PDA

View Full Version : Class Balance today at For Honer

drazaaa
02-12-2018, 04:17 AM
Hello all for Honer players :) I was playing b4 for Honer but when they release Centurion & Ninja classes I stop playing like the most veteran players. Im wondering now did they balance classes at this game or its still the same?Thanks all for reading this and for the answers

Halvtand
02-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Check back in a few weeks when S5 has launched and perhaps a few more balance-patches has been released. Right now it's not that good.

CandleInTheDark
02-12-2018, 10:41 AM
In terms of the centurion, he can no longer get permanent wallsplat, he can still do a lot of damage in a chain but has to work harder for that, I know the shinobi had specific balance patches also but I can't recall offhand what was changed.

In the season 5 launch they will change parry so that heavy parry only gets a light attack reward, light parry gets a heavy, guardbreaks are techable (so no parry guardbreak wallsplat max punish) and there will be reworks with new animations for kensei and conqueror and major rebalance updates on the berserker, nobushi and another of the new characters, the highlander. More reworks of the original cast are due in the upcoming season.

In non balance news, there will be dedicated servers for the PC on the 19th and the devs intend to push them out for consoles soon after they know that works as intended.

AkenoKobayashi
02-13-2018, 01:37 AM
I'm a veteran, and I'm still playing. >_>

drazaaa
02-13-2018, 02:15 AM
cool look like you ether was re-roll or you dint mind loosing when Cent come out b4.If i remember correctly when the Cent patch come out For Honer lost 90% of population so this is why i was asking how its balance now.Thanks for all info guys maybe i will check when new balance patch come out :)

UbiInsulin
02-13-2018, 02:26 AM
Thanks for giving it another shot! All the upcoming changes can be found here (and I mean all of them, these are the longest patch notes I've ever seen): https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-318557-16/patch-notes-v119 .

bannex19
02-13-2018, 04:02 AM
Petition to change the name of the game to For Honer!

drazaaa
02-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Thanks for giving it another shot! All the upcoming changes can be found here (and I mean all of them, these are the longest patch notes I've ever seen): https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-318557-16/patch-notes-v119 .

Thanks for the info.Look like the game its still unbalance but i will still check when the patch hits

BTTrinity
02-13-2018, 01:48 PM
cool look like you ether was re-roll or you dint mind loosing when Cent come out b4.If i remember correctly when the Cent patch come out For Honer lost 90% of population so this is why i was asking how its balance now.Thanks for all info guys maybe i will check when new balance patch come out :)

No, For honor lost like 80-90% of its population in 3 weeks, before Cent and Shinobi came out.

Anyway, Cent was nerfed into obscurity.

Shinobi since release has had quite a balance pass, they made her more punishable (For dodging things like kick) but also gave her more HP and stamina (They reduced stamina cost for A LOT of her attacks, not gave her more stamina) Shinobi with her ranged attacks can still be annoying in 4v4's but isnt nearly unbeatable like she used to be.

Charmzzz
02-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Except the parry-problem the game is pretty balanced all around. Sure, some Characters (e.g. Shaman, Raider) have better mixups than others, but that is one of the goals of season 5: bring the original roster up to the level of the DLC heroes.

Come back in 2 weeks and check it out.

Specialkha
02-13-2018, 02:35 PM
And what happen with dlc character that are subpar, a.k.a Aramusha? We wait another year to get a rework?

I will wait and see how the parry nerf will affect the game, but I won't wait another 2 months to get a balance patch

David_gorda
02-13-2018, 02:42 PM
And what happen with dlc character that are subpar, a.k.a Aramusha? We wait another year to get a rework?

I will wait and see how the parry nerf will affect the game, but I won't wait another 2 months to get a balnce patch
Aramusha is not subpar, at least not on console. Its one Of the best classes in the Game except on the highest competetive level because No unblockable opener.

