PDA

View Full Version : Punches for Zerkers!

Alustar.
02-11-2018, 02:27 AM
To clarify, after seeing the rework announcement for berserker, I have to say, the only thing he is lacking is a form of crowd control.
Currently he is one of three heroes without a form of crowd control/opener, be it from neutral or as part of a chain. I think these tools are critical for what should be considered a full kit, Some kind of opener, or stun mid combo.

S0Mi_xD
02-11-2018, 03:50 AM
Basically i agree on the melee punch from mid chain but this will not solve his biggest problem right now - stamina.
If we should choose betwen the Slashing rush suggestion i made and a punch melee i would prefer the SR change, because tje stamina regen and dodging out of SR would make berserker more solid and would bind slashing rush into berserkers kit.

I already watched some vids on the reworks and i see that zerker burns so fast through his stamina this isn't normal anymore - also slashing rush is nearly dead right now.

Alustar.
02-11-2018, 04:15 AM
Basically i agree on the melee punch feom mod chain but this doea not solve his biggest problem right now - stamina.
If we should choose betwen the Slashing rush suggestion i made and a punch melee i would prefer the SR change, because tje stamina regen and dodging out of SR would make berserker more solid and would bind slashing rush into berserkers kit.

I already watched some vids on the reworks and i see that zerker burns so fast through his stamina this isn't normal anymore - also slashing rush is nearly dead right now.

I say why not have both. He honestly deserves it.

On that note, I had no idea he had that much stamina issues. After watching Gorechild run his Zerker I saw how quickly stamina was burned, if is worse, that's bad. :/

S0Mi_xD
02-11-2018, 10:38 AM
I say why not have both. He honestly deserves it.

On that note, I had no idea he had that much stamina issues. After watching Gorechild run his Zerker I saw how quickly stamina was burned, if is worse, that's bad. :/

Yeah man :O i know - i would give him both but say this to Ubi...
I only mean that i would, if we have to choose between both then i would go in first line for the SR suggestion i did.

The thing is - they didn't do any stamina changes on attacks or so except Slashing rush, and this is only a negative change - 5,5 times more stamina cost on slashing rush.
Befor the "rework" (i would rather say a kids band aid) Berserker had another pacing, abit slower but more constant - also you could safe some stamina for not feinting a heavy in chains but dodge cancel them - but therefor you dealt massive dmg with top heavy trades.

But ubisoft switched berserkers power from Raw dmg to a faster pace with those feints - more hits in a shorter time - therefor you have lower raw dmg and trades aren't worth it so much anymore.
Berserker got a "new" theme, or better said got his old theme solidified. He is now more of a relentless attacker, Berserker now relies even more on feints than befor.
More feints in a shorter time = higher stamina consumption.
Also berserker has like double stamina use on top heavy if you hit the enemy with it - that means, he now hits with half of the dmg on top heavy but still consums the same amount of stamina as befor.

Slashing rush was always a big help to start a chain, whiff an attack to lure the enemy but also to escape - and now with a cost of 65 you are more in danger after using it then befor.

Just take a look and see how fast the new berserker burn through his stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf2OGTPKPPE

FrappeWarrior
02-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Yeah man :O i know - i would give him both but say this to Ubi...
I only mean that i would, if we have to choose between both then i would go in first line for the SR suggestion i did.

The thing is - they didn't do any stamina changes on attacks or so except Slashing rush, and this is only a negative change - 5,5 times more stamina cost on slashing rush.
Befor the "rework" (i would rather say a kids band aid) Berserker had another pacing, abit slower but more constant - also you could safe some stamina for not feinting a heavy in chains but dodge cancel them - but therefor you dealt massive dmg with top heavy trades.

But ubisoft switched berserkers power from Raw dmg to a faster pace with those feints - more hits in a shorter time - therefor you have lower raw dmg and trades aren't worth it so much anymore.
Berserker got a "new" theme, or better said got his old theme solidified. He is now more of a relentless attacker, Berserker now relies even more on feints than befor.
More feints in a shorter time = higher stamina consumption.
Also berserker has like double stamina use on top heavy if you hit the enemy with it - that means, he now hits with half of the dmg on top heavy but still consums the same amount of stamina as befor.

