PDA

View Full Version : A Spartan Hero?

ILTRIVELLA85
02-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Who would like to see a Legendary Spartan Warrior in the game? after all, having put the Centurion and Gladiator is not as crazy as an idea...

Discuss...

https://ibb.co/hctnqn

BTTrinity
02-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Id rather see another Knight style character, and them stay away from that stuff for their next release. that might be just me tho

Tundra 793
02-10-2018, 03:38 PM
This has been discussed since Day 1 mate. Lots, and lots of people want a Spartan, but the problem they community has is how to make it unique.

The 2 most famous/recognizable Spartan stereotypes is a shield/spear combo, or a sword/shield one. Basically, he'd be another Valkyrie or Warlord. It's not impossible to make him work, but the community might be a bit skeptic as to how it'd be done best.
There's of course also the hurdle of getting Gerard Butler to do the voice.

ILTRIVELLA85
02-10-2018, 03:44 PM
There's of course also the hurdle of getting Gerard Butler to do the voice. that would be awesome!!!

Tundra 793
02-10-2018, 03:49 PM
that would be awesome!!!

I was being sarcastic, but aight...

Though personally I'd want future heroes to return to form. Seasons 2-4 brought us more, lets call them exotic heroes, outside the core scope of each faction. Highlander was Scottish, Cent/Glad was Roman etc.
I'd like to see the next round of new heroes conform better to classical Knight/Viking/Samurai stereotypes.

A bit more of that, and y'all can have all the topless oily Scottish Spartans you can handle.

ILTRIVELLA85
02-10-2018, 04:37 PM
I was being sarcastic, but aight...

Though personally I'd want future heroes to return to form. Seasons 2-4 brought us more, lets call them exotic heroes, outside the core scope of each faction. Highlander was Scottish, Cent/Glad was Roman etc.
I'd like to see the next round of new heroes conform better to classical Knight/Viking/Samurai stereotypes.

A bit more of that, and y'all can have all the topless oily Scottish Spartans you can handle.

then what kind of heroes we should get?

CandleInTheDark
02-10-2018, 04:57 PM
I'd prefer to see a couple more traditional knights first. I have zero problems with the centurion and gladiator, they were hinted at in the campaign and all, but they are a different culture to the rest, I want to see a return to the traditional knight before going to another culture.

Alustar.
02-10-2018, 05:00 PM
There's of course also the hurdle of getting Gerard Butler to do the voice.

I loled!

Tundra 793
02-10-2018, 05:08 PM
I loled!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/5hfcHFIqJOQnu/giphy-downsized.gif?cid=549b592d5a296e7a564775673689dbae

ILTRIVELLA85
02-10-2018, 06:02 PM
I'd prefer to see a couple more traditional knights first. I have zero problems with the centurion and gladiator, they were hinted at in the campaign and all, but they are a different culture to the rest, I want to see a return to the traditional knight before going to another culture.

I got that, but you have any exact idea of what kind of knights?

Orisoll
02-10-2018, 07:08 PM
I'd like to see more actual Knights instead. I picked the faction because I like medieval European style armor/weaponry, but so far all we've gotten are Romans. A heavy paladin with a warhammer or mace & kite shield would be pretty slick.

UbiJurassic
02-10-2018, 07:32 PM
A Spartan hero has definitely been a popular suggestion from players for quite some time and the ideas people have pitched for it have always been very interesting. Currently we are focusing bringing the original 12 up to speed with the rest of the heroes, but we're always open to hearing suggestions from players about what they'd like to see added in the future. :)

ILTRIVELLA85
02-11-2018, 12:33 AM
A heavy paladin with a warhammer or mace & kite shield would be pretty slick. This would be very cool too but not as the Spartan in my opinion.

A Spartan hero has definitely been a popular suggestion from players for quite some time and the ideas people have pitched for it have always been very interesting. Currently we are focusing bringing the original 12 up to speed with the rest of the heroes, but we're always open to hearing suggestions from players about what they'd like to see added in the future. :)

Then please make it, I'm sure so many people would start to play this game only because they can play this legendary warrior... make us happy!

Helnekromancer
02-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Give me a Knight or anyone that uses a Two-handed Spear for the love of god xD. An actual ranged fighter that can keep those assassins at bay. Because clearly Nobushi, Valk, and Lawbringer can't do it with their Polearms.

The_B0G_
02-11-2018, 06:45 AM
One thing I would like to bring up is this, we already have a boatload of heroes with every play style you can think up, we already have been informed it takes a ton of work to make brand new original armor sets. If we get even more characters then it will take even longer to get new original armor sets.

