PDA

View Full Version : Nerf the shaman

Titanodragon
02-13-2018, 05:55 AM
Please for the love of God. This character doesn't need everything in the game.

Throw distance, damage, regain health, good feats, combos, soft feints, tracking af zone attack.

Like why Ubisoft why

Mini1900
02-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Dat god damn shaman,
Throw distance and god damn wild cat,s rage should not be in all direction and if it should then not so fast . But this is the 1000th Thread. I dont know why ubi doesnt care . :(

BTTrinity
02-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Dat god damn shaman,
Throw distance and god damn wild cat,s rage should not be in all direction and if it should then not so fast . But this is the 1000th Thread. I dont know why ubi doesnt care . :(

Cuz its Romans favorite, and not a samurai character.

If it was a samurai character, best believe those nerfs would come nearly instantly.. Were probably gonna be waiting another season for her to get an effective nerf that actually gives her some sort of drawback (Poor range hardly qualifies as that)

Titanodragon
02-13-2018, 01:49 PM
I can't wait for all the returning players to meet her. Not like people have quit the game due to balancing taking forever

BTTrinity
02-13-2018, 01:54 PM
I can't wait for all the returning players to meet her. Not like people have quit the game due to balancing taking forever

Well, they're hoping that the reworks are gonna take peoples eyes off her. Sadly, I dont see that happening.

Titanodragon
02-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Well when you can do everything she does it's hard to keep your eyes off her.

David_gorda
02-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Health should be lower and Wildcats rage shouldnt be able to hit in all direction that fast without a drawback. Throw distance needs nerf to.

HazelrahFirefly
02-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Difficulty is subjective.

Every since her first nerf I have found her completely fair. I'm not doing a 'git gud,' message here - I hate that ****.

My point is that I find the Aramushe to be a god. They are untouchable unless I go hardcore cheese and turtle with my best heroes. I still can't believe they buffed a god to GOD status.

Roseguard_Cpt
02-13-2018, 06:19 PM
The only change I'd like to see to Shaman is her not getting a guaranteed bite off a gb and throw. I've fought a few shaman's who go super aggressive to get me bleeding, than just turtle for a parry so they can get easy damage, health, and stamina. She'd need compensation for that change however, but I'd appreciate it for awhile.

HazelrahFirefly
02-13-2018, 08:36 PM
The only change I'd like to see to Shaman is her not getting a guaranteed bite off a gb and throw. I've fought a few shaman's who go super aggressive to get me bleeding, than just turtle for a parry so they can get easy damage, health, and stamina. She'd need compensation for that change however, but I'd appreciate it for awhile.

That's already taken care of. No more guaranteed gb off of a parry starting this Thursday. Turtling up to get that parry won't mean they get a bottle any longer.

UbiJurassic
02-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Shaman has received nerfs for the past three patches (1.15.1, 1.17, 1.18) and will receive another minor adjustment with the 1.19 patch on the knockback of Predator’s Hunger. We will continue to listen to community feedback and make appropriate adjustments to her, where necessary, going forward.

While that's a popular meme in the community, keep in mind that the balance is taken care of by our fight team, no the creative director. Faction loyalty or favorites takes no part in our decisions. :)

Kryltic
02-13-2018, 08:57 PM
While that's a popular meme in the community, keep in mind that the balance is taken care of by our fight team, no the creative director. Faction loyalty or favorites takes no part in our decisions. :)

This may be true but it doesn't totally feel like it. People have said what they would like to see and it feels like, in some cases, you have tweaked the things that make the smallest difference overall. I feel the 3 main points are;

We want to see her lose her ability to push people around and charge them off ledges so easily. This is not a trait typical of assassins. Remove her ability to do both without some kind of reaction for her opponent.

Her stupidly long jump distance and the ability to attack from any direction is also silly. Reduce the range and I would say its okay.

