PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers on console

Titanodragon
02-10-2018, 09:29 AM
This better not take a month after the PC ones get it. If you take too long the returning people will just leave and never come back.

And please stop giving us the soon™ **** it's really annoying. "PC gets it Feb 19, console will be soon™, not sure how soon™, but soon™"

I want to be able to enjoy this game but coming from a match where you consistently have lag spikes and then just get back from resynching and die is infuriating.

PablO_Chaconn
02-10-2018, 01:06 PM
I no it’s annoying. I’m on PS4 and last weekend I tried playing dominion, in one hour of joining games and getting kicked I didn’t play a single game , now when I play tribute it works perfectly fine but to be honest with you Iv gave up on the game mode tribute because it’s over run with shamans

PablO_Chaconn
02-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Oh forgot to mention, I haven’t played for honor for a whole week now . I’ll try again tonight seems as it’s the weekend .

Kelson27
02-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Oh.... I had gotten my hopes up for the 19th thinking they were coming to consoles. That’s a lemon.

Mirage6201
02-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Pc can roll updates to bugs faster. They probably want to see how it rolls out first and if nothing needs fixing they will roll out consoles. This is my opinion.

Tundra 793
02-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Pc can roll updates to bugs faster. They probably want to see how it rolls out first and if nothing needs fixing they will roll out consoles. This is my opinion.

Pope more or less confirmed this at Thursday's live stream. The PC servers will basically be the final test before going live on all platforms. If the PC launch goes well, it shouldn't be long before they hit both consoles.
If it doesn't go well... At least console users don't have to suffer for it.

CandleInTheDark
02-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Pope more or less confirmed this at Thursday's live stream. The PC servers will basically be the final test before going live on all platforms. If the PC launch goes well, it shouldn't be long before they hit both consoles.
If it doesn't go well... At least console users don't have to suffer for it.

That makes sense and I hope it all goes smoothly, as someone who plays quite a few characters and wants to get them up to rep 7 as opposed to focussing on one though I wish they weren't doing double xp before servers come in, likely it is going to be another three months before it can be used against actual players in 4v4.

brashtralas
02-10-2018, 05:52 PM
These are my thoughts on the situation, which I posted in another thread.

What’s THE #1 thing associated with season 5?

Dedicated servers.

What will most people that quit the game due to connection do?

They’ll get on day 1 of season five expecting the awesome new servers and get the same connection they rage quit over. Then for honors second chance is over.

The responsible thing for Ubisoft to do is push back season five, release the servers for pc out of season, the release the console servers, THEN announce a relaunch of the game with year 2’season 1.

In my opinion, they’re making a huge mistake.

EDIT: So just ran into an interesting bug. I literally just read five or so posts by Fady, and now all of his posts are gone. Not sure what happened, there.

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 06:29 PM
While I cant know the timeline, because none of us can, there is another factor to consider:

Patches being rolled onto console take an extra step by the console manf. themselves requiring a review period. Sony and MS literally hold up every single update.

It could be that Ubi had the servers finalized for the 19th at the last second, and now are waiting for both consoles to cooperate.

SammyCannon
02-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Well on PC you can atleast have 120fps and very low input lag gear.
With 30 fps and slow input lag I think console needs servers the most and with shaman and other bs characters already in there, s5 can be a disaster for console with the reworks. If thats rolled out before servers.

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 07:42 PM
They test dedicated servers on the platform that is least risky. There is a tiny player base on PC. If things go bonkers, less people will be mad. They can change code at will. I'm sure the Sony/MS quality control makes changes take longer than on PC where Ubisoft are in total control themselves.

Knight_Raime
02-10-2018, 07:53 PM
tbh as long as we get them in season 5 i'll be fine.
I mainly duel so the dedicated servers will not effect me much.
More so the lag comp system coming with them is what will effect me the most.

