PDA

View Full Version : "Don't nerf Shaman, just make every other character as strong as her!"

DoodTheMan
02-10-2018, 02:00 AM
*Imagines LB with heavies that are as fast as his lights
*Imagines Raider who can soft feint Stunning tap from any direction
*Imagines Shugoki getting down on all fours and doing an instantaneous pouncing Demon Embrace

Pls no.

Jrock42_
02-10-2018, 02:27 AM
I laughed harder than I should have

Vakris_One
02-10-2018, 02:38 AM
You had me at the Shugo on all fours, now I wanna see that :D

But in all seriousness making other characters as strong as her doesn't mean copying her move for move and speed for speed. What it does mean is enabling all the other characters to have a certain flow to their kit like she does and giving them more variety so they can handle more than one situation, like she can.

Just look at the Kensei and Conq rework for example. Both of them were given a lot more adaptability and versatility. They weren't given Shaman's moveset or speed. The main point was to give them more options in how they can attack so that they aren't easy to completely shut down. That's what people mean when they say that all characters should be brought up to Shaman's level. They mean that all characters should have a variety of options unique to them.

BTTrinity
02-10-2018, 03:06 AM
LMAO the shugoki doing shamans pounce would be one hell of a sight

Playing_Mantis
02-10-2018, 05:09 AM
I actually agree, don't make all characters super powerful. but shaman does need nerfing if thats going to be the case. she does have too much.

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Nobushi can cancel her zone and heavies into a bleed stab.

Warlord can ledge far in ALL directions.

Orochi has double lights from ALL directions.

xX_The_B_Dur_Xx
02-10-2018, 01:32 PM

Orochi only has double light overhead lol

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Orochi only has double light overhead lol

Those were hypothetical statements in the same manner of what OP just said.

Sakansis
02-10-2018, 03:05 PM
I’m just saying, but there’s a logic gap there when you think that the 12 original characters all need buffs to catch up with the six newer characters. If that’s the case, the six new characters should be brought down or they simply shouldn’t have been made to outclass the original cast to begin with.

There’s a reason why each character had the move sets that they did. Given that there were a few balance issues that could be fixed with number changes and maybe some reworks, it really goes to show how out of bounds the newest characters are when they have three categories to fit in as opposed to the two that the other 16 characters have (here I mean the ones like Adaptable and Disabler).

Just imagine if every single character had the expansive toolkit of the Shaman. Everyone would probably rage quit because there would be far too many options and feints to react to and you just wouldn’t be able to keep up anymore. The game would be healthier over time after a couple of nerfs rather than several overhauls and I think that would free up a lot of development time to focus on other parts of the game.

BTTrinity
02-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Nobushis kick also does 50 damage while the target is bleeding.

UbiJurassic
02-10-2018, 07:40 PM
*Imagines Shugoki getting down on all fours and doing an instantaneous pouncing Demon Embrace

I'm pretty much sold on this.

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 07:48 PM
It has to be a OHK. :cool:

SammyCannon
02-10-2018, 11:39 PM
Or make a new game? Seems strange to me to put in only a few "next gen" characters and at the same time say you are focusing on balance?
For what, top PC play? How many are they?

Vakris_One
02-11-2018, 03:22 AM
Or make a new game? Seems strange to me to put in only a few "next gen" characters and at the same time say you are focusing on balance?
For what, top PC play? How many are they?
It's just me, my dog and Zero Craic ;) :p