PDA

View Full Version : ID'S OF PLAYERS IN SERVERS.

BILBO_P
10-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Alongside COJ (BIB) I also participate in Flight Simming (although not that much now I must admit since BIB came out) and use a thing called Hyperlobby. If you are looking to join a server containing some of your mates, it is possible to click on the "room" that they are playing in and quickly see the list of people. Furthermore by selecting their nick onto your "Friends List" they are automatically identified by Hyperlobby as being on line and if so where they are in order to join them.
I know that this is perhaps technically advanced at this stage, but do Techland envisage adjusting their currently planned dedicated server or for that matter the servers list that shows for COJ now, so as we can see who is playing in what game. If not yet thought about, could I put it up for possible consideration for the future.
I know that their is the "Friends Messages" already within COJ with a join game facility, but you never know when someone has come on line as it works in Hyperlobby.
It saves bouncing in and out of the servers, and avoids missing each other in a server you may just have visited. Furthermore the flood of messages back and too within the game must have some effect on Frame Rate for those receiving a message whilst they are in a game.

BILBO_P
10-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Alongside COJ (BIB) I also participate in Flight Simming (although not that much now I must admit since BIB came out) and use a thing called Hyperlobby. If you are looking to join a server containing some of your mates, it is possible to click on the "room" that they are playing in and quickly see the list of people. Furthermore by selecting their nick onto your "Friends List" they are automatically identified by Hyperlobby as being on line and if so where they are in order to join them.
I know that this is perhaps technically advanced at this stage, but do Techland envisage adjusting their currently planned dedicated server or for that matter the servers list that shows for COJ now, so as we can see who is playing in what game. If not yet thought about, could I put it up for possible consideration for the future.
I know that their is the "Friends Messages" already within COJ with a join game facility, but you never know when someone has come on line as it works in Hyperlobby.
It saves bouncing in and out of the servers, and avoids missing each other in a server you may just have visited. Furthermore the flood of messages back and too within the game must have some effect on Frame Rate for those receiving a message whilst they are in a game.

seir
10-30-2009, 06:43 AM
I think you wrote this post on Modding Forum by mistake. It's not related to ChromED...

BILBO_P
10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Sorry,
Thought as it was a mod to the game overall and could be possibly considered as a part of the online server that you are currently working on, thought it might still be applicable here.
No Worries, close thuis thread if yoou like and I will move it over to the main COJ forum.
Cheers

seir
10-30-2009, 08:45 AM
That might be interesting discussion so we'll move it to COJ:BiB Official Forums.

BILBO_P
10-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Already opened it in a new discussion there Seir, but thanks anyway