PDA

View Full Version : A new God is born

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 10:40 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/cf787baec57968b55ef49df23ae53cf9/tumblr_mutq65XWUf1saqi90o1_1280.jpg

The day has come - the End of a Era - the End of a fearless Warrior...

And out of those Holy Flames she walks proudly into Valhalla.
Feasting - Drinking - Laughing !!!!
And still she misses something...

She decided her fate...
Soon she will return to taste the blood and salt... as a God.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So basically i thought about those changes and you all will feel the real despair.
People think Shaman or Aramusha are the feint cancer, and PK is the light spammer cancer....

Well now comes the God of Cancer!!!

How to player the God?
Well ... i'll tell you....

- always start with a heavy
- feint it into a 400ms light with hyperarmor
- chain a heavy feint and repeat

Infinit feint light spam - GG

Sauronbaine
02-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Bought Time Kensei was OP. >:P

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure I can agree. it sounds proper powerful on paper. but it's not really changing her main gameplay. which is feinting into a raw light or feinting into a raw heavy. difference now though is the zerker has the option to trade with it or just parry like usual. Seeing as how she's got assassin health I don't think trading very frequently is going to be smart.

and 400ms sounds fast yes. but it's just moving the goal post. it's only 100ms faster than what most lights are in the game. It's not really making you adjust more in my opinion. Though it's easy for me to say this when i've been reacting to shamans bleed poke often enough as is. I do feel sorry for people who already don't have good reaction times. But not sorry enough to not want the change in.

RiceComboA
02-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Wait, that sounds really familiar....

Oh it's Aramusha in super Saiyan form!

Arekonator
02-08-2018, 11:56 PM
I thought the opening light is still 500ms, after feint it just gets armor and 400ms is only after the 1st hit in the chain. At least thats how i understand it from patchnotes.

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 11:57 PM
I thought the opening light is still 500ms, after feint it just gets armor and 400ms is only after the 1st hit in the chain. At least thats how i understand it from patchnotes.

yeah it's specifically a light after a feinted heavy.

Arekonator
02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
yeah it's specifically a light after a feinted heavy.

Oh, right, i checked the patchnotes again and i aparently overlooked this line:

Side Light Openers are now 400ms if used immediately after a Feint.
I guess if it proves to be too much, they can always tone it down.
That being said, i have to second Fady concerns in that i am not very fond of continual increase of the combat pace, with focus on more speed, more unblockables. Oh well, we will see how it turns out.

Arekonator
02-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Not a bad game. Quite fun too.
But just radical change of style.

Arekonator
02-09-2018, 12:20 AM
Bet you in S6 all heroes are gonna have 300ms unblockable charged hyperarmored lights that can also chain into aerial attacks and Hadouken blasts.

Delet this before devs notice!

Knight_Raime
02-09-2018, 12:21 AM
Oh, right, i checked the patchnotes again and i aparently overlooked this line:

I guess if it proves to be too much, they can always tone it down.
That being said, i have to second Fady concerns in that i am not very fond of continual increase of the combat pace, with focus on more speed, more unblockables. Oh well, we will see how it turns out.

considering it's only side lights and it's always from a fairly obvious telegraphed hard feinted heavy I doubt it will be a huge deal. Clearly it's going to hurt players a lot more who already struggle to deal with something as simple as mushu combos.

I am cautious. 400ms is where things are walking a line. if it got any faster that would be overboard. but so far the only 400ms attack i'm not 100% fond of is pk's zone cancel. all other 400ms attacks in my opinion are reactable enough due to the situations in which they show up. pk doesn't have any setup for it.

Knight_Raime
02-09-2018, 12:22 AM
Bet you in S6 all heroes are gonna have 300ms unblockable charged hyperarmored lights that can also chain into aerial attacks and Hadouken blasts.

I would throw money at the screen to have aerial attacks.
Anything to actually increase movement importance in combat.

Knight_Raime
02-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Exactly, same feels here. My skepticism will grow twice as large by S6.

Double backflips into the air then double axe kick into uppercut into bleed proc, because why not

At least no one will complain about Centurion anymore ahhah

"a spire is forming"

Arekonator
02-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Double backflips into the air then double axe kick into uppercut into bleed proc, because why not

At least no one will complain about Centurion anymore ahhah

Sounds like fun concept for "For Honor classical 2D fighter spinoff"

Knight_Raime
02-09-2018, 12:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/wUiqvl9.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/IjjSfGIueTqxO/giphy.gif

PDXGorechild
02-09-2018, 12:40 AM
I think well have to wait and see. Dance of the paired blades is more lethal, if started with a feinted light does 15 damage at 400ms and 25 for heavy at 600ms and so on after damage alterations. 40 damage per second without gear stats. The lights are pretty nasty but heavy still very parryable at 600ms. Hoping it doesnt force Berserkers to feint every single heavy to a light. This will be taxing on stamina.

