PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a new player

GuyverofWar
02-12-2018, 08:59 PM
So I played the beta for this game and really enjoyed myself I just never ended up getting the game. I found out it was on sale on Xbox for 18 bucks so I had to jump at the opportunity to get it. Just wondering if I could get some helpful tips to help get me going, like what to look out for or what I should focus on. Thanks in advance guys.

Tundra 793
02-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Honestly, I'd suggest taking it easy for a few days. There's a long anticipated, and major patch dropping this Thursday. It's going to rework and change a few of the heroes and core mechanics, so I wouldn't suggest settling on any particular hero or playstyle just yet.

Try out all the heroes and the gamemodes, save up some Steel, really just have fun with it. Come Thursday, I'd suggest you pick one or two heroes to really focus on, and start to master their moveset.
Once you get the feel for a hero, and start to encounter things in game you find difficult, it'll also be a lot easier to help you out.

GuyverofWar
02-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Sweet ok yeah I'll just do that. Thanks foe the quick reply man

FredEx919
02-12-2018, 09:45 PM
I agree with everything mentioned above by Tundra793. Some pretty big changes coming with the Season V update in a few days. We'll also have an Extra XP event coming up soon, so it's worth looking around and getting an idea of what you like and taking a second glance after the update. I personally still enjoy using Valk, Berserker, and Gladiator, but my character use is strictly based off of my favorite characters (by design) not necessarily which ones are easiest / hardest to learn and use.

Archeun
02-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Learn how to deal with feints. Parry mechanics are changing very soon. Practice, practice and practice with 1 character. Get the basics down. Different modes play differently. In 4v4 modes, prepare to get attacked by 2-4 people at once. It will happen often. 1v1 doesn't have that but it doesn't give the same exp/steel as 4v4 modes. Skill is very important in this game. Paying attention to your surroundings is vital as well since getting thrown into objects or off them is a very real threat.

The_B0G_
02-12-2018, 10:24 PM
I'd start with the campaign, hammer through it in hard, after that you should have an idea of which characters you like and how to parry, defend and attack but keep in mind the DLC characters aren't included in story mode and before the original character reworks are the strongest.

David_gorda
02-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Chose one Clas to learn first, start learning all the moves and combos against lvl 0 bot.after that practice, blocking, parrying and deflect if you use assassin Class against a lvl 1 bot. When you Can do it consistently i would do duels and brawls until atleast prestige 3 since it no gear score and less chaotic then 4vs4. Check some youtube guide Of the Class you play to get tips aswell. Then your ready :D

jordan-tanton
02-12-2018, 11:00 PM
My honest opinion is dont take the game too seriously or get way to competitive, from my experience it has messed me up so many times (goes for any competitive MP game)

Just enjoy the game and have fun because thats when you play your best.

Play through the story twice on normal then on realostic to get the hang of it, Try characters in the practice mode to find which character/s move set you like the best and stick with them for a while before moving on.

Like the others said big changes coming thursday so I would probably start playing after the update thursday maybe? As Conqueror, Zerker, and Kensei are getting reworks, highlander is getting a buff, parry changes so on so fourth :)

Protos_88
02-12-2018, 11:21 PM
On ps4 i hve 1. Dont buy this game... lags lags laaaags.. 0 balance and lags and lags and more fun

JadeBosson.
02-12-2018, 11:59 PM
i'd wait a bit as stated before but if you want some easy characters to use you could use orochi , nobushi , shaman , bezerker or gladiator there all fun and easy to work with