PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Beta (spoilerish)

corvettee1
06-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I heard that there will be a beta for AC Brotherhood, and that it will only be for the PS3, is this true, a rumor, or unconfirmed. I would really like to know, only because I have and X-Box 360, and really, REALLY, want to play the multiplayer. Please post anything if you know.

corvettee1
06-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I heard that there will be a beta for AC Brotherhood, and that it will only be for the PS3, is this true, a rumor, or unconfirmed. I would really like to know, only because I have and X-Box 360, and really, REALLY, want to play the multiplayer. Please post anything if you know.

Deathgrim666
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
ps3 exclusive beta but xbox may get it later as a demo or something its confirmed that the beta is ps3 exclusive as of e3.

Invesco
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Any ideas when this'll be happening? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

EmperorxZurg
06-22-2010, 10:37 PM
the E3 footage said sometime around the middle of summer so probably soon. And they said the Beta was in fact exclusive, confirmed and all. If it goes to any other platform first though it'll be PC, 360 for once doesn't get an exclusive http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Deathgrim666
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
yeah i hope the beta is next month soo much.

Engioc
06-23-2010, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by corvettee1:
I heard that there will be a beta for AC Brotherhood, and that it will only be for the PS3, is this true, a rumor, or unconfirmed. I would really like to know, only because I have and X-Box 360, and really, REALLY, want to play the multiplayer. Please post anything if you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a beta, get over it. You will get to play the same game as everyone else once its released, why on earth are people so upset that you dont get to bug test it??? Do you enjoy playing games that constantly crash, have balance issues?

Go ahead and sign up for the beta test and get your name listed on the credits so I know who to blame when the game runs like ****.

Even though I am certain a beta will be done for PC I wont be signing up for it because I don't care, it's only a bug filled beta version.

You people signing up for beta, do you have to pay for this privilege bug testing?

Anyway you needn't get too concerned, exclusive means nothing these days. Exclusive just means till the clock ticks past the contract date, then they do whatever they want.

Ru1986
06-23-2010, 04:29 AM
I am just going to buy and enjoy the game to the best of my abilities this Beta stuff just seems unnecisary if you ask me.

Deathgrim666
06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
http://translate.google.com/tr...iveASIN%3DB003S3RD92 (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003S3RD92%3Fie%3DUTF8%26tag%3Dplayfront-21%26linkCode%3Das2%26camp%3D1638%26creative%3D674 2%26creativeASIN%3DB003S3RD92)

i guess dutch gets beta from preorder deal.

klaytonmh95
06-23-2010, 07:36 PM
good thing i have a ps3 but xbox could get it later on and if not then just wait to get the game.if xbox gets a demo NOT beta its most likly an offline demo.

http://assassinscreed-brotherhoods.webs.com/

SWJS
06-24-2010, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's only a bug filled beta version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Considering the purpose of a beta is to help eliminate bugs, you'd think it would be the most important thing in the world, considering how everyone kept claiming AC2 had more bugs than a roach motel.

Ahh, cynic hypocrasy, what would society do without you?

villy23
06-24-2010, 03:12 AM
hey will the beta be some special deal thing with pre order or something like that i really hope not. Should be in playstation store with a code for ac2 users or ubi members

El_Sjietah
06-24-2010, 03:24 AM
The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not they'll have a beta for PC. Because if they don't, that most likely means no dedicated server support, which in turn means multiplayer fail.

Engioc
06-24-2010, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's only a bug filled beta version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Considering the purpose of a beta is to help eliminate bugs, you'd think it would be the most important thing in the world, considering how everyone kept claiming AC2 had more bugs than a roach motel.

Ahh, cynic hypocrasy, what would society do without you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My suggestion would be to get some professional people to bug test it rather than a bunch of amateurs on here. I have no problem with beta testing, I simply don't understand why so many fans need to be one. Surely its better to play the game after the bugs are taken out. Fans beta testing will be more like them playing the game instead of finding bugs and properly reporting them.

People are treating it like a way of playing the game sooner then everyone else and getting all excited about bug testing, and the whole exclusive beta test, instead of realizing that it is indeed just bug testing and not supposed to be for your own fun. Beta test it for everyone otherwise it will end up having more bugs than AC2 because its not being taken seriously.

I guess what I'm saying here is, is this beta testing being taken seriously or will we end up with another game full of bugs? And I include the PS3 in that, Ubi might be hyping it up with exclusive beta test but will it achieve anything more than advertising. And how much do you really trust your fellow AC fans to do the job right?

SWJS
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Most people think the beta is some kind of demo to test drive the multiplayer.

Not a lot of them actually realize it's to test for bugs.

Just like they think Brotherhood is AC3, and how they thought Lucy was actually missing a finger.

So, yeah. You're right. I don't have a lot of faith for the bug testing. Unless someone competent got hold of the beta.

Engioc
06-24-2010, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Most people think the beta is some kind of demo to test drive the multiplayer.

Not a lot of them actually realize it's to test for bugs.

Just like they think Brotherhood is AC3, and how they thought Lucy was actually missing a finger.

So, yeah. You're right. I don't have a lot of faith for the bug testing. Unless someone competent got hold of the beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well actually I believe all is not lost for serious beta testing on ACB, I suspect this is really just another marketing ploy and they'll do some serious testing before, and maybe even after the public beta. I certainly hope that's the case for PS3 owners because otherwise it will be a disaster on release. As far as Xbox360/PC releases go, well unsure about a public beta test and to be honest I don't really care, as long as some serious beta test goes on before release I'll be happy, and I suspect a proper beta test will be done on all platforms.

Problem with public beta's I've seen in the past is that they only take on a pretty small percentage of fans and so you end up with a narrow point of view on what was good/bad about the game. Public beta games in the past have often turned out to be the most bug ridden and unbalanced games of all and you end up with most fans wondering exactly what the lucky few who did the beta test were doing. They listen and take views from too small a group and end up dumbing everything down more because a few fans thought it was too hard or some other silly thing like that. You can increase the number of people you accept but then you just run the risk of many bugs being not being addressed because there's simply too many thoughts/issues etc to sift through.

Although when you get professionals you still have a fairly small group of people they at least (hopefully) have more experience and are not just judging the game on their own abilities, they are more likely to have some idea of the gaming community as a whole. I don't really have a problem with a public beta I just hope its taken seriously by both Ubi and fans so we end up with a decent game at the end.

I guess the thing that prompted my posts about this is seeing other fans making statements basically sticking their tongue out at other fans because WE get a beta test and you dont so there. A number of posts I've read are a bit childish and it doesn't look like too many PS3 owners realise what a beta test is all about. I just hope Ubi do some professional beta testing behind the scenes as normal.

SWJS
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I agree.

Mr_Shade
06-25-2010, 03:35 AM
my 2 pennies..

I would imagine that the 'public' beta test is mainly to stress test the games network code.. and gameplay balances etc..

Any feedback provided with be filtered and considered, and I'm sure the dev team will take it under advisement.

The 'public' beta will provide important info, but I wouldn't worry too much about it messing the game up for others.

With the recent RUSE beta, which is one of my other games, they did take on board a lot of feed back, but that was a much wider selection of beta testers [since you could just download it]

I would not worry about certain peoples strong views making the game change too much, since I have faith that the team will balance it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That's assuming there is a beta... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I would suggest though, that if some people are 'lording' it up that they may have a beta, and other formats don't - that they do not post bragging about it, since that will make the forums unbearable.