PDA

View Full Version : The Kensei rework makes me want to quit

HazelrahFirefly
02-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Catchy title, eh?

Really though, he feels so much like another Aramusha. I can't react to his feints at all. The window for his feints seems too huge, as in his attack is basically lashing out and then suddenly it comes from another direction.

Kensei was one of my worst enemies before and he's likely now second after the Aramusha.

I'm not actually quitting because I knoq it's only the second day. I also am still hopeful that the servers will make a true difference. There have been countless times now that I swear I blockes in the correct direction in time against the Ara only to still be struck. With decreased lag perhaps I will notice a difference and be a somewhat worthy opponent again...

I hope. I love this game, I don't want to give up.

HazelrahFirefly
02-16-2018, 07:51 PM
On, and yeah, I am acknowledging that most of the fault is on my skill level.

Though the Kensei's feint window should probably be tuned down.

The_B0G_
02-16-2018, 09:24 PM
I haven't met any good kensei's yet but I know Aramusha feints feel like 50/50s so I understand where you're coming from when you say too fast to react, it seems to be the way they are going with the game, light spam has increased dramatically since season 5 on consoles.

Sauronbaine
02-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Honestly, Highlander makes me wanna quit. You cant dodge the caber toss if you are OOS. You have to roll out.

The_B0G_
02-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Honestly, Highlander makes me wanna quit. You cant dodge the caber toss if you are OOS. You have to roll out.

That was the same before the patch though pretty much.

Sauronbaine
02-16-2018, 09:38 PM
That was the same before the patch though pretty much.

yea well now he hits even harder and its safer to go into OF.

Jazz117Volkov
02-16-2018, 09:42 PM
I haven't ran into a Kensie post rework who uses all the new tool, but I will say Conq. soft-feinting after the unblockable icon has appeared is a bit...trying too hard.

UbiInsulin
02-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Catchy title, eh?

I'm not actually quitting because I knoq it's only the second day..

That clickbait title though. :p

We're obviously keeping a close eye on the balance situation following the release of Age of Wolves. It's still early days, so please keep sending us your feedback. If anyone has any tips to counter Kensei post-update, feel free to chime in.

bob333e
02-16-2018, 11:32 PM
If anyone has any tips to counter Kensei post-update, feel free to chime in.

So far fought Ranja in Test Your Metal and a level 3 Kensei bot in Duel. Best thing I can tell from just 1 day of playing:

- Better use the new Kensei and get used to feint timings. It's the feint timings that are catching people off. Also, his dodge attack is now a heavy. Can't punish that with a heavy anymore upon parrying it.
- We now need increased reaction time to stay aware to whether he'll go for a feint or for a bash or for a straight attack. Dodging on reaction will work less now, because his followups hit right on the dodge recovery. This was the case pre-rework with his overhead spin unblockable feint into side heavy, but now he can pull that off with three different feints.

He's definitely a lot more delicious to both use and challenge, for me. The harder my opponent is through tricks and tactics, the better. The less my opponent has to resort to cheese or the same stuff over and over again, the better.

The_B0G_
02-16-2018, 11:41 PM
So far fought Ranja in Test Your Metal and a level 3 Kensei bot in Duel. Best thing I can tell from just 1 day of playing:

- Better use the new Kensei and get used to feint timings. It's the feint timings that are catching people off. Also, his dodge attack is now a heavy. Can't punish that with a heavy anymore upon parrying it.
- We now need increased reaction time to stay aware to whether he'll go for a feint or for a bash or for a straight attack. Dodging on reaction will work less now, because his followups hit right on the dodge recovery. This was the case pre-rework with his overhead spin unblockable feint into side heavy, but now he can pull that off with three different feints.

He's definitely a lot more delicious to both use and challenge, for me. The harder my opponent is through tricks and tactics, the better. The less my opponent has to resort to cheese or the same stuff over and over again, the better.

Stop being such a Drizzt Fady.

bob333e
02-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Stop being such a Drizzt Fady.

Simply the best. Parry it all, deflect it all, dodge it all, CC it all. Such is life.

http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/6/3/b/67694.jpg

https://wallpapertag.com/wallpaper/full/b/7/e/538758-beautiful-drizzt-do-urden-wallpaper-2560x1569.jpg

HazelrahFirefly
02-16-2018, 11:50 PM
I just realized that I forgot something that could be important. Ive only fought them so far with the Warden. I'm now interested to see how I can do with my PK and Valk, my two mains.

Hormly
02-17-2018, 12:01 AM
Simply the best. Parry it all, deflect it all, dodge it all, CC it all. Such is life.

http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/6/3/b/67694.jpg

https://wallpapertag.com/wallpaper/full/b/7/e/538758-beautiful-drizzt-do-urden-wallpaper-2560x1569.jpg

Team Bruenor

Waxfacts
02-17-2018, 12:20 AM
Kensei feels more on par with DLC characters now while conq and beserk haven't hit that mark

bob333e
02-17-2018, 12:21 AM
Team Bruenor

Hahaha wow you... you've read Drizzt books as well? I actually like you now.

The_B0G_
02-17-2018, 12:23 AM
Team Bruenor

"Ye durned elf! "

bob333e
02-17-2018, 12:29 AM
"Ye durned elf! "

https://media1.tenor.com/images/37816a73d0b9cf641e6d68b380782066/tenor.gif?itemid=5502750

Hormly
02-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Hahaha wow you... you've read Drizzt books as well? I actually like you now.

You didnt before 😡

It was awesome when you ran into drizzt and his crew in baldurs gate 2

The instant we get a beer mug emblem im putting it on my shield, as that was the emblem for clan battlehammer if my memory serves