PDA

View Full Version : Game will not close

Beeflejuice
02-17-2018, 04:41 AM
Hello, I need some help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and it's not fixing my major issue.

When i quit the game it still shows Running in Steam, on discord it still shows I'm in the game until I Force close steam, and force close Ubisoft to get it to all close. Even then the For Honor backround music is still playing, even when I uninstalled For Honor, the music was STILL PLAYING. I literally have to restart my computer to get it to stop. And I an't log into any other steam games until I restart my computer. Please help, thank you.

Sauronbaine
02-17-2018, 04:43 AM
Uh, for me, the game doesn't shut off completely. It runs in the background but its not on the taskbar. You have to go into the processes to kill it.

Tundra 793
02-17-2018, 04:49 AM
My god, it's happening...

https://pics.me.me/i-mnot-saying-itwas-skynet-but-skynet-history-com-memes-17657041.png

Vakris_One
02-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Hello, I need some help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and it's not fixing my major issue.

When i quit the game it still shows Running in Steam, on discord it still shows I'm in the game until I Force close steam, and force close Ubisoft to get it to all close. Even then the For Honor backround music is still playing, even when I uninstalled For Honor, the music was STILL PLAYING. I literally have to restart my computer to get it to stop. And I an't log into any other steam games until I restart my computer. Please help, thank you.
You need to open up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and scroll down to find "ForHonor.exe". Click on it and then click on End Process. That ends the program and stops Skynet from being born. John Connor thanks you for your vigilance :)

This bug has happened before during betas. I guess it finally migrated to the live game. Any chance of a quick fix Ubi guys?

Kolo....
02-17-2018, 09:18 PM
I've been getting it constantly, never closes it by itself and its utterly ridiculous.

ApiariusV
02-17-2018, 09:25 PM
After game update, this problem occurs every time you play and quit to desktop, game still runs in the background.
The only solution for now is what people above are writing, open task bar, find it and press end task.

Will be great to have a quick fix....(what I am saying this is Ubisoft ;))

TheMalakith
02-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Need to crash it everytime as well. They deff broke it.

UbiJurassic
02-17-2018, 10:35 PM
You need to open up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and scroll down to find "ForHonor.exe". Click on it and then click on End Process. That ends the program and stops Skynet from being born. John Connor thanks you for your vigilance :)

This bug has happened before during betas. I guess it finally migrated to the live game. Any chance of a quick fix Ubi guys?

We're aware of the bug and we have the team looking into the cause and a fix. If we get an update, we'll swing back in here and let everyone know. :)

In the meantime, the only workaround is what Vakris_One said. Open the Task manager, go to the "Processes" tab and use "End Process" to shutdown the game.