PDA

View Full Version : Attention Game Community

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Can you guys please add Japanese Dialogue and Subtitles options. Also can yu please add with parry changes, side step back step to avoid grab. I been playing since For Honor first release so i know what combat system you are aim for & creating

bmason1000
02-10-2018, 08:07 AM
If you allow dodges to avoid gb, then dodge has no punish.

Tyrjo
02-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Yep, you can't remove GB-vulnerability on dodge. I'm guessing you play an assassin and want dodge to be a free "I win move" for you.

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 10:00 AM
No i actually play Samurai Hybrids I just honesty feel as you should be able to side step Gb. And yes dodge would have punishment.

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Also side step and back step should be way more responsive. All the buttons should be way more responsive

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Besides i mean simply side step Gb not dodge

Alustar.
02-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Side step and dodge are the same thing. And it's not going to happen. I pay assassins almost exclusively, and this is the only thing limiting their mobility. Take awayconfirmed GB from dodge and assassins all be overpowered.

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Not really GB just needs to be more avoidable im tired of side steppn & still getn Gb.

Alustar.
02-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Not really GB just needs to be more avoidable im tired of side steppn & still getn Gb.

I had this problem to, the issue is learning to predict feint-grabs and grabs from neutral. You should not be trying to side step a grab, grabbing is for defensive breaks and dodging is a defensive maneuver.

pittsburgh412W
02-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I honestly just hate wen the warden goes for his leap forward unblockable and i try to side step with im very great at and he faint into a grab and can still catch me wile im side stepping. That is honestly broken to me💯 same with cent' my side step should be way more responsive fighting him. Thats like the only way to defend yourself fighting that guy. Im a rep 16 Arumusha so im not just some avg joe. I just hope the game community acknowledge and real For Honor notice what im talking about. If you dont agree to the side step mech' then you must love Gb 😂😂

Vakris_One
02-10-2018, 10:15 PM
I honestly just hate wen the warden goes for his leap forward unblockable and i try to side step with im very great at and he faint into a grab and can still catch me wile im side stepping. That is honestly broken to me💯 same with cent' my side step should be way more responsive fighting him. Thats like the only way to defend yourself fighting that guy. Im a rep 16 Arumusha so im not just some avg joe. I just hope the game community acknowledge and real For Honor notice what im talking about. If you dont agree to the side step mech' then you must love Gb 😂😂
No, it's just that some people may know how to play better than you and GB is not such a huge problem for them. Suggesting that dodge should avoid a guardbreak is to let dodge be unpunishable and that's not how this game's rock, paper, scissors fight system works. There must always be at least 1 direct hard counter to any move in the game - that's how it's been since the very first Alpha.

The Warden's shoulder bash spam is highly annoying, no denying that in my opinion but you do have some options.

1) Roll back as soon as he starts the bash. His GB will whiff if you were quick enough.

2) Don't play the guessing game by dodging. Just stay in place, tank the hits and wait for the GB.

3) Learn the other player's pattern and know when to dodge and when to counter GB. Most Wardens I meet tend to go for a cancel into GB on their second and third consecutive shoulder bashes or right away if I'm OOF. Keep in mind they will also be studying your patterns so try not to be too predictable and mix it up with a roll away if they really abuse the crap out of their SB.

Cent's kick and punch are quite readable and you can dodge them on reaction. You shouldn't be trying to dodge his sword strikes. Block them, parry them or use blade blockade if he's letting too many uncharged heavies fly or using lights. Look out for his heavy soft cancel into GB and you should be able to shut him down. If he's turtling and can parry your lights then he is a bigger problem due to Cent's strength being in his parry punishes. In that case get some distance, whiff your first light and go into Ara's soft feint chains. If he's still parrying your lights then welcome to the world of a mediocre character such as Ara being completely shut down becuase his kit is very limited. Your only answer to someone who can parry lights like an MLG pro hopped up on caffeine is to feint your zone and leap attacks into GB and hope for the best.

pittsburgh412W
02-11-2018, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the tips. But i guess if they dont update side step to be more responsive then i will use your tips

Alustar.
02-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the tips. But i guess if they dont update side step to be more responsive then i will use your tips

They won't, trust us.