PDA

View Full Version : The sounds, the sounds...

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Are incredible (when they work)!!

Man, I flew a fw190 and suddenly a big aaa flak went BAM outside my window.

It was one of them big aaas, with a big puff of smoke.

The sound was soo good it actually caught me off guard and I nearly fell off my chair.

That explosion was soo cool!!!! I have not had that happen too me (falling off my chair) since Half-life.

I can't say I have had any sound issues yet, but have not been playing that long (and God knows I had my share of sound troubles in 1.0).

But I looove those flak sounds now...they are just plain scary!!!

:FI:HalfAsleep

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Are incredible (when they work)!!

Man, I flew a fw190 and suddenly a big aaa flak went BAM outside my window.

It was one of them big aaas, with a big puff of smoke.

The sound was soo good it actually caught me off guard and I nearly fell off my chair.

That explosion was soo cool!!!! I have not had that happen too me (falling off my chair) since Half-life.

I can't say I have had any sound issues yet, but have not been playing that long (and God knows I had my share of sound troubles in 1.0).

But I looove those flak sounds now...they are just plain scary!!!

:FI:HalfAsleep

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:18 AM
I am glad you brought that up. And let me just say for the rash of patch whiners out there that there is a sounds control in FB. You will have to adjust some stuff now that the patch is here.
Dont feel bad HA! I nearly fainted. I was concentrating on finding my enemy when BOOOOM!!! I nearly pushed the headsets off till I realized what the heck had just happened. My server however has too many tanks now and they will have to go cos the sound is too much.

Maico
The AntiWhiner

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:28 AM
HalfAsleep wrote:
- Are incredible (when they work)!!
-
- Man, I flew a fw190 and suddenly a big aaa flak went
- BAM outside my window.
-
- It was one of them big aaas, with a big puff of
- smoke.
-
- The sound was soo good it actually caught me off
- guard and I nearly fell off my chair.
-
- That explosion was soo cool!!!! I have not had that
- happen too me (falling off my chair) since
- Half-life.
-
- I can't say I have had any sound issues yet, but
- have not been playing that long (and God knows I had
- my share of sound troubles in 1.0).
-
- But I looove those flak sounds now...they are just
- plain scary!!!
-
- :FI:HalfAsleep
-
-

Lol..same happened to me - nearly had to chance underwear!!
The patch is great so far ....have not looked it over closely yet but discovered some nice featchures allready.
As the coordinates on the flight map - very nice.
Scoreboard with each ones choice of planes on it.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:33 AM
I was having a sound problem

The sound was fine altho Im still not using
Audio inhancments/hardware acceleration

The all of the suden the sound went DOWN by like 50% or so........

Im thinking o great here we go again (had many troubles in v1.0 & il2 I have soundblaster Live Platnum was a 200 dollar card when I bought it years ago)

So here is what I did First I Pressed Shift+F2 & cycled through all the friendly ac then I went back to My ac & now the sound was normal again.... SO....... THEN.........

I pressed ESC... went too sound options in the game & turned the master volume to maximum then adjusted the Loudness USING the Objects Volume control.....

I think this has Iliminated the Problem....

I havent had that glich again yet only more time will tell..

Message Edited on 08/13/0307:40AM by AFJ_Murdoc

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I was flying earlier in a P40 at about 370K when i passed a FW190 opposite direction at about as close as 2 can pass without a midair.....and that sound 'felt' like a shockwave had just passed inbetween us, it was wicked cool.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0adci/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sopranos.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Shameless bump.