Predators Hunger is just an over powered Demons Embrace. It has no health penalty for a miss and is far quicker to land on a target. Plus you get a second chance upon a miss. There's so much wrong with this you could change it in so many different ways.

Devils-_-legacy
02-13-2018, 09:40 PM
The bite should get a nurf 50 damage guaranteed after a throw is a bit excessive

Cyriccube
02-13-2018, 09:51 PM
\This may be true but it doesn't totally feel like it. People have said what they would like to see and it feels like, in some cases, you have tweaked the things that make the smallest difference overall. I feel the 3 main points are;

We want to see her lose her ability to push people around and charge them off ledges so easily. This is not a trait typical of assassins. Remove her ability to do both without some kind of reaction for her opponent.

Her stupidly long jump distance and the ability to attack from any direction is also silly. Reduce the range and I would say its okay.

Predators Hunger is just an over powered Demons Embrace. It has no health penalty for a miss and is far quicker to land on a target. Plus you get a second chance upon a miss. There's so much wrong with this you could change it in so many different ways.

Another thing is that her unblock-able makes no sense. It has easy feint capabilities and...its on a 1 handed weapon in a very un-reasonable fashion. In fact, when you look at the other unblockable ATTACKS(Not shoves or kicks) hers is an oddball with very little mechanical sense. Lets compare shall we?
Raiders Zone(Also the most used one since its a key part of his kit atm): Full body swing of a big battle axe and the only on this list with a soft-feint for decent stam drain.
Shugoki Charged Heavies: Also a full body swing and super punishing if parried(Full stam drain). Also very telegraphed and somewhat short range
Lawbringer Top Parry/Light start combo: Again, full-body swings with a large heavy weapon
Kensei Top Combo finisher: Jumping full body swing with hard feint capability. Sorta weird in how its physically executed but still makes sense in the long run.
(Now we've hit dlc characters)
Conqeror Wallbangs/Top charge: Again, full body motions AND two handing the gladius with no feint capability(Although arguably one of the most punishing unblockables if it hits)
Gladiators Impale: Somewhat full body but again, Two handing the trident and alone, does little damage unless it gets the full bleed duration, rarely gets execute but has play options.
Highlanders Offensive stance: Full body swings with a BFS. Seriously...someone try to argue the legitamacy of his unblockables.
Amashura's...back and forth dance..thing?: Arguably the 2nd most broken unblockable as it has great feint cabilities in comparision but physically and mechanicly is fluid and alright.

Now we look at Shaman...she holds her arm out for 3 or so seconds and snaps it in...1 handed hatched, and not really a full body swing. Easy feints and good tracking. She really doesn't deserve that finisher to be an unblockable for so much damage when the only other assassin who gets one doesn't deal equal damage on raw hit (Also note that her unblockable can hit enemies to the shamans left as well...) Seriously shouldn't have this.

My 2ND point: Her god...damn...dash attacks. They are all heavy attacks that hit at the same speed as beserkers dash attacks, which are light and punishable if BLOCKED. Shamans dashes however are less telegraphed, heavies(Meaning it counts for executes...) and her forward dash attack can come from any direction...beating out every other forward dash attack that only hits TOP and is inhumanly fast HEAVY attack that chains into the previously discussed UNBLOCKABLE. Unless you have superior block (Conq and Warden) you will not be able to punish her on block and with the upcoming parry changes if you can somehow parry it you will only get a light attack as your reward(Meaning likely low damage light attackers will get very little out of one of the few ways to punish her moves).

3rd Point: Lunging attack. This move is very remeniscint on demons embrace in that you deal great damage and heal some back. The only kicker is that it requires bleed on opponent...by the way in case anyone hasn't noticed this means bleed from ANY SOURCE. So a shaman and nobushi teaming up on you? Expect to obtain bite marks from this vampire wannabe. But the main problem with it isn't the damage...that makes sense for the move being how it is. The problem is the super fast execution of the lunge, and that you can immediately attempt another one if you miss, the range, and low punish potential. I feel the start-up should be slower and stamina loss should be significant if a miss does occur, I mean your flinging your entire body at high speed at someone to miss and tumble on the ground roughly...sorry but that should be super stamina draining or at least leave the shaman open for a heavy attack minimum. I'm not saying make it a unusable move, just a fair move. Demons embrace is much more telegraphed, deals less raw damage(At base, not the no health back break comeback slam) and makes shugoki lose HP on fail AND open up to guard break for high damage return.