If we actually did get new characters I would like some middle eastern warriors like the immortals, or a mayan jaguar warrior, something different, but no gimics like shinobi, shaman and cent, just regular heroes with balanced kits and different combinations. I hear some people asking for more traditional characters but I think all those slots are basically covered.

The_B0G_
02-11-2018, 06:48 AM
Give me a Knight or anyone that uses a Two-handed Spear for the love of god xD. An actual ranged fighter that can keep those assassins at bay. Because clearly Nobushi, Valk, and Lawbringer can't do it with their Polearms.

Nobushi is pretty capable of keeping people at a distance in my opinion. LB should definitely have more range though, valk holds her spear half way up the shaft so its not such a surprise her range is mediocre.

FrappeWarrior
02-11-2018, 10:33 AM
as much as i would love to see a hoplite in the game (yeap im Greek :) ) i also think that the next knights hero should be a medieval one. i think it just moves too far from the knights idea

(cough* there are of course other ways to put new and original heroes in the game like a mercenary faction that doesnt have its own territory but fights for original 3 and has the ability to switch factions. of course that would mean that they dont get the dedicated faction rewards but there are other ways to reward them like steel/salvage/whatever. such a faction could include a number of ancient warriors like hoplites/Hindu warriors/use your imagination...*cough)

ILTRIVELLA85
02-11-2018, 01:12 PM
(cough* there are of course other ways to put new and original heroes in the game like a mercenary faction that doesnt have its own territory but fights for original 3 and has the ability to switch factions. of course that would mean that they dont get the dedicated faction rewards but there are other ways to reward them like steel/salvage/whatever. such a faction could include a number of ancient warriors like hoplites/Hindu warriors/use your imagination...*cough)

LOL exactly that's what I'm saying fillemu a Mercenary faction would be great, because clearly Centurion, Gladiator, Shaman & Highlander don't belong with their factions historically...

DeadPoemG9
01-02-2019, 03:28 PM
This is an old thread but anyway. As long as Spartans used shield/spear or shield/sword, why not both? I mean like highlander, a warrior who could change fighting forms. Maybe a unique choice to equip a spear or sword in the customization screen, and based on what you equipped, some moves would be different

Inzzane_79
01-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Too bad they gave the Spartan Kick to the Centurion :(

Buuuuuut, that kick would be great as a deflect mechanic of course each time with the sound effect "This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaa", so Players get annoyed by it like they do with the Centurion voice lines (yes, I hate that char with a passion)

Melikethegames
01-03-2019, 01:06 AM

im was it suggestion new sparta heroes and another ubiosff told me its Overpower heroes im told him its not Overpower heroes

yea think about ubiosft new idea heroes china ga# who have traps and JJ 400 ms light attack it not overpower heores ubisoft???

Melikethegames
01-03-2019, 01:10 AM

here my sparta suggestion https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1926476-Ubisoft-For-honor-new-idea-Sparta-faction

and im still really piss off

Mr.Etiam
01-03-2019, 05:13 AM
I wouldnt add a spartan per say i'd add more of a run of the mill hoplite greek soldier

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 06:32 AM
They should make a Spartan with a sword shield and spear that he can throw but has to retrieve the spear to use the ability again.

bannex19
01-03-2019, 07:06 AM
They should make a Spartan with a sword shield and spear that he can throw but has to retrieve the spear to use the ability again.

Because ranged works so well in this game...

Please not another meme hero.

I'd much rather see;
Seljuk Turks
Hussars
Saladin caliphate style warrior
A mace wielding hero
Mongolian
Yari samurai
Native American
Zulu
Rajput
Musketeer

Vakris_One
01-03-2019, 02:23 PM
im was it suggestion new sparta heroes and another ubiosff told me its Overpower heroes im told him its not Overpower heroes

yea think about ubiosft new idea heroes china ga# who have traps and JJ 400 ms light attack it not overpower heores ubisoft???

here my sparta suggestion https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1926476-Ubisoft-For-honor-new-idea-Sparta-faction

and im still really piss off
So where in that thread did a "Ubisoff" tell you "its Overpower heroes"?

I confuse about what make you so piss off.

???

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
01-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Because ranged works so well in this game...

Please not another meme hero.

I'd much rather see;
Seljuk Turks
Hussars
Saladin caliphate style warrior
A mace wielding hero
Mongolian
Yari samurai
Native American
Zulu
Rajput
Musketeer

Javelin throw works fine for val. Adding a weapon you can throw and retrieve would add more realism, epic kills, more dynamics during a fight, help with killing runaways like Pk and shinobi, when being ganked it could help with finishing off that player that hides behind his teammates that you were originally fighting and dominating but now is letting his teammates take care of you unless he/she can get a cheap shot in. Slow heavy characters could have a bolo rope to tripe an enemy fleeing.
I think it would be a great addition to for honor.