PDA

View Full Version : Another Berserker thread - if you could give him a new move, whatíd it be?

Kollarbones
02-10-2018, 01:32 PM
I donít want to be another person crying about the reworks before we get the chance to try them out, so Iím gonna try keep the complaining to a minimum. But I canít help but feel a little shortchanged as a Berserker main.

Sure, Kensei deserved an upgrade, but now he has plenty of options and definitely received the most love from the reworks. I also read that many people arenít happy with the Conqueror, but I personally donít think it sounds that bad. But as for the Berserker, he really didnít get anything. And as he is, as far as Iím aware, the hero with the smallest moveset, I think he deserved a new move or two more than anyone. Personally I adored the Berserker, regardless of all his flaws and limitations, and I feared the rework would ruin him. Like I said, I donít want to speak too soon as we havenít tried the reworks yet, but as far as I can tell, Iím really disappointed with the changes. But Iíll end the moaning there.

My main point here was that I wanted to bring up a suggestion that I think would have been an improvement for the Berserker. Iím pretty sure itís been discussed before so I apologise for repeating it, but I really think the Zerk could do with a minor move that could be used from neutral as well as being added in with his mix-ups. That move being some kind of punch. (or maybe even a headbutt! Thatíd be cool :p) It doesnít even need to do any damage, just something fast that will help break open a turtling opponent or bring more diversity to his mix-ups. I think it should work similarly to Raiderís stunning tap; stun them momentarily and/or stagger them a bit. It would definitely help the limited Berserker, it would fit in well with his character, but wouldnít be overpowering either even if someone attempted to spam it, since thereíd be no damage. And if dodged, possibly a free guard break. But the point of it should be hard to react to.

But hey, I can dream, right? Just curious to hear if anyone else has any other move suggestions they think would have been great to have in the Zerk rework, mainly because I just love talking about him. :D Be as realistic or crazy as you like, just wanna hear your thoughts.

S0Mi_xD
02-10-2018, 02:10 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725953-The-perfect-plan-to-justify-Berserkers-name!!-(summary-of-needed-buffs)?p=12845925#post12845925
A Melee attack idea.

FrappeWarrior
02-10-2018, 02:41 PM
dodge forward into unblockable punch which then can connect to light opener. use the same animation as the punch we have now in forward push. does 5 damage (or maybe no damage at all) and 10 stamina damage. in combination with the 15 light opener damage thats 20 damage and 10 stamina damage which is very reasonable. timing should be similar every other dodge into melee attack out there and missing should be punisable prob with a gb. its completely in line with the hero and with what other heroes have in their kit. it doesnt make him op or anything it just gives him another way to open instead having to rely solely on whiffs and feints.

Alustar.
02-10-2018, 02:53 PM
As I have been dating since the release of season 2, all classes need some form of crowd control, either from neutral or as pay off a chain, doesn't matter, as long as get all have it.
As it stands, the entire original assassin cast had no access to any of these, and they are game changing. If you truly want to combat the defensive beta and reward attacking, every hero needs to have abilities that force a reaction. Predictable unlockable hits only.

As an example, I love my peacekeeper. But as is, I doubt be touching her again until she gets brought up to the level of the new release heroes. Why would I bother running a hero that is so predictable?

Kollarbones
02-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Very well said! Thanks for showing me the thread.

Do you think adding a stun to the punch would be too much? If so, how would you feel about two options: a normal, fast punch that just does stamina damage, or a charged punch that is slower, more telegraphed, but also stuns. I also enjoy the idea of a charged punch (an uppercut animation would be nice) knocking an enemy down. Might be getting ahead of myself with that one, but Iím sure itíd be a move that most people would soon learn how to counter.

Kollarbones
02-10-2018, 03:06 PM
As I have been dating since the release of season 2, all classes need some form of crowd control, either from neutral or as pay off a chain, doesn't matter, as long as get all have it.
As it stands, the entire original assassin cast had no access to any of these, and they are game changing. If you truly want to combat the defensive beta and reward attacking, every hero needs to have abilities that force a reaction. Predictable unlockable hits only.

As an example, I love my peacekeeper. But as is, I doubt be touching her again until she gets brought up to the level of the new release heroes. Why would I bother running a hero that is so predictable?

Agreed.

I also love PK, rep 40 with her, and itís just as hard as Zerk to open up a turtle. Iíve never quite understood why so many people claim her to be OP, she really doesnít have many options. The one thing I hate is light spamming PKs, but Iíve met a fair share of players who have parried any lights Iíve thrown out, and when that happens, itís pretty much game over. All heroes should definitely have some kind of reliable opener, anything will do, no matter how minor.

Kollarbones
02-10-2018, 03:21 PM
dodge forward into unblockable punch which then can connect to light opener. use the same animation as the punch we have now in forward push. does 5 damage (or maybe no damage at all) and 10 stamina damage. in combination with the 15 light opener damage thats 20 damage and 10 stamina damage which is very reasonable. timing should be similar every other dodge into melee attack out there and missing should be punisable prob with a gb. its completely in line with the hero and with what other heroes have in their kit. it doesnt make him op or anything it just gives him another way to open instead having to rely solely on whiffs and feints.

I like the dodge attack idea. Would this forward dash punch take place of Head Slicer though, or would it be another input?
Gotta love the animation for Head Slicer, even though I scarcely use it. :p

If I could pick a forward dodge attack, itíd gotta be some form of headbutt, haha. Thatíd look pretty awesome.

Redkey.
02-10-2018, 05:08 PM
In general, im satisfyed with a current berserker, It's pretty boring playing against ppl who fishing for parry or gb, spammingabusing, or turtles. I hope new combo rules, and charge will change something in this direction. Looks promising.

Moveset is not really fat, but his dancing ability produce alot of different combinations.

P.S. I would love to see a nice jucy Kick for a GB\GB in the future. So just take your last Fatality animation, cut the last frames and Tadaam.

Tundra 793
02-10-2018, 05:11 PM
if you could give him a new move, what’d it be?

Unblockable, spammable drop kick.

Redkey.
02-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Yeah, just what i'm saying - like the last Finisher, So, you losing a lot of frame and open yourself for a few heavy's, but you can shoot a character on a good distance. Like a real barbarian.

Redkey.
02-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Nooo. Only on the edge of my Drakkar.:)