The top heavy combo finisher damage reduction from 55 to 30 hurt a bit but bear mauler does a tasty 100 damage now I think with the final hit being unblockable on both, which is great but not really safe or viable at high level play, though it will be fun for churning up noobs in 4v4.

Changes to head splitter, head crusher, zone attack and slashing rush were all necessary and look on point on paper.

Mixed feelings about deflect. It will be useful to get away easier from deflects in group fights, but the brute force was useful when deflects were done by accident, gives you a split second to realise and act.

Did we lose the ability to dodge cancel attacks? This was part of my mind games, not happy about that but oh well.

Stamina punish was a bit crazy. Oh well, fun while it lasted. No punch damage and less stamina drain. Be interesting to see what, if anything takes the place of side heavy > top heavy whilst your opponent is on the deck.

Dunno what that blue spinny sh!t is all about.

Overall quite happy tbh, need to test it out to know for sure. Took some nice buffs and a few nerfs, some obviously necessary.

Vikings just won the tournament on live den bwahahahahahahah!!!!

EvoX.
02-09-2018, 12:58 AM
More 400ms attacks?

Just... why?

NinjaRonin85
02-09-2018, 01:17 AM
I play on ps4 i hate 400ms attacks you need to be blessed by the gods to parry or block that crap, plus no servers on ps4 yet just makes it worse, honestly just remove all the other classes they are fun to play just don't fit the meta on ps4.

bmason1000
02-09-2018, 02:00 AM
I'm really disappointed, personally. I'd rather have the 55 damage top than an unblockable that does 30. There was no issue with that attack being blocked. It either lands, or gets parried. That attack was indescribably good for trading, as in used at times it couldn't be blocked anyway. Any time it CAN be blocked, it will get parried, which hasn't changed. That attack will land just as often as it used to only now it does nearly half the damage. Overall, this is a net nerf for that attack.

When's the last time you even got to the 3rd attack in the heavy chain? When's the last time you got to the third heavy and DIDN'T get parried or dodged? Just like the other finish, making it unblockable changes nothing even with the damage buff. It could be a 500 damage unblockable, it doesn't matter.

Slashing rush was a highly under utilised attack that now can't execute and has massive stamina drain. It will be even less utilised now.

400ms lights in a chain, 400ms lights after a feint, these are definitely bonuses. As is the earlier startup of hyper armor on head slicer and feinting not canceling hyper armor.

Throw changes...? Not happy, but they're whatever. Deflect change, in to it.

Overall, what we've done is weaken zerks ability to push out heavy damage with trades and give them incredible cheese lights. We've traded zerks identity and unique playstyle to make them another unreactable light spamming assassin.

Boo. Boo this rebalance.

PDXGorechild
02-09-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm really disappointed, personally. I'd rather have the 55 damage top than an unblockable that does 30. There was no issue with that attack being blocked. It either lands, or gets parried. That attack was indescribably good for trading, as in used at times it couldn't be blocked anyway. Any time it CAN be blocked, it will get parried, which hasn't changed. That attack will land just as often as it used to only now it does nearly half the damage. Overall, this is a net nerf for that attack.

When's the last time you even got to the 3rd attack in the heavy chain? When's the last time you got to the third heavy and DIDN'T get parried or dodged? Just like the other finish, making it unblockable changes nothing even with the damage buff. It could be a 500 damage unblockable, it doesn't matter.

Slashing rush was a highly under utilised attack that now can't execute and has massive stamina drain. It will be even less utilised now.

400ms lights in a chain, 400ms lights after a feint, these are definitely bonuses. As is the earlier startup of hyper armor on head slicer and feinting not canceling hyper armor.

Throw changes...? Not happy, but they're whatever. Deflect change, in to it.

Overall, what we've done is weaken zerks ability to push out heavy damage with trades and give them incredible cheese lights. We've traded zerks identity and unique playstyle to make them another unreactable light spamming assassin.

Boo. Boo this rebalance.

Give it a chance man, it's a bit up and down on paper but we can't know for sure yet.

Agree with rather having the 55 damage blockable attack. 25 damage reduction just seems too much. Making it 38 I could understand so that it's in line with the top heavy from neutral, just unblockable if its in a combo. I guess this was an attempt to regulate our punishes a bit more but has obviously reduced our ability to do huge trades.. this doesn't happen a hell of a lot at high level play though which is where we suffer most of our problems. Sure both the unblockables are easily parryable, but with the coming parry changes your enemy will only get a light out of it at best, which makes it worth taking the risk and allows for more mind games. Is he gonna feint it into a 400ms light again or follow through?

