PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 High level play.

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 02:16 AM
This is what i'm talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLIdYDuqW8&t

It's scary... Broly guy whatever his name was talking about how disappointing conqueror was but I saw this coming from a mile away.

2 separate styles. Lock conqueror vs Out of lock conqueror, lol. The real offense/defense stance.

Tundra 793
02-12-2018, 02:51 AM
Nothing murders my enthusiasm for For Honor like watching "high level" gameplay.

David_gorda
02-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Thx for posting the video! The new conq definitly looks good. One if the bashes was 400 MS and his lights looks alot faster to.
Similiar pressure as Warden have when opponent Out of stamina aswell. Zone attack has Been changed to i think?
Looking forward trying Out the new conq :D

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 06:38 AM
But yeah I was posting this related to my last post about unlock tech and how to use it and how it ruins the original thought process of the game... Art of unlocked combat... Hurts integrity of the game and needs to be seriously looked at in season 5 healing process.

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 06:47 AM
They need to nerf retreating way more... Maybe pause stamina while running? slowly drain stamina while running? Pause stamina when dodging when out of stamina as intended? Being in combat needs to be the OPTION to use when you see an enemy.

There's this weird glitch with shaman that if you try and unlock and run away asap it actually lets you linger on lock before you can actually run away. Make it to where if you get a parry you can disengage faster and then start to run so instead of getting a punish you actually legit retreat? Simulator fighters are harder to balance when it comes to these things but in order for this game to push the competitive scene things like these must be addressed.

One day Simulators will be shown at EVO. Right now it's 2d fighters with Tekken/soul calibur showcasing 3d. Hmmm, the more of the "Cheese" that is demolished the better off this game will be.

Knight_Raime
02-12-2018, 06:49 AM
yeah I watched that earlier today. was very entertaining and tense to watch.

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 06:52 AM
Another example of cheese is running to a ledge environment "Warlord" to gain an advantage because 1 GB is death. or Shugoki/Centurion running towards walls because 1 Guard Break is either death or close to it.

Guard breaking when the wall is behind you should cause staggering like if someone threw you against the wall themselves... You already die when you go for a GB and end up getting counter GB'd. when hazard is behind you, why aren't walls treated the same way? it would promote players wanting to fight out in the open more and the person trying to cheese for the GB end up getting heavily punished for it.

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 07:02 AM
also regarding the wall changes when you are behind a wall it would further promote less out of lock running and instead trying to gain middle steage control in Duels. The wall change would also apply to soldiers in dominion.

Also make it to where if you counter guard break somebody it allows proper distance between you and the opponent so they can't spam another GB. Basically the person that initiates the GB is the one that gets pushed further back and the person that countered it stands his ground and pushes the opponent back more.

RenegadeTX2000
02-12-2018, 07:31 AM
3rd post in a row lol my bad, cell phone habits...

So pretty much the Wall in general needs a rework, all moves that cause knock back, like centurions kick and punch... Basically everybody with that tool to cause an unblockable melee attack should cause staggering if done on a wall. and the characters that can really abuse that mechanic like Centurion should just get a move readjustment. Only giving it to Shaman, nobushi, full charged warden shoulder bash, is a little underwhelming.

In real life, boxing, in ufc cage being cornered is absolutely the worst thing you can be at positioning wise, so why isn't it the same here as well? Neutral in this game is about maintaining center and spacing. It would also promote more actual attacking to avoid being put in a bad position and characters with fast walk speed could actually USE it more to their advantage. and characters like Shugoki and Lawbringer aka slow characters that rely on getting close to you should have an easier time maintaining pressure. Balance the changes on how the wall works, it would also close the gap on the "assassin back dash meta."

If you guys disagree with my opinion then I'd like to hear it, I love hearing other ideas on this matter if you feel like it would promote a negative side or hearing like minded changes that would be better then what I posted.

Alustar.
02-12-2018, 08:29 AM
In addition to these I any to see trip and cloths-line hazards. I'm kind of surprised they weren't in to begin with. I'd personally like to see more of those and less OHK ledges and spike traps.

I think most of the communit, however, would see crowd control effects like that not trigger well hazards. For the life of me in but sure why.

Vakris_One
02-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Great, so unlock tech is back... Conq is now the new Raider with that unlock > run > charge/bash tech. I swear that move costs him half his stamina in the live game right now so he can't spam it. Why did they lower the stamina drain for it in S5? Also he can now keep you out of stamina even more effectively than Centurion can. Is it just me or is it looking like Conq will be the new cancer?

If you have to be Alernakin just to stand a chance against Neo Conq then I think I'm done with this game to be honest. I play to have fun, not to try hard like an MLG ultimate digital athlete in every single match.

bob333e
02-12-2018, 02:24 PM
I play to have fun, not to try hard like an MLG ultimate digital athlete in every single match.

https://media.giphy.com/media/zNbiX43QsqUAU/giphy.gif

Season 5 might be the last straw for me as well. All remains to be seen how things will roll out by, say, end of March / mid April.

- Dedicated servers would be here and running, let's see how they will fix disconnects/resyncs/migrations/error screens.
- Lag comp system hopefully will be here as well, let's see how it deals with red natters and lagswitchers, who are the bigger issue during the combat itself, than the disconnects.
- Let's see how these new reworks will play out, and when people eventually dig out the new cheese meta in these three, how it will impact the game in general.
- Let's see whether further reworks will actually improve heroes, or ruin them more (I still say Berserker was more or less ruined than improved).
- Let's see whether they are adding new armors and whether they are actual new gear, or more recycles/reskins with spikes.
- Let's see whether the next batch of emotes/executions will be re-railed onto the right track, that is the gritty inherent nature of this game, instead of a meme show.
- Highly unlikely, but let's see whether the reward/progression system will be overhauled, new 8v8 and/or FFA modes added, increased inventory/loadout capacity, increased customization flexibility, etc.

I do love the game, don't get me wrong. But these issues still get to me.

Specialkha
02-12-2018, 03:59 PM
And I thought Season 5 would be the official release of the game. Looks like we still have to wait to get a finished and polished game.