PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ: Crazy lag revelation!

DaLast_Samurai
02-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Okay, I am no longer upset about the Orochi balance changes coming, here's why.
(I only play Orochi, FYI)

All this time I've been playing with a Nacon Revolution Pro Controller.
It is a wired controller.
But I used a USB extension cord run under a large throw rug to the sofa.
I figured, it's still wired, I'm all good.

Couldn't be more wrong.
All this time I thought my recovery time after being stuttered with a hit was a P2P connection issue, or an Orochi issue, or combination of both.

Well, I just had new viynl flooring put in, and got rid of the throw rug.
So now the controller cord reaches the sofa without a USB extension cord, being it no longer has to run down, under, and up.

The results shocked me.
I'm recovering from hits and able to counter immediately, now.
So, Aramusha no longer aggravates the hell out of me.
Oh my God the relief with that.

My Orochi moveset counter moves are put into motion the instant I command them to.

Deflects are no longer luck!
They are part of my arsenal now.

All this time I've been handi-capped in so mant ways.
All because of an extension cord.
It boggles my mind.

My first two games without it I went 14-0 and 9-1 against equally skill matched players.
They had an Aramusha both times, and I wiped the floor with him, with Orochi.

Reason I'm sharing this guys, is imagine how handi-capped 98% of the player base is using wireless stock controllers.

Just got done with these first two games I talked about, and thought I would come share.

And I know it's the sole issue.
Not just some happenstance based on something else like region, server traffic, exc.

I've been playing this game a ton since June.
All with that extension cord.
And the minute I took it off, I had reaction time that I've never had before.

Food for thought.
Unreal.

Alustar.
02-14-2018, 08:23 AM
Yeah, is for that reason that I minimize cord distance. My PlayStation sits right by the modem with less than a two foot cat9 and the modem is wired right where it comes from the wall.

I wish now this had come up back with the other threads three I remember discussing things like connections. On the plus side, I'm glad you've got things put to rights,

I'd ask, did you get that online, or in a store to feel test a fee first?

Kamen42
02-14-2018, 08:37 AM
Similar thing happened to me yesterday, when I bought a new screen.

I am terrible at defense, I admit. I always struggled against aggressive enemies because I just couldn't react in time to most attacks, I was just slow. And I mean not-being-able-to-block-Highlander-light slow.

I always felt like the screen is kind of tearing and I thought my graphics card is just not fast enough. But even if I lowered the resolution and details, this didn't get any better.

Well, I plan to upgrade my system and yesterday I bought the first piece - 144 Hz screen. I was completely taken aback how much of a difference it does. The image was smooth and clear, no tearing and my reactions were several levels better.

There used to be attacks I was never able to block. Now I could parry them, counter them with valkyrie dodge-block on purpose (before it was occasional luck). Aramusha used to scare me. Never able to block his infinite, I could only wait for him to run oos. Now I can parry his mid-combo lights.

You just need a good equipment :)

DaLast_Samurai
02-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Yeah, is for that reason that I minimize cord distance. My PlayStation sits right by the modem with less than a two foot cat9 and the modem is wired right where it comes from the wall.

I wish now this had come up back with the other threads three I remember discussing things like connections. On the plus side, I'm glad you've got things put to rights,

I'd ask, did you get that online, or in a store to feel test a fee first?

Yeah, I always go wired with everything as well.
Have almost 190 megs downstream, 20 to 30 megs upstream, ethernet wired from the modem to the PS4.

I just couldn't believe a USB extension cord was the source of so many issues in this game for me.
But it was.
I feel so relieved to have finally discovered it.

In regards to your question about my Nacon Revolution Pro Controller.
It is the most expensive controller I've ever purchased, and a bit of a risk being I did by it online.

Because it did look extremely high quality, and it didn't dissapoint.
By far the best gaming controller I've ever touched.

Extremely comfortable, except for the smaller left concave stick, which I bought some of those little grips to fix, which solves that issue.

You use a software program on PC only though, to take advantage of it's features.
I mean you have to program the features with Nacon's PC software, in which you can load up to four different profiles to save to the controller for use on PS4.

Can adjust the dead zones of the back triggers and right stick, as well as the stick sensitivity.

Can remap buttons in any way possible, even ways the PS4 settings won't.

It has four very comfortably placed extra buttons inside and behind the handles that you can even program macros for.
(Can't program analog stick direction though)
They are pressed effortlessly with the index finger.

I just tap inside the right handle for my one button zone attack. (Sweet macro)
Tap inside the left handle to switch my locked target to another opponent.
Which is so much easier to multi-task when battling multiple opponnents than punching the stick.

Then the other two right above them and more, like on the back of the controller.

I like hitting the back right to sprint, instead of having to punch the L-Stick.

And the back left I have a feint macro programmed.
Meaning it presses heavy attack and cancel for me, so I just input the direction of the feint I want with that button.

I like my player lock in the game settings set to tap rather than hold, and have my quick chat and lock buttons switched on the top left.

It even comes with weights that are screwed in the bottom.
Three different size weights, to give the controller whatever weight you prefer.
I like the heaviest.

The analog sticks are metal, as opposed to plastic, and hold up extremely well over time.

Tundra 793
02-14-2018, 10:02 AM
I think y'all are missing the big picture here guys; What color did you go with for the vinyl?

DaLast_Samurai
02-14-2018, 10:17 AM
I think y'all are missing the big picture here guys; What color did you go with for the vinyl?

Hahaha.
I had Empire out yesterday and picked a dark tan mixing with black sample.
The tan to match all my doors, cabinets, and trimming.
They came out today, set me up, I cut the extension cord, and to my shocking suprise became Super Orochi.

DaLast_Samurai
02-14-2018, 10:35 AM
The crazy fun continues.
It's like a brand new game for me.

Vakris_One
02-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Wired controllers be like:

https://youtu.be/99Op1TaXmCw

:D

DaLast_Samurai
02-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Lmao dude, that pretty much sums up my mood since I got a new floor and took the lag cord off.
Feel like I'm flying on this game.
Still having monster peformances all morning.