Light attacks: They come out as fast as Peacekeepers zone attacks, have guarnteed 2nd on all directions like shinobi's, and deals roughly the same damage as orochi's top 2 lights. In essence, a light attack that is near impossible for human reflexes to parry let alone react to fast enough for such high gain. Lights need to be slowed down.

All in all it boils down to the shamans kit of what she can do in a single fight is massive and all of them are viable and interchangable with very little risk for high reward. More changes need to be done and I think she was a very bad addition to the game for the sake of balance. Coolish thematically and unique in comparison to the other 5 dlc characters however.

Alustar.
02-13-2018, 10:42 PM
It's starting to feel like players are not going to be happy until she is more useless than the entire season 1 characters. So glad the devs make their own decisions.

Shaman is in a great place right now. She could stand to lose some throw distance, still, but outside of that she's fine. PK had heavies on her dodging strikes, so I don't see a problem.
Most of the problems facing players right now with her is an inability to read the move set and respond accordingly.

Kryltic
02-13-2018, 11:04 PM
It's starting to feel like players are not going to be happy until she is more useless than the entire season 1 characters. So glad the devs make their own decisions.

Shaman is in a great place right now. She could stand to lose some throw distance, still, but outside of that she's fine. PK had heavies on her dodging strikes, so I don't see a problem.
Most of the problems facing players right now with her is an inability to read the move set and respond accordingly.

The PKs heavies are very predictable since they always come from the direction she moves in. Unlike the Shaman who can pick and choose.

The Shaman has a lot of the best qualities and abilities of other heroes but all combined together... Sometimes she gets better versions of those.

People will be happy when she is more in line with other heroes. I've read a lot of posts and people want the DLC characters reined in a little while buffing the older ones. They dont want an entire game of Shaman level characters where its he who hits fastest, wins.

Alustar.
02-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Dodge attacks from the side come from the same side. While Attacks from her WCR can come from any direction, if she is in close range, you can attack her out of any start up, if she is at range, you could just as easily dodge and get a free GB, so again, the problem is lack of proper recognition and response to a move.

Arekonator
02-13-2018, 11:46 PM
I personally have to agree that her kit is overloaded and she lack any real weakness, but since every og character is supposed to have rework/balance pass by the end od next season i am willing to wait a bit.
That being said, i still think nerf to her throw distance and/or headbutt push distance is a must-have, because being able to ledge people better than warlord, as an assassin, on top of her already really strong kit is just too much. And maybe also remove its ability to wall splat, because it already guarantees double light and throw guarantees heavy regardless.

Alustar.
02-13-2018, 11:59 PM
I personally have to agree that her kit is overloaded and she lack any real weakness, but since every og character is supposed to have rework/balance pass by the end od next season i am willing to wait a bit.
That being said, i still think nerf to her throw distance and/or headbutt push distance is a must-have, because being able to ledge people better than warlord, as an assassin, on top of her already really strong kit is just too much. And maybe also remove its ability to wall splat, because it already guarantees double light and throw guarantees heavy regardless.

Her weakness is in that her combo flow can be interrupted quickly, even during mix ups. I've detained in several threads (as have other players) that an overly defensive stance is where she will get you. If shaman gets in close, any follow up heavies are pretty much just part bait, hence why most good shaman players will feint out of it. However, that is all the opening you would need to counter her. A quick light or heavy will pull her out of damn near any attack chain she has in close range, and sold she go for a soft feint to GB, they won't connect either.

