I have 2500 points but all that allows me to pick is the default 7th Flots Emblem.

anyone know how many points I need!

Thanks walsh2509!

Good Hunting.

ps .. when I am in the crew option it say I have 2880.50 points, why the difference?

Bergman
04-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I think you need about 1500 more points. I had it also: first you are allowed to wear the flotilla emblem and later you could choose from the other emblems (by the way I do use game emblems as I am afraid that I cannot use the new patches from Ubisoft anymore). In my case after the next mission (43% realism, and earning about 1500 points) I was allowed to use other emblems.

Johnny_JG2
04-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I think the reason you are seeing 2500 points in the sub upgrade screen is because it *costs* 2500 points for your VIIB- that you already have. That is the first thing you see in that screen. It shows how much things cost in there, not how much you have.

The 2880.5 in the crew option is what you actually have to spend.

Bulwark_
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bergman:
(by the way I do use game emblems as I am afraid that I cannot use the new patches from Ubisoft anymore). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that, can you elaborate? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Bergman
04-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Well I mentioned it because I do not want to give the wrong impression that I know the emblemmod myself. And I do not use it yet because I hear stories in other threads that SOME of the mods which are made by Silent Hunter fans can cause problems when you try to install official Ubisoft patches. If I am correct it can be that the official Ubisoft patch can not be installed anymore when you run the game with a unofficial modd. I do NOT say that is also the case with the emblemmod, but for myself I want first see the new patches from Ubisoft first (as they are coming up so fast) before I start to use the unofficial mods. About those emblems again, from my own experience with the the normal game I think that after 1 or 2 more succesfull missions the emblem's are unlocked and you can use them.

walsh2509
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks I did unlock them after my 5th patrol (92% realism).

Shan_Hackett
04-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Patches & Mods.

FYI: Installing any mod -whether someones elses, or your own work, invalidates the registry of the files "Modded". You will need to uninstall, and replace the modded files, with backup copies (You do backup anything you change?)before you can install the offical patches. Once thats done, you can impliment the mods you were using. Of course providing that the pathes are compatible with the particular mod one was using.

Bergman
04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your information Shawn. Normally I do not make backup's. Am a bit lazy with that. Guess I have to get used to make back up's then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

quillan
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the emblems won't interfere with patches. Neither will music you've stuck in the gramophone folder. In fact, none of the .tga files are really checked when a patch is applied. However, if you modify one of the .cfg files, the .mis files, .zon files or anything like that, the patch will cancel out. Someone had posted a while back that his custom conning tower emblems didn't interfere with the 1.2 patch. I'd recommend using the search function to look for it, but that's not exactly what you'd call functional on these forums right now.