PDA

View Full Version : Refinement, am I the Only One who's Pissed?

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 12:26 AM
If it can only be done with the gear found in season 5, that means all the gear we have now is pointless, less than the best.

I suppose we can save it for visual matching, but that means even more steel to spend before hitting the best stats and having the gear I truly want.

Now, I know that stats don't really mean that much outside of using what fits your playstyle, I'm just *****ing that all the gear I've collected for 11 reps of PK, 4 reps of Valk, 3 of HL, and 1 of Orochi need to be replaced. Argh!

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Not worth it. Save your Steel.

I probably will with one exception....
My PK will be fully upgraded or I will die trying!

Vakris_One
02-10-2018, 02:47 AM
1k steel and god knows how much salvage for 0.1% of an improvement on all stats and a yellow dot. I was never a fan of gear stats in this game to begin with but even I have to wonder what the point of "Refinement" is for 0.1%.

I would understand if there was some kind of cool visual effect on refined gear or it unlocked a special execution effect but it doesn't. It's purely for throwing steel and salvage away. Maybe if they make acquiring steel quicker I might be interested but with steel acquisition at the slow rate it is now, I'll pass.

Jiblet2017
02-10-2018, 02:55 AM
1k steel and god knows how much salvage for 0.1% of an improvement on all stats and a yellow dot. I was never a fan of gear stats in this game to begin with but even I have to wonder what the point of "Refinement" is for 0.1%.

I would understand if there was some kind of cool visual effect on refined gear or it unlocked a special execution effect but it doesn't. It's purely for throwing steel and salvage away. Maybe if they make acquiring steel quicker I might be interested but with steel acquisition at the slow rate it is now, I'll pass.

I actually really like your suggestion of adding a visual effect to refined gear. The stat bonus seems pretty underwhelming but it would be cool at have something like a very minor particle effect or a reskin on refined gear to show that this is your main and you have spent a lot of time and effort topping them off.

As of Now, even though I love my pk and nobushi, I don't think I will be putting too much emphasis on refinement for .1% and a yellow dot upon full set completion.

I hate to say, but as of now it seems like a steel dump - but it's optional so I can't really complain.

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 03:31 AM
There was a long period where nothing they released interested me and I got up to over 100k steel just by playing (I'll never buy it). When that happens again I will refine some gear. Currently I'm at 26k and with the 9 effects equipped at a time coming I will be spending some more.

The_B0G_
02-10-2018, 04:53 AM
It gives very minimal bonuses, they said it's basically a way to show off your fully geared character. You won't notice a difference with stats. If you don't want to blow steel on them, don't. It's not a big deal.

Hormly
02-10-2018, 05:11 AM
Clearly a useless steel sink. Dont fall for it

The_B0G_
02-10-2018, 05:14 AM
Clearly a useless steel sink. Dont fall for it

Exactly, that's basically what they said when they announced it. Besides the don't fall for it part.

mrmistark
02-10-2018, 05:36 AM
that all the gear I've collected for 11 reps of PK, 4 reps of Valk, 3 of HL, and 1 of Orochi need to be replaced. Argh!

Ummmm....can we back up here please?

Anyone else not understand this part? I donít understand why youíd need to immediately replace gear of a rep 4, 3, and 1? Iím not trying to be rude, buying and getting a rockin low tier gear/armor set is completely your prerogative, but my friend....if you think these lower reps donít need a replacement of gear from here and youíre investing crates or steal it seems like an awful waste. Doesnít even make sense to buy any sort of savage boxes until rep 7 as loot drops if patient enough will get you the perfect stats for what you want.

If you really want to refine your PK thatíd only be a one set, not HORRIBLE but also not worth it like others said. Honestly Iím not in love with any one set of any of the heroes. Is that weird? I mix match everything cause honestly a lot of the different sets look better with different pieces together, almost like the set itself is the mismatch and the misfit weapon pieces put together were what the weapon was actually supposed to look like. Especially kenseis. Got a sweet gold and black dragon hilt and the ACTUAL guard is a giant square that half red and half gold. Set does NOT match at all.... looks rediculous.

HazelrahFirefly
02-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Nah, thats my reps since reaching rep 8 per each of those characters.

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Yeah. I'm not going to spend any steel on this. Steel is to hard to earn to justify the cost.