Specialkha
02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
At my skilllevel, he is subpar, If I compare to Gladiator, Shaman for instance. I can deal with Raider but barrely and it needs to be a 1v1. Overall, he is inferior to a lot of the OG character.

David_gorda
02-13-2018, 02:51 PM
At my skilllevel, he is subpar, If I compare to Gladiator, Shaman for instance. I can deal with Raider but barrely and it needs to be a 1v1. Overall, he is inferior to a lot of the OG character.
Yeah but glad,shaman and pk are the best classes. Just because aramusha is Worse then them doesnt make him subpar.
What Of the og classes is aramusha inferior to in your opinion?

Dane520123
02-13-2018, 03:41 PM

Iíve been playing since beta and Iím still here, I donít let a single character dictate whether I play the game or not neither should u, people like you really need to grow a pair. And the population drought happend way before centurion was released fam nice try tho. But to your liking he was nerfed pretty ****in hard, he can still get in good combos but not easily and his health is super ****ing low. Centurion is just a noob stomper, btw I hate your grammar with a passion I know you canít help it but my god.

Specialkha
02-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Yeah but glad,shaman and pk are the best classes. Just because aramusha is Worse then them doesnt make him subpar.

Warden, Warlord, Raider, hell, even Shugoki, there is a reason why Aramusha is in the lower tier on any given tier list. You have to play the game as it was intended to be played, ironic, isn't it?

Vakris_One
02-13-2018, 03:58 PM
Ara is firmly in B-tier on PC. Once you shut down his infinite chain he doesn't have much left with which to respond. Zone feint into GB and forward dash feint into GB, that's it. Almost all of the OG roster can shut him down by turtling because his kit lacks options.

The new parry updates will at least mean he doesn't get completely demolished by GB + wall splat punishes such as the Shugo, Raider, PK, Zerker, Centurion, etc. but the whole notion of basing his kit around lights is a faulty one as they offer the opponent the most punishment off of a parry. With the stability of dedicated servers coming, parrying lights will become easier for both consoles and PC and Ara might just slip into bottom tier.

The only real reason that Ara is just about keeping his head above water is that his light chain can stun lock assassin characters and make some people panic. The only good thing about his kit are his heavy soft feints. Blade blockade is a double edged sword, it's good for getting him out of being blitzed by lights himself but it's not reliable against someone who knows how to bait it for a free GB.

David_gorda
02-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Ara is firmly in B-tier on PC. Once you shut down his infinite chain he doesn't have much left with which to respond. Zone feint into GB and forward dash feint into GB, that's it. Almost all of the OG roster can shut him down by turtling because his kit lacks options.

The new parry updates will at least mean he doesn't get completely demolished by GB + wall splat punishes such as the Shugo, Raider, PK, Zerker, Centurion, etc. but the whole notion of basing his kit around lights is a faulty one as they offer the opponent the most punishment off of a parry. With the stability of dedicated servers coming, parrying lights will become easier for both consoles and PC and Ara might just slip into bottom tier.

The only real reason that Ara is just about keeping his head above water is that his light chain can stun lock assassin characters and make some people panic. The only good thing about his kit are his heavy soft feints. Blade blockade is a double edged sword, it's good for getting him out of being blitzed by lights himself but it's not reliable against someone who knows how to bait it for a free GB. yeah i see your point, i think they should have give aramusha some kind Of unblockable opener like all other dlc classes and tone down the infinite chain with soft feint mixups. Now aramusha is crap At high tier on PC and stomps average players on console pretty much. My personal opinion is aramushas kit is really poorly designed.

S0Mi_xD
02-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Except the parry-problem the game is pretty balanced all around. Sure, some Characters (e.g. Shaman, Raider) have better mixups than others, but that is one of the goals of season 5: bring the original roster up to the level of the DLC heroes.

Come back in 2 weeks and check it out.

While i basically agree with you, i still think there are some major flaws with shaman.

