PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Guys

LionHeart XXII
02-14-2018, 07:31 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/14/for-honors-player-base-grows-to-75-million-1-million-active-users-per-month

IGN just posted a story about how The For Honor community is growing and maintaining a decent player base. I know a lot of us who have played the whole time sometimes feel as if there is hardly anyone left but I hope the excitement of Season 5 will help.

I know these conference calls and stuff arn't always super trust worthy, but still. This is exciting news for For Honor regardless.

Congratulations to the For Honor team and I wanted to let you guys know how appreciated at least I am, of all your continued hard work!

CandleInTheDark
02-14-2018, 07:39 PM
IGN needs to be slightly more careful about its wording, the way they have put it pretty heavily implies that dedicated servers are rolling out tomorrow. You have to click a link and get through that story at the bottom of the page to see there is no set date. Since then we know PC comes on the 19th and console when they know that is running fine but that isn't 15th february.

bob333e
02-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Even dummy Warden is happy about this, despite his hard life as execution dummy ever since the game's betas!

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/forhonor_gamepedia/3/3f/Victory%21.gif

I, too, very much appreciate all the work Ubisoft has been doing for this game. There are still glaring issues and problems, and even though they're getting taken care of one by one, I can't help but feel that some fundamental and systematic clockworks in this game will never change, even though they do not belong in For Honor at all.

Despite the faint glimmer of hope, here's wishing that For Honor regains its launch day glory! I absolutely love this game.

Edit: also yes. Servers are Feb.19th and just for PC, they need to word that more carefully.

UbiJurassic
02-14-2018, 08:00 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/WrjKtBlwSShSU/giphy.gif

Thanks for the love guys. A lot has happened in the year since launch and we appreciate every player who has taken the time to engage with us and share their feedback so that we can help grow and improve the For Honor experience. We have a lot of fun and cool things planned for the future in For Honor and we are even more excited to share it with you all. Thanks for playing and see you on the battlefields. ;)

bob333e
02-14-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the love guys. A lot has happened in the year since launch and we appreciate every player who has taken the time to engage with us and share their feedback so that we can help grow and improve the For Honor experience. We have a lot of fun and cool things planned for the future in For Honor and we are even more excited to share it with you all. Thanks for playing and see you on the battlefields. ;)

More importantly, thank YOU, Ubisoft representatives, for listening to us all, and establishing bridges between the playerbase and the dev team.

We all owe you guys. Thanks again.

CandleInTheDark
02-14-2018, 08:12 PM
More importantly, thank YOU, Ubisoft representatives, for listening to us all, and establishing bridges between the playerbase and the dev team.

Very much seconded, the reps have always been a valuable link between us and the devs in my view. And because my first post was more a downer on IGN, congratulations for year 1 and here is hoping for a good year 2.

bob333e
02-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Very much seconded, the reps have always been a valuable link between us and the devs in my view. And because my first post was more a downer on IGN, congratulations for year 1 and here is hoping for a good year 2.

Indeed, they do listen to community feedback a lot more than other companies do, if we are to compare on equal grounds. On top of that, they themselves are amazing people. They can joke and have fun with the rest of us just as well. I'm just thankful we have representatives such as UbiJurassic and UbiInsulin. I wasn't here when UbiNoty was active, sadly.

Archeun
02-14-2018, 08:50 PM
I read the IGN article. That's wonderful. Maybe Console is pushing a huge amount of players. On Steam the game has around 2-2.5k active users at one time on PC? I don't buy that for 1 second. I see the same people day in and day out in games. I know of 4 people personally that quit the game and have not returned. Most left because of the massive imbalances in character balance especially with the DLC ones.

Season 5 I'm hoping is successful and fixes many of the glaring problems including the stability issues in games. We'll see. I'd love to see the data behind the claim though.

Okita_Soji..
02-15-2018, 01:21 AM
There is a small trailer for season 5 that keeps popping up on YouTube before I watch videos and it the same misleading info. It flashes dedicated servers, reworks, arena mode, etc...at the end it says beginning February 15th. So it does seem like they are all coming then but it is not the case. I know it says beginning but people wont read into it knowing there is a timeline and expect it all on the 15th.

I personally can't wait for the arena mode and the trailer does get you excited for the game...

WoodDaGawd
02-15-2018, 08:05 PM
I read the IGN article. That's wonderful. Maybe Console is pushing a huge amount of players. On Steam the game has around 2-2.5k active users at one time on PC? I don't buy that for 1 second. I see the same people day in and day out in games. I know of 4 people personally that quit the game and have not returned. Most left because of the massive imbalances in character balance especially with the DLC ones.

Season 5 I'm hoping is successful and fixes many of the glaring problems including the stability issues in games. We'll see. I'd love to see the data behind the claim though.

4 whole people!?!? What's UBI gonna do now???

The_B0G_
02-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Good job Ubi, this is the only fighter game I ever played besides getting drunk and playing Mortal Kombat at my buddies place, never liked the genre, but I love this game. Never played any game for this long without getting bored of it ever.

The forum mods and devs are way better than any other forums I've been on, tons of communication and feedback.

Good job guys.