PDA

View Full Version : S5 Conc

Playing_Mantis
02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Will the conc in season 5 be the new cancer class? seems like it will be very hard to escape this beast! - Also kensai looks really op..im scared of these classes.

David_gorda
02-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Will the conc in season 5 be the new cancer class? seems like it will be very hard to escape this beast! - Also kensai looks really op..im scared of these classes. i think conq and kensai Will be midtier at best. I am more worried Of berserker feint Heavies to light and get hyperarmor and speed 400 ms speed. Will be intresting to see how season 5 turns Out and hoppfully we get deficated servers soon for consoles.

Knight_Raime
02-11-2018, 07:12 PM
i think conq and kensai Will be midtier at best. I am more worried Of berserker feint Heavies to light and get hyperarmor and speed 400 ms speed. Will be intresting to see how season 5 turns Out and hoppfully we get deficated servers soon for consoles.

uhhh. No?
Kensei's rework gives him an answer to everything from his heavy feint.
Someone turtling? heavy feint into pommel smack which gives a light.
Someone try to answer your heavy with a parry attempt? pommel smack which gives a light.
Someone try to dodge? Heavy feint into GB.
Someone try to dodge attack? heavy feint into side light/side heavy if you feel like trading.
Someone try to back dodge/roll away? heavy feint into forward jumping.

He can also cancel into multiple options from each heavy in his heavy heavy heavy combo.
And these feinted/soft feinted moves count as being further in his combo list. Which they added 4 new combos into.
This isn't even everything.
Kensei will absolutely NOT be mid tier. he's going to be A tier at the very least.

Conq is a wait and see. He has a better headbutt with variable timing and confirms more damage. His pressure while you're OOS is insane. He can insta shield tackle like raider insta stampede. and that guarantees a bash which gives a light. His full block is amazing at dealing with heavy attacks now and can almost be used on reaction. I personally don't see conq breaking out of B tier. But I can see him near the top of it. at least with most matchups.

Zerk is probably the one that will be the least good. Her position will barely move if at all. They severely upped her stamina cost on basically everything. Normalized her damage to the point that going for top heavy is really never worth it. and removed being able to cancel light whiffs. which would allow people to basically options select a deflect on a light attack. The one big save for zerk is the uninterruptable stance on feinted into light attacks.

Which on paper is nice. but how effective it will be is questionable. as it eats your stamina like crazy. and you really don't have the health to be trading often as zerk. But the biggest detriment here is that this new mechanic doesn't change zerks core gameplay. Meaning if you're well versed in how a zerk plays you will absolutely see these things coming and react to them. Of course this sounds like total cancer for people who already suck when it comes to reactions. But it's going to mean next to nothing in the high end where turtles like to live.

Basically zerk got a little balanced out with some decent power in average play. But practically nothing changes for top tier play. She still has nothing to deal with turtles. Lost damage. eats stamina like highlander never existed. and lost some tools. Technically speaking zerk has a new OOS mix up where from an OOS throw/parry you can get 2 side heavies for decent damage and it goes into an unblockable mix up. but that's providing you can even get them OOS to begin with.