In my opinion the HP regen on Predatory Mercy is just stupid with her "high hp"
reducing it to 100 HP would be abit more fair - because HP regen as a part of a chars kit ....
Remove the HP regen and make it a Feat or reduce her HP.

The stamina regen on Perdatory Mercy ... even if you OOS yourself with the move and hit you are just full afterwards as if it is an execution.
It's not like she is a berserker and needs to hard feint much - her stamina management is great, she doesn't need the stam regen at all - soft feints do not cost stamina.

if she miss her pounce she can immideatly use it again - i have a video where this happend today to me.
I dodged the attack stood behind her she instantly turns 180į and hits me.

50 stupid dmg for such a simple and fast unblockable move?
You can mix it up so extremly good... it is far to much dmg - i would be fine 30 at MAX. this would be a normal heavy
You can even get this move safe from a GB throw .... (as far i know this will be fixed with season 5? not sure here)

Her mix ups are not the problem - it's her one stupid OP move :D
And "you can dodge it" is no argument at all ^^
You can dodge AND parry Berserker Top heavy but still they reduced it from 55 to 30.
But Shaman you can only dodge and if she is good she uses the second predator on the first miss.

Vakris_One
02-13-2018, 06:24 PM
yeah i see your point, i think they should have give aramusha some kind Of unblockable opener like all other dlc classes and tone down the infinite chain with soft feint mixups. Now aramusha is crap At high tier on PC and stomps average players on console pretty much. My personal opinion is aramushas kit is really poorly designed.
I have to agree. I got my Ara up to rep 10 and he just doesn't cut the mustard against players that have no trouble against his lights and his soft feint lights. I think Ara was an experiment by the devs to see if they could create a kit based around fast lights and soft feints but I don't think basing a kit purely around lights has a place in this game. Either you can react to them or you can't, which removes a lot of the tactical aspects of a fight.

It ends up being annoying for the players facing Aramusha who cannot react to his lights and soft feints. While also being frustrating for players playing as a Musha when facing someone who can shut them down completely, soft feints and all. It's the inflexible nature of Aramusha's kit that is to blame for both. You literally have no choice but to light spam your opponent at times, if they can't handle it you win. If they can you're pretty much dead as Musha has no real options other than his zone. That's just too binary in my opinion.

The newly reworked Kensei is a much better example of how to make a kit more flexible by incorporating the use of soft feints but without making soft feints the only option available. The new Kensei will be really strong to use but crucially he will also be fun to fight against because he will have a variety of responses to whatever you do to him. It will feel truly rewarding to counter his responses rather than the case with Aramusha whereby you either outright win or outright lose.

David_gorda
02-13-2018, 06:29 PM
I have to agree. I got my Ara up to rep 10 and he just doesn't cut the mustard against players that have no trouble against his lights and his soft feint lights. I think Ara was an experiment by the devs to see if they could create a kit based around fast lights and soft feints but I don't think basing a kit purely around lights has a place in this game. Either you can react to them or you can't, which removes a lot of the tactical aspects of a fight.

It ends up being annoying for the players facing Aramusha who cannot react to his lights and soft feints. While also being frustrating for players playing as a Musha when facing someone who can shut them down completely, soft feints and all. It's the inflexible nature of Aramusha's kit that is to blame for both. You literally have no choice but to light spam your opponent at times, if they can't handle it you win. If they can you're pretty much dead as Musha has no real options other than his zone. That's just too binary in my opinion.

The newly reworked Kensei is a much better example of how to make a kit more flexible by incorporating the use of soft feints but without making soft feints the only option available. The new Kensei will be really strong to use but crucially he will also be fun to fight against because he will have a variety of responses to whatever you do to him. It will feel truly rewarding to counter his responses rather than the case with Aramusha whereby you either outright win or outright lose.
Yeah spot on dude, new kensei is great design.

Vakris_One
02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Yeah spot on dude, new kensei is great design.
Heh, all us Kensei mains that stuck with him through thick and thin should get a free emblem that reads, "I mained Kensei before it was cool" :p