Slashing rush was always a big help to start a chain, whiff an attack to lure the enemy but also to escape - and now with a cost of 65 you are more in danger after using it then befor.

Just take a look and see how fast the new berserker burn through his stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf2OGTPKPPE

i agree, and tbh i would really hate it for zerker to end up a feint light spammer...i mean on one hand they promote feint light spamming as it seems to be very effective, on the other hand you burn more stamina so you cant really spam. and your overall damage output is lower. so either give him back his raw damage or improve his stamina.

S0Mi_xD
02-11-2018, 11:29 AM
i agree, and tbh i would really hate it for zerker to end up a feint light spammer...i mean on one hand they promote feint light spamming as it seems to be very effective, on the other hand you burn more stamina so you cant really spam. and your overall damage output is lower.
Yeah - thats what he was and that's what he stays >.>
Many of us Berserker said, that we would prefer a melee attack over unblockables.

We made so many suggestions.

PDXGorechild
02-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Mannnn that stamina consumption is painful. So tough to manage, I agree itís gonna be his main problem. If they wanna make us feint all the time it needs a reduction in stam usage or something.

All over the idea of having a punch, like the one s0mi came up with ages ago.

S0Mi_xD
02-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Mannnn that stamina consumption is painful. So tough to manage, I agree it’s gonna be his main problem. If they wanna make us feint all the time it needs a reduction in stam usage or something.

All over the idea of having a punch, like the one s0mi came up with ages ago.
Yeah -.- Stamina will be even more a pain in the butt then befor.
About stamina cost reduction, i don't think this would be a good solution.
The Stamina Boost idea on SR would be a good way to integrate it into combat, giving berserker players a reason to use it and the enemy a reason to stop it instead of just watching until you are finished spinning backwards.

This here?
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725953-The-perfect-plan-to-justify-Berserkers-name!!-(summary-of-needed-buffs)

Edit:
Many people as for a[S] Unblockable or a Melee attack[/S (Combo finisher are now unblockable) ], but also many berserker mains don't want a cheesy move, because the like the feeling of pure mix up where is much skill involved, but still dodge lights are easy blocked and interrupt the flow of the Berserker.
So we made up a variant that would fit good with Berserker, and wouldn't be that cheesy.

Personally, it should fit into Berserkers Kit, but also shouldn't be that easy to spam "abusable".

Here the idea:
- a melee attack with the punch to the chest from the forward throw (love this punch)
- after a whiff cancel (ability: close combat)
- after a chained Heavy softfeint (ability: cancel attacks)
- input: GB after the dodge that cancels the whiff or the chained heavy
- counts as combostarter (would be good if you could follow it up with both heavy and light, if not with a heavy)
- deals stamina dmg + low dmg (2-3 dmg)
- stamina cost = not higher than a light attack (stamina management is already hard)
- speed 500ms but punishable on dodge, or 600 and not punishable with GB
- maybe knock down on OOS enemies
Possible follow ups against OOS:
1. Side heavy + top heavy = 75 + maybe 2 dmg from the melee
2. Or top heavy = 55 + maybe 2 dmg from the melee
(don't know if 1. would be to much, I think 2. would be already enough - the difference to Glad toe stab is, you can't do it out of neutral, so I am not sure about the punish)
- the attack can be delayable like spin chop

I guess this here would be enough:

Here the idea:
- a melee attack with the punch to the chest from the forward throw (love this punch)
- after a whiff cancel (ability: close combat)
- after a Heavy softfeint (ability: cancel attacks)
- input: GB after the dodge that cancels the whiff or the heavy
- counts as combostarter (would be good if you could follow it up with both heavy and light, if not with a heavy)
- deals stamina dmg
- stamina cost = not higher than a light attack (stamina management is already hard)
- speed 500ms but punishable on dodge, or 600 and not punishable with GB
- the attack can be delayable like spin chop