PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Forgotten Battles

Bowser2_456
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I have IL2 in the Ultimate collection,, but not much in way of hooking up for online play..
I would like to know what software I need to get set up to play the most complete set of IL2
I know there is IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack
but I have seen referance to Forgotten Battles Complete Edition.. Are these the same software or different.. If different which should I get and where best to get it..
Thanks,, Ron (Bowser2_456)

Bowser2_456
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I have IL2 in the Ultimate collection,, but not much in way of hooking up for online play..
I would like to know what software I need to get set up to play the most complete set of IL2
I know there is IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack
but I have seen referance to Forgotten Battles Complete Edition.. Are these the same software or different.. If different which should I get and where best to get it..
Thanks,, Ron (Bowser2_456)

steve_v
09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
This will take you to 4.04m in one mouse click. http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/ilcoeddvd.html

The entire series of IL-2 releases explained here. http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm

rfap
09-07-2006, 07:51 PM
IL2 Ultimate Edition gives you plain IL2 which is based on the Eastern Front and if i'm not mistaken LockOn as well. This gives you the original game/simulation which Forgotten Battles improved upon. They are both alike and yet separate games/simulation.
IL2 Complete DVD gives you IL2 Forgotten Battles, Aces Over Europe and Pacific Fighters combined (IL2FB_PF). This will be patched to version 4.04 which is reasonably common online. To get to ver 4.05 you also need to purchase the PE2 expansion pack which you can get on UbiSoft and you can then join the wait for Sturmoviks over Manchuria (ver 4.06) and the 46 addon (4.07)
The Gold pack is IL2 FB + Aces over Europe which would then allow you to install Pacific Fighters to combine the European theatre of operations with the Pacific theatre of operations to create IL2FB_PF.
Sum up
IL2 Sturmovik (Original)
IL2 Forgotten Battles (ver 1x)
Aces over Europe Addon (ver 2x)
Pacific Fighters Standalone or addon (3x), (4x)
PE2 (addon) 4.05

Hope that clears it up a little. It is slightly confusing due to the amount of different collections and editions that are available.

Xiolablu3
09-07-2006, 08:11 PM
You dont actually need the original Il2 to play on line. This series starts with Forgoteen Battles.

Get the Complete edition, then buy the Pe2 adon. You should get the lot for $40/30.

Bowser2_456
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the great information.. I will order the DVD software.. You guys have been very helpful.. I see why it gets so confusing with all the options for IL2..
Hope to see you in the skies so I can be target practice for awhile..
Ron