Cyriccube
02-14-2018, 02:24 AM
Her weakness is in that her combo flow can be interrupted quickly, even during mix ups. I've detained in several threads (as have other players) that an overly defensive stance is where she will get you. If shaman gets in close, any follow up heavies are pretty much just part bait, hence why most good shaman players will feint out of it. However, that is all the opening you would need to counter her. A quick light or heavy will pull her out of damn near any attack chain she has in close range, and sold she go for a soft feint to GB, they won't connect either.

So, what your saying is that unless we have fast attacking lights that don't require any other gimmick we can't break out of her combo's? So essentially screw the raider, warlord, shugo, and to a lesser extent nobushi and kensei? It would also be fine if she couldn't soft feint into dodge/dash attack. And yes while peacekeepers dodges have always been heavy as well, they've been telegraphed and come with reliable punishes for failing the move. Risk-reward. But saying she's always going to feint the unblockable or heavy is like saying I'm always going feint and guard break. You do it so much and it becomes bad muscle memory and punishes. Good players have always mixed up their attacks on the fly, for instance one of my favorite hero's to play is gladiator because I feel his mix-ups aren't too strong alone but with good play and not falling into predictable patterns you can do some downright amazing stomps on some people. Most average shaman player will feint out of it, but the fact remains...well what of her 4 moves right out of the feint will she do? Should I throw an attack and knock her out of a guard break? Should I GB and hope her dodge attack doesn't instantly start(Keeps happening to me on raider who has a relatively fast GB animation to my knowledge). What if she actually intends to hit the Unblockable? Does she feint and go into lights? Sure, we can try to predict it but theres too many good rewarding options for her to go for that just saying use a light to hit her out of the feint well..damn man. Keep in mind even if she hard feints, its as fast as most soft feints if not seamless. The only character who comes close in terms of that same capability is Beserker whos main attraction was his ability to do fast mix-ups and to a lesser extent the newer amashura who's kit seems heavily based around smartly mixing up his attack strategy. Like a lot of people say, Shaman's kit has way to many better versions of what other hero's have in a single kit and easy access to all of those tools at any moment.

JadeBosson.
02-14-2018, 02:36 AM
watch someone complain that shugoki is OP and needs a nerf next

ChampionRuby50g
02-14-2018, 02:51 AM

Shugoki is OP and needs a nerf next.

Alustar.
02-14-2018, 03:02 AM
So, what your saying is that unless we have fast attacking lights that don't require any other gimmick we can't break out of her combo's? So essentially screw the raider, warlord, shugo, and to a lesser extent nobushi and kensei? It would also be fine if she couldn't soft feint into dodge/dash attack. And yes while peacekeepers dodges have always been heavy as well, they've been telegraphed and come with reliable punishes for failing the move. Risk-reward. But saying she's always going to feint the unblockable or heavy is like saying I'm always going feint and guard break. You do it so much and it becomes bad muscle memory and punishes. Good players have always mixed up their attacks on the fly, for instance one of my favorite hero's to play is gladiator because I feel his mix-ups aren't too strong alone but with good play and not falling into predictable patterns you can do some downright amazing stomps on some people. Most average shaman player will feint out of it, but the fact remains...well what of her 4 moves right out of the feint will she do? Should I throw an attack and knock her out of a guard break? Should I GB and hope her dodge attack doesn't instantly start(Keeps happening to me on raider who has a relatively fast GB animation to my knowledge). What if she actually intends to hit the Unblockable? Does she feint and go into lights? Sure, we can try to predict it but theres too many good rewarding options for her to go for that just saying use a light to hit her out of the feint well..damn man. Keep in mind even if she hard feints, its as fast as most soft feints if not seamless. The only character who comes close in terms of that same capability is Beserker whos main attraction was his ability to do fast mix-ups and to a lesser extent the newer amashura who's kit seems heavily based around smartly mixing up his attack strategy. Like a lot of people say, Shaman's kit has way to many better versions of what other hero's have in a single kit and easy access to all of those tools at any moment.

