PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft you know what You did to Centurion with the parry changes?

Salturion.
02-15-2018, 04:06 PM
I heard yesterday that Centurion wont have a charged heavy after a Light parry with the knew parry changes so a Light parry is as rewarding for Cent as a heavy parry (I dont think that This is logic) and even this is not enough against a good Player as Cent u Have: GB soft feints, long Range Combo ( almost every class has them ( made to bate the enemy into sth)) , Kicks, parrys. So against a good Player Ur soft feints dont Work, Ur long Range Combos dont Work then u Have Ur kick (countered by attacks while dodging But a God Tool to bait) and parrys and then u say He was made to open a turtle. He joined them and didnt counter them. And the Highlights is that u change the last good Thing that Cent could Do, his strong Light parry punish. Yeah I know There is still the knee parry Option to wallsplat But is There everywhere a wall and are u everytime positioned perfectly to the wallsplat when as an example an asassin does a Light?! No I dont think so. So Pls rework him or give him his Light parry punish back.

And I dont want to talk about how hard it is to parry the lights of Assasins every f***ing time they try to do one. So I hope sb reads this But I think nothing will change though.

Kamen42
02-15-2018, 04:12 PM
One thing for you:

Centurion has 600 ms heavies. I.e. He gets a guaranteed heavy attack after heavy parry. Heavy parries are supposed to get guaranteed light. Still feeling weak?

Arekonator
02-15-2018, 04:27 PM
You can still get a full charged heavy via parry counter if there is wall behind the enemy. Situational, but most characters dont even have that.

Specialkha
02-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Moar salt plz for my popcorn.

Kamen42
02-15-2018, 04:53 PM
I just noticed your name - Salturion. That explains this post.

Kahuf1
02-15-2018, 05:00 PM
BTW cent still have one of the best stamina damage, so maybe someone can use this, not only wallsplat combo... hmm?

Salturion.
02-15-2018, 05:18 PM
One thing for you:

Centurion has 600 ms heavies. I.e. He gets a guaranteed heavy attack after heavy parry. Heavy parries are supposed to get guaranteed light. Still feeling weak?

I compared The Light parry with the heavy parry so There will be no difference and I think a Light parry is harder to get then a heavy and its about the charged heavy which is atm safe after Light parry. And yes Cent has 3 HP less then shinobi But has probably the one of the best armors ingame But ok Cent is still cancer of course...

Salturion.
02-15-2018, 05:20 PM
BTW cent still have one of the best stamina damage, so maybe someone can use this, not only wallsplat combo... hmm?

Sorry no They Nerfed it that hard that I need more stamina to Do the kick than I drain and the jabs arent safe at any point just if the charged heavy Hits (pretty rare cause nobody falls for it)

Salturion.
02-15-2018, 05:22 PM
You can still get a full charged heavy via parry counter if there is wall behind the enemy. Situational, but most characters dont even have that.

Hm But other caharcters have usefull and strong moves except some characters which need also a rework ;)

Veerdin-Wraith
02-15-2018, 05:25 PM
The problem with Cent's charged heavy is that it can chain into an absolutely crazy combo. On lighter classes, a Cent can parry one attack, then reduce them down to almost no HP and out of stamina. Especially if they can land a wallsplat at the same time. Giving the charged heavy as a reward for a simple heavy parry is way too much of a reward. Landing a charged heavy shouldn't be easy, it should be a high risk, high reward action. Not something you can get for one parry.

Salturion.
02-15-2018, 05:27 PM

And as I said is There everything a wall when I parry a heavy or against an Assasins, is There's everytime a wall when I parry her lights? Dont think so...

Tundra 793
02-15-2018, 05:27 PM
I heard yesterday that Centurion wont have a charged heavy after a Light parry with the knew parry changes so a Light parry is as rewarding for Cent as a heavy parry

Whenever you hear something, in the future I heartily recommend you do yourself do diligence, and research it for yourself.

Here's today's patch notes in their entirety; https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

The point of the Parry changes was specifically to change the rewards gained for overly defensive gameplay, and we've known this for weeks now. If you feel like whichever hero you're playing can't do as much from either a heavy, or a light parry; Congratulations, the parry changes are working as intended.

Salturion.
02-16-2018, 12:02 AM
The problem with Cent's charged heavy is that it can chain into an absolutely crazy combo. On lighter classes, a Cent can parry one attack, then reduce them down to almost no HP and out of stamina. Especially if they can land a wallsplat at the same time. Giving the charged heavy as a reward for a simple heavy parry is way too much of a reward. Landing a charged heavy shouldn't be easy, it should be a high risk, high reward action. Not something you can get for one parry.

I think u missunderstod Me I want him to gef his free charged heavy after Light parry not after heavy parry cause many class still have There Light punish and Centurion now has Big Problems especially in Duel cause They can Focus on u and u Have to parry to Deal Dmg But with just a heavy after a Light parry its pretty hard... And He can even get just a Light after heavy parry Ich I just want him to Deal Dmg cause without This as I said its hard against good and experiencedplayers

Salturion.
02-16-2018, 12:05 AM
Whenever you hear something, in the future I heartily recommend you do yourself do diligence, and research it for yourself.

Here's today's patch notes in their entirety; https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

The point of the Parry changes was specifically to change the rewards gained for overly defensive gameplay, and we've known this for weeks now. If you feel like whichever hero you're playing can't do as much from either a heavy, or a light parry; Congratulations, the parry changes are working as intended.

And making him useless congrats to You, Sir. so if u would have/ have played against good and experienced Players u ll notice that They counter him pretty easily and its hard dealing any Dmg without parrys as Cent so eiter He needs a rework or until He gets one He is useless.

