PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Kensei's new weaknesses...

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 03:22 PM
I wonder what punishes you can land on him now with new pummel hilt bash unblockable into his guarantee light... It's good but it's still telegraphed, he has to throw out a heavy and cancel into it for it work... So you can see it coming from a mile away against people that spam it, it's just a tool to be used every now and then to mix things up. Curious thing is can he follow up with light regardless of it whiffing? if so then it will be a very powerful tool and I take it back on using it "every now and then," and would probably advocate to just abuse it to hell; but it doesn't take half your stamina like gladiators zone.

What made the Kensei mu vs Highlander mu so tricky is because Kensei could easily counter dodge in the match up vs highlander...

If Highlander started off in offensive stance, dodged any of Kensei's follow up attacks, highlander would then proceed to dodge while in offensive stance and counter with unblockable kick into his balors might punish... Thing is Kensei could cancel into unblockable to quickly cancel into another side attack to punish highlander... Now Kensei is getting even more cancels into his side dodge attacks. I just don't want him to be all about canceling to avoid all the possible punishes he would take but again i'll wait but it makes me nervous lol. If that's the case i'll main that man myself.

Gonna be interesting developing counter play against him though but if dodges are useless as punishing options vs him he's gonna "one up shaman." and actually be a better character then shaman by far.

Tyrjo
02-09-2018, 06:36 PM
A guard break for a dodged pommel strike is what I expect. Anything else would be OP.

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 06:39 PM
That's what I hope I get as well... but if he can follow up with a light attack.... oh boy lol

Devils-_-legacy
02-09-2018, 06:41 PM
I dought there will be any free gbs anymore they took them off parry I don't think they will give for a dodge

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 06:43 PM
nah there's still free gb's depending on what move you dodge... Gladiator being the most simple. Dodge toe stab and you get a free gb

Devils-_-legacy
02-09-2018, 06:49 PM
But they just took it off wardens aoe Imo i hope there moving away from free damage

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Warden didn't get a rework and you can still block his zone.

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 07:03 PM
If they allow him to be safe after whiffing that, I'm picking him up starting from rep 1 and getting him to rep 50 lmao

RenegadeTX2000
02-09-2018, 07:55 PM
If they allow him to use a light right after a whiff he will be able to 100% some characters with slow side to side movement, if they dodge pummel they get punished by light. only option is to roll away so every time they are in front of Kensei, they auto lose the match. lol

Tyrjo
02-09-2018, 09:54 PM
I dought there will be any free gbs anymore they took them off parry I don't think they will give for a dodge

There is a tonne of moves with unblockable properties that are punishable with a GB if dodged. Conqueror Shield Bash is the only exception that comes to mind. (Raider and Kensei can punish it though)

iiRAINBOW_DASH
02-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Kensei is now Kenseimusha

Vakris_One
02-09-2018, 11:40 PM
Funny how when Aramusha came out he was basically a slightly better version of the Kensei than the actual Kensei. Now Kensei will become the Super Saiyan God version of Aramusha

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/39/35/56393530f2bd0fa3dd4450cc40cd409d.gif

RenegadeTX2000
02-10-2018, 01:25 AM
I swear if Kensei is on some roids. Kensei mains about to be mad when they see my rep 1 out of the blue never used him since launch and beating them in the ditto lmao. Not gonna come slice my neck off 24/7 =-0