You missed the part where I said heavies(some heavy attacks are fast) but more importantly cut through GB if I'm not mistaken. Either way, most attacks will break her out of most of her feint game from neutral with the exception of maybe the likes of shugoki and highlander.
The nature of mix up is that you have to either know your opponent to predict moves, or are capable of reacting within the given time frame. Otherwise is just 50/50s and guaranteed attacks and that's something for honor has been steering away from.
People can say she has better options than the various kits they come from, but that doesn't make that statement correct. Everything she can do, another hero does better, the difference is that she can do a lot in a relatively short time. It's not that her moves are better, it's just that she has that many at her disposal. It's a lot to take in, but with diligent practice and training, is not hard to get an the upper hand.
Most of the players I play frequently don't get caught by the feint to GB, nor do they get caught by the unlockable or other heavies in her chain. The only time I get these attacks off is when I work then in after getting them off balance and conditioned to escort a certain pattern. They side step her mercy and hunger leaps, so again I have to look for confirmed hits from GB.

Bear in mind, these aren't elite tier good players on cocaine either. They are average, the same as us.

To summarize, the vanilla roster has been present now for almost a year, shaman has been out less than 4months. anyone expecting to have the same measure of experience and competence against her without dedicated some serious time to learning her kit is setting himself up for repeated failure.

The_B0G_
02-14-2018, 01:25 PM
She's not too bad right now, I think her throw distance needs to be nerfed and then she'd be pretty balanced in my opinion.

I think Aramusha is much more difficult to fight against, when someone is good at his feint game it's like very attack is a 50/50. So hard to react to.

Armosias
02-14-2018, 01:34 PM
If I had to nerf shaman and as I believe Ubi is looking into the bug on her dash attacks. I'd surely touch her throwing range, I mean this feels wrong when this little psycho manages to push one further away than LawBro, Shugo, Highlander or Raider. Even compared to other assassins this is truly ridiculous. I feel like she throws further than a fully charged SB. And the bite, not its damages, nor its tracking, not even its healing done, just the stamina cost, because a Shaman should be punished for missing as much as she is rewarded for hitting. Set the stam cost to 50% at least, if you miss you're in deep sh*t, if you hit you already get ALL your stamina back.

BTTrinity
02-14-2018, 02:07 PM

highly doubtful considering Shugoki doesnt have the best EVERYTHING in the game.

Knight_Raime
02-14-2018, 02:11 PM

I mean I want him to be totally reworked. and reworks can mean buffs and/or nerfs.
so. take that for what you will d:

EvoX.
02-14-2018, 05:00 PM

I thought Roman's favorite was the Centurion, he even called him ''my boy'' on stream.

BTTrinity
02-14-2018, 06:39 PM
I thought Roman's favorite was the Centurion, he even called him ''my boy'' on stream.

I'm pretty sure its Shaman now, I could be wrong though since I've never heard him say anything like that about her, then again I dont watch the streams very often.

JadeBosson.
02-16-2018, 05:57 AM
suddenly shugoki loses his unblockables and only does 5 damage XD

Vrbas1
02-16-2018, 06:07 AM

Right, OK. Forget her lightening fast heavies that negate side dodges (sometimes back) and the fact she is given virtually every mechanic in the game (bleed, heal on attack, push back to guaranteed damage, unblockables, dodge attack, soft feints, deflect, speed, dodge distance, risk-little moveset). This character is literally a strutting end-all hero.

kbvlcvfkhgc
02-16-2018, 08:20 AM
How can anyone honestly think that the Shaman is in any way a fair character and maintain anykind of intellectual honesty or integrity with themselves?

seriously, the only people who think the Shaman is not OP is the People who use her, simple as that, trying to deal with her is a fricking nightmare, she just has soooooo many tools to call upon, dont get me wrong the Aramusha is a nightmare too, now it looks like the S5 Kensei, Conq and Zerk are being added to the rosta of OP death, if i had my way id get rid of every bleed, unblockable, feat etc and all the other BS that is ruining this game, keep it about skill as opposed to character choice, from day one its been the same thing, all the bandwagoneers were Peacekeepers, then they became Centurions, now their Shamans or Aramusha's and next theyll be S5 Kenseis or Conquerors, thats what this games about, character choice not skill, U think your a God cos you play shaman? put her down and play with the S1 un buffed character and see how u get on?