Arekonator
02-16-2018, 12:11 AM
And as I said is There everything a wall when I parry a heavy or against an Assasins, is There's everytime a wall when I parry her lights? Dont think so...

Other characters get light worth of damage from heavy parry on average. You get quite stronger reward from heavy parry and as trade off your light parries are kind of mediocre. Seem decent to me.

WHEREISDAUBENY
02-17-2018, 12:34 AM
Cent gets heavy on heavy parry more than any other character

Mtcmnkk
02-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Moar salt plz for my popcorn.

Lol this. Boo hoo I have to play the game like every other characters

Sauronbaine
02-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Bro. Centurion has always been an XP pinata for good players. The kit is so limited you know whats coming.

Salturion.
02-17-2018, 02:06 AM
Cent gets heavy on heavy parry more than any other character

Ehm no I think every characters with double lights gets the same and even if some classes just get a Light They still go into their mixups which are Better than the ones Cent has if hat want to Call them "mixups" and if he doesnt parry He has almost no damage... But if u still think He is strong ok But in my opinion You are wrong idc

Salturion.
02-17-2018, 02:08 AM
Bro. Centurion has always been an XP pinata for good players. The kit is so limited you know whats coming.

A Nerf that He is like the old bots?

Knight_Raime
02-17-2018, 02:46 AM
One thing for you:

aramusha also gets a heavy on a heavy parry. Think zerk might get a side heavy on one as well.
And those are at 25? damage which is equal to orochi light.

Centurions heavies have never been strong on their own damage wise. it's always been them being safe.
centurion absolutely got much worse with the parry changes.

But due to his fast/safe heavies and the mix up still being some what reliable he's not dead in c tier.

Salturion.
02-18-2018, 11:56 AM
aramusha also gets a heavy on a heavy parry. Think zerk might get a side heavy on one as well.
And those are at 25? damage which is equal to orochi light.

Centurions heavies have never been strong on their own damage wise. it's always been them being safe.
centurion absolutely got much worse with the parry changes.

But due to his fast/safe heavies and the mix up still being some what reliable he's not dead in c tier.

You are right with what u said But as I said He got pretty strong nerfs through This and if the others get reworked like Kensei and zerk He will be C Tier so ubi kinda has to solve This Problem with a rework cause I dont want the old Cent I want a Cent with balanced But good aggressive mixups!

Veerdin-Wraith
02-18-2018, 12:24 PM
I'd argue that a charged heavy after even a light parry is still too powerful for Centurion. The problem is, again, the combo he gets from it. The charged heavy by itself would be fine if it that was all you got from it, that'd be a fair punish. But the full wombo-combo? That's too much. A light parry can be hard to land sometimes, yes. But not so hard as to deserve cutting somebody's HP in half. If you couldn't gaurentee the charged heavy follow-up combo, then it'd be fine. But as the combo is now? It's too much reward for a light parry.

Again, I agree that Centurion needs to be looked at and rebalanced. Without the wombo-combo, he's very underpowered now. But the solution to that isn't to give him the same power he had before, because then he'd be right back to being an annoying, frustrating to fight against one-trick-pony. He needs an expanded kit, more mix-ups, more versatility, yes. And he can keep the combo if he lands the charged heavy, that's fine. But letting him get the charged heavy + wombo-combo after something as paltry as a parry? Just... No. Sorry, that's way, way too powerful. Landing that combo should be the result of careful timing and skillful play, feinting your opponent out and judging distance well, not a reward for turtling up until you can parry a light attack.

If you want a good comparison, look at Shinobi's "Sickle Rain" combo. Very powerful, yes. And there's multiple ways to start it, but it's not easy. Even if everything goes perfectly, your opponent can always counter the initial grab/heavy opener if they're fast enough. And that's important: If the Shinobi could just do one attack to gaurentee the combo, that'd be absurd! But right now, nobody complains about it because, while it's powerful, it's fair. If you get snagged by the opening move of the Sickle Rain combo, it's because you didn't react fast enough. With Centurion pre-patch? You couldn't react. If you got parried, that was it. Have fun getting your stamina destroyed and your HP reduced to half, or less.

The combo is fair as long as the opponent has a chance to defend against it. Otherwise? It's far too overpowered.

LeonSKennedy93
07-01-2019, 05:52 PM
and yes he can does heavies after a parry but remember he has the weakest heavies in damage and he has slowest lights and stupid kick and punches which work against noobs if u get crushed against centurion there are two reasons first u are trash the second is the guy is awesome in parries which makes u a god with any hero u got no matter which hero if u are a god in parries u are a winner ...poor centurion

LeonSKennedy93
07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
they hate centurion they most be berserker or PK light spamers

Halvtand
07-01-2019, 06:44 PM
https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

shogun_guardian
07-01-2019, 09:59 PM
new parry system is broken

AlphawolfyUP
07-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Complaining about the lack of parry punish on one of the slim few classes that get a heavy from a heavy parry is a little hard to take seriously. I'm well aware that cent needs a rework but his parry punish aint it.

Vakris_One
07-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Apparently checking the thread date on an obviously obsolete topic is really hard.

littlefluffyegg
07-02-2019, 02:08 AM
https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

Hahah i didn't know you could directly link images on here.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-02-2019, 06:15 AM
Yeah... The devs love pk so much... Centurion is still a better pick, even if still terrible and boring to play as.

Vakris_One
07-02-2019, 08:39 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/34r3vq.jpg

Vakris_One
07-02-2019, 08:45 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/282/171/9a7.gif