UbiInsulin
02-10-2018, 08:21 PM
The metaphor that was used (on the AoW livestream) to explain the decision to go live on PC first was "we're changing the engine of the car while it's still running." PC is a more agile platform for the team to react to any unforeseen issues.

The goal is obviously still to bring dedicated servers to console players ASAP.

ChampionRuby50g
02-10-2018, 10:24 PM
I’ll be honest in saying seeing that us console players have to wait an unforeseen amount of time while PC gets their servers almost straight after season 5 rubbed me the wrong way, I gotta say I understand why. As much as I’d like Dedicated Servers now, i would prefer to wait while PC players beta test it for another week or so, so we console players have less issues on release and it’s smoother for everyone.

Titanodragon
02-10-2018, 10:59 PM
I’ll be honest in saying seeing that us console players have to wait an unforeseen amount of time while PC gets their servers almost straight after season 5 rubbed me the wrong way, I gotta say I understand why. As much as I’d like Dedicated Servers now, i would prefer to wait while PC players beta test it for another week or so, so we console players have less issues on release and it’s smoother for everyone.

We have already had a beta test. I understand why they are doing it. But it's going to back fire because the average person who quit for honor will be on day one and be disconnected first match and never play again. Someone has already said to move the date back but Ubisoft has very selective hearing when it comes to the community.

ChampionRuby50g
02-10-2018, 11:16 PM
We have already had a beta test. I understand why they are doing it. But it's going to back fire because the average person who quit for honor will be on day one and be disconnected first match and never play again. Someone has already said to move the date back but Ubisoft has very selective hearing when it comes to the community.

I know we already have, but it’s a much preferable option to me to have multiple tests and a smooth launch than one beta test then a flop. I agree that a lot of players will return and be disappointed with the new season, I even saw an article that stated falsely servers come with the release of the Seasom and brought that to the attention of the mods. This is a case of Ubi needing to be more transparent with the player base, and communicating that via other platforms instead of just reddit. A message needs to appear in-game at the start of the season explaining the server rollout so there is no confusion.

Titanodragon
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM
I know we already have, but it’s a much preferable option to me to have multiple tests and a smooth launch than one beta test then a flop. I agree that a lot of players will return and be disappointed with the new season, I even saw an article that stated falsely servers come with the release of the Seasom and brought that to the attention of the mods. This is a case of Ubi needing to be more transparent with the player base, and communicating that via other platforms instead of just reddit. A message needs to appear in-game at the start of the season explaining the server rollout so there is no confusion.

We have wanted Ubisoft to be more transparent since the game came out (they have gotten a little better) but it's not that great. We still get the soon™ treatment, which is beyond annying. I'm just tired of oh we have this big announcement and then hit with the "you will get it soon™".

The funny thing is. The beta that came out on consoles was ten times better than what we are playing with now. It would have been nice if they just left it in (I know that leaving it in would not have been the best move, but better than getting disconnected all the time)

Vakris_One
02-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Console players just gotta be patient a little while longer in exchange for getting the best experience the devs can give. Let the PC players be the guiney pigs/beta testers and then after that you'll get the more refined experience right out the gate.

We're all in this together as For Honor's community and we all have parts to play in helping to make the best possible game for all of us to enjoy.

GeneraISoIo
02-13-2018, 09:59 PM
Just a little longer, just a little longer. I'm pretty tired of that. Anyways. I agree with both sides of this thread. Yes, we should get the best experience for when servers launch and that means testing and PC allows this to happen better. Yea, got that. Easy fix, release on PC before the season release so the dedicated servers could launch at season 5. I agree with OP, a lot of people will come back, see the CORE PROBLEMS are still there and NEVER return!! I was expecting them at launch of season 5. Glad PC is getting them on the 19th. Just saying, I don't even play, I'm just waiting to return, if at ALL!!!!! I'm currently having plenty of fun on MHW and if the dedicated servers aren't out by the time Far Cry comes out, then I really will have no point in returning. I will have tried to wait an entire F#$%ing year for the game to properly work and NOPE. HURRY UP!!!!