PDA

View Full Version : Are new servers fixing pathetic matchmaking

M4RKSG4MES
02-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Matchmaking on this game is a complete joke, especially if your trying build up new character ,im be glad of just ONE balanced even match , WHY cant they match reps 0 to 5 together, then 5 to 10 ,together, and 10rep and over , im on rep 1 with few and EVERYTIME i get rep 40,24, 16 etc with myself with say rep 1 and two bots its a JOKE will new servers FINALLY make better matches, cant be any fun for opposition either hardly a challenge , no wonder we get freezing/resynch all time for players leaving stupidly matched games ,you cant blame them , im HOPING ithe new servers will sort out the constant error codes too played 10 matches finished 1 ,all due to error code ,nearly finished some, annoyingly was winning lot only to be kicked near finish.

EvoX.
02-11-2018, 10:42 PM
The dedicated servers don't really have much to do with how matchmaking sorts players...

And yeah, I suffered through the same as well. Seeing a low rep player was and still is incredibly rare, it didn't take me long to realize only the above average and the pros are left, at least on PC. Not what you'd call a game with a constant influx of new players.

The error codes, desync and interruptions should disappear when the servers are up. Should.

M4RKSG4MES
02-12-2018, 06:28 AM
I am NOT new player , like a sucker for punishment ,money to burn on broken we'll fix it EVENTUALLY game, been playing since (released way too early)launch , its when you want to try out new character not used before you get severely punished for having previous one done up a little , i've YET to see fair battle when trying low ranked out, HARDLY encourages NEW players to game thats for damn sure, mind you US loyal diehard players HAD to suffer games MANY flaws for over year ,with ALL the promises and lack of compensation ,would been better to wait till QWHOLE four seasons had passed before getting game that nearly works . Im HOPING freezing/resynch is better at least as you reckon will be , you never know we MAY get players returning to game then EVEN new players.

Halvtand
02-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Part of the dedicated server-deal is a new step in the Matchmaking that tries to organise the teams by skill before you actually go into the lobby to pick your hero. Of course i can't see this really working before we get team players (people who are already a full team before they start MM) matched up against other team players. It is, however, a step in the right direction.

Kryltic
02-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Reputation has nothing to do with skill. It just shows how much someone has grinded with a specific character or group of characters.

It pairs (or tries to pair) based on K/D. Remember you don't select a character until after finding a group, so how can it know who to pair you with based on a character you haven't even selected yet?

Halvtand
02-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Reputation has nothing to do with skill. It just shows how much someone has grinded with a specific character or group of characters.

It pairs (or tries to pair) based on K/D. Remember you don't select a character until after finding a group, so how can it know who to pair you with based on a character you haven't even selected yet?

Copied from the 1.19 patch notes:
Skill-based team balancing is now live!

After matchmaking completion, a new balancing phase is added to the game before the players join the lobby. The teams will now be balanced towards the best composition through the players’ skill rating.
Note: in this first implementation, the balance is only based on the players’ skill, not their renown (or other parameters).
This will only affects new game sessions being created. Joining a game in progress or in the end lobby will not go through the team balancing phase.
Developers comment: This is a highly anticipated feature and we’re happy to introduce it to you. It will help greatly to balance the teams composition, improve the fun and quality of the matches. Please note that this is the first version. We are already working on additional team balancing improvements to push the quality even further.

Tyrjo
02-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Does this mean?

You get grouped with 7 other players in 4v4 match.

Everyone selects their hero.

Then the teams are balanced in terms of how successful everyone is with their selected hero?

Halvtand
02-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Does this mean?

You get grouped with 7 other players in 4v4 match.

Everyone selects their hero.

Then the teams are balanced in terms of how successful everyone is with their selected hero?

The patch notes have worded it as "a new balancing phase is added to the game before the players join the lobby". So i assume this is before the heroes are chosen.

M4RKSG4MES
02-12-2018, 05:51 PM
So it STILL penalizes new players OR players trying out new characters it seems to me. If you are the weakest in group ie pretty new you'll get punished or IF you built up previous charactersyou'll get done too . WHY dont they just PLAINLY simplify its not rocket science ALL they need to do is pair off ALL rep 0 to 5 ,then 5 to 10 , and finally 10 and over, THAT way its blatant obvivious if 0 to 5 on that character you are either new to game or character , 5 to 10 you'll be fairly good with it and 10 and over you SHOULD have mastered characters. I've YET in my entire playing of game since start seen a fair game its very rare maybe 1 in 100 at least THIS way you'll have better chance and the really good players will have proper game too.

M4RKSG4MES
02-13-2018, 08:29 PM
Its kind of moronic programming then when you are matched BEFORE you choose your hero, its like Amil Khan jumping into ring to find out hes boxing Lennox Lewis lol, its not rocket science you pick your hero FIRST then are matched accordingly thats how it SHOULD be done ,seems its lucky dip where MOST matches are unfairly balanced at moment ,especially for new players or your trying out new hero

Foosch
02-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Part of the dedicated server-deal is a new step in the Matchmaking that tries to organise the teams by skill before you actually go into the lobby to pick your hero. Of course i can't see this really working before we get team players (people who are already a full team before they start MM) matched up against other team players. It is, however, a step in the right direction.

It works on Xbox. Its great.

Foosch
02-13-2018, 09:48 PM

It has everything to do with experience...which equates to a better player most of the time. It also equates to better gear.

Foosch
02-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Matchmaking on this game is a complete joke, especially if your trying build up new character ,im be glad of just ONE balanced even match , WHY cant they match reps 0 to 5 together, then 5 to 10 ,together, and 10rep and over , im on rep 1 with few and EVERYTIME i get rep 40,24, 16 etc with myself with say rep 1 and two bots its a JOKE will new servers FINALLY make better matches, cant be any fun for opposition either hardly a challenge , no wonder we get freezing/resynch all time for players leaving stupidly matched games ,you cant blame them , im HOPING ithe new servers will sort out the constant error codes too played 10 matches finished 1 ,all due to error code ,nearly finished some, annoyingly was winning lot only to be kicked near finish.

It does work this way on Xbox. Its great. I played on my sons Xbox today for the first time and I was being placed in Dominion games with players within 10 rep of me every time. Usually they were ALL same rep as me. It was awesome! When I play on my pc (rep 5) I get in games with players 20 times my rep some of them. Others are usually 5 to 10 times my rep. It does matter. Especially to a new or casual player. Thats why they leave the pc version and dont come back. They get lambasted every game.