Jiblet2017
02-16-2018, 09:25 AM
How can anyone honestly think that the Shaman is in any way a fair character and maintain anykind of intellectual honesty or integrity with themselves?

seriously, the only people who think the Shaman is not OP is the People who use her, simple as that, trying to deal with her is a fricking nightmare, she just has soooooo many tools to call upon, dont get me wrong the Aramusha is a nightmare too, now it looks like the S5 Kensei, Conq and Zerk are being added to the rosta of OP death, if i had my way id get rid of every bleed, unblockable, feat etc and all the other BS that is ruining this game, keep it about skill as opposed to character choice, from day one its been the same thing, all the bandwagoneers were Peacekeepers, then they became Centurions, now their Shamans or Aramusha's and next theyll be S5 Kenseis or Conquerors, thats what this games about, character choice not skill, U think your a God cos you play shaman? put her down and play with the S1 un buffed character and see how u get on?

There will always be different challenges in balancing a fighting game across movesets. Taking out all of the variable challenges of facing different characters (including strengths and weaknesses of aspects of a character's kit) is what keeps the game exciting.

Granted, I am still looking forward to the Wildcats rage indicator fix and maybe changing the way her mercy interacts with other characters' bleeds in 4s (maybe make her bleed a poison so that only she could proc her bite). Other than that she is a fun challenge in my opinion (not to detract from anyone elses).

Tyrfing_.
02-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Use a Kensei and you laugh about most Shamans that are stupid enough to be in your way...
All down to matchup and player skills. A good Shaman may still beat you. But so would any good Berserker, PK, Kenesei, ....

Alustar.
02-16-2018, 10:41 AM

Been here since stay of season 1, and none of my character choice had been based off of anything other than how in feeling at the moment.
Most players who are worth it are going to experiment with multiple heroes and learn the nuances of them so they can better defend themselves.
Try playing as these characters I promise its not as easy to just train wreck through players as you think it is.

Charmzzz
02-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Whenever I get my A*s handed to me by a Shaman on my Warden, well, I just switch to PK or Glad the next round and return the favor. Shaman is very good against the more "clunky" heroes. But she is meat on my toast whenever I take a hero that is on par with her speed. Heroes with Hyperarmor like Shugo, Kensei, Zerker and such, should work very well, too. I just do not play them.

Shaman has very little chaining options. Her WCR is very good, her dodge attack is nothing special, her leaps are (after the nerfs) pretty much guaranteed free damage on her, her double lights are nothing special. I just get caught, sometimes, in her unblockable heavy finisher mixup game or I fail to parry it because it takes ages to fire.

Seriously, and sorry to say that, it is a L2P issue. I see ALOT of people in the forum since yesterday that seem to be either new to the game or coming back after not playing for months. Dudes, you lack practice. I'm pretty sure I can pwn you even on unreworked OG heroes easily... ;)

Knight_Raime
02-16-2018, 12:56 PM

I don't think she's OP. I don't play her. Where is your god now?

Baturai
02-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Shaman Gladiator And Ninja and Aramuschi need serious nerf.

Armosias
02-16-2018, 01:18 PM

Have slain shamans with my Lawbringer and without turtling, I don't feel she OP, she just needs some tweaks imo. And no I don't play her.

Dry.Fish
02-16-2018, 04:42 PM
I unlocked and rolled and she bit me halfway across the map