We still have the potential for huge damage with with bear mauler, even if it's only useful for group fights it's still 33 > 35 > 45 damage, 113 total base damage with the last hit being unblockable. This might even top raiders top damage combo I think looking at the spreadsheet, and it's slightly faster.

Dance of the paired blades got a big buff. More damage on lights and heavies and lights quicker. The dance is our bread and butter and our identity, so i'm happy about this. Sure you could feint every heavy in the chain into a light but you'll be OOS pretty quick. You'll still have to be clever with it.

Slashing rush is very situational. I'd only rarely use it when at full stamina and cornered and know i'm gonna take a hit.

c a l c u l a t e d

Do tell us what you win though, I'm curious!

I'll let you know :p

bmason1000
02-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Give it a chance man, it's a bit up and down on paper but we can't know for sure yet.

Agree with rather having the 55 damage blockable attack. 25 damage reduction just seems too much. Making it 38 I could understand so that it's in line with the top heavy from neutral, just unblockable if its in a combo. I guess this was an attempt to regulate our punishes a bit more but has obviously reduced our ability to do huge trades.. this doesn't happen a hell of a lot at high level play though which is where we suffer most of our problems. Sure both the unblockables are easily parryable, but with the coming parry changes your enemy will only get a light out of it at best, which makes it worth taking the risk and allows for more mind games. Is he gonna feint it into a 400ms light again or follow through?

We still have the potential for huge damage with with bear mauler, even if it's only useful for group fights it's still 33 > 35 > 45 damage, 113 total base damage with the last hit being unblockable. This might even top raiders top damage combo I think looking at the spreadsheet, and it's slightly faster.

Dance of the paired blades got a big buff. More damage on lights and heavies and lights quicker. The dance is our bread and butter and our identity, so i'm happy about this. Sure you could feint every heavy in the chain into a light but you'll be OOS pretty quick. You'll still have to be clever with it.

Slashing rush is very situational. I'd only rarely use it when at full stamina and cornered and know i'm gonna take a hit.

I'll let you know :p
Every hour that passes i think about it a little more and i am tempered a little bit about it. Buffs on the infinite are a bonus, obviously, new OOS punish is an interesting tool because of the unblockable finish, unblockable top might create some interesting games but I'm skeptical whether it's worth it. Losing those big trades is a hell of a change i haven't quite figured out how to compensate for. Like you said though, against a certain skill level those trades didn't really exist anyway.

The slashing rush changes I'm pretty pissed about. That was a fantastic attack. Any time you're going to back dash, using slashing rush instead. It trades with attacks, not always favorably, but worth it because it beats gb attempts. It was also unparriable (probably a bug?) and creates some breathing room. I've gotten plenty of kills with it, actually. Slashing rush is an incredibly useful attack. I suppose it still is, it will just see wayyyy less usage from me.

The changes are getting a little easier to handle. I'll figure it out.

PDXGorechild
02-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Every hour that passes i think about it a little more and i am tempered a little bit about it. Buffs on the infinite are a bonus, obviously, new OOS punish is an interesting tool because of the unblockable finish, unblockable top might create some interesting games but I'm skeptical whether it's worth it. Losing those big trades is a hell of a change i haven't quite figured out how to compensate for. Like you said though, against a certain skill level those trades didn't really exist anyway.

The slashing rush changes I'm pretty pissed about. That was a fantastic attack. Any time you're going to back dash, using slashing rush instead. It trades with attacks, not always favorably, but worth it because it beats gb attempts. It was also unparriable (probably a bug?) and creates some breathing room. I've gotten plenty of kills with it, actually. Slashing rush is an incredibly useful attack. I suppose it still is, it will just see wayyyy less usage from me.

The changes are getting a little easier to handle. I'll figure it out.

Yep, same worries. On paper Id change the top heavy finisher to 40 damage to make it worth trading but not ridiculous on punish, and reduce the stamina drain of slashing rush to 50, max. Still seems high for something so situational. Oh and keep the dodge feints. Who knows though yet, maybe in practice hed be overpowered like this.

Other than that Im happy tbh. I can still play how I want to play - hyper aggressive and feint intensive.

bmason1000
02-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Yep, same worries. On paper Id change the top heavy finisher to 40 damage to make it worth trading but not ridiculous on punish, and reduce the stamina drain of slashing rush to 50, max. Still seems high for something so situational. Oh and keep the dodge feints. Who knows though yet, maybe in practice hed be overpowered like this.

Other than that Im happy tbh. I can still play how I want to play - hyper aggressive and feint intensive. 40 would be ideal. Dodge feints were a great tool. Throw an attack and deflect the parry attempt. So good.

The 400ms lights after feint mayyy be a bit much. Their solution to zerks lack of opener was to give them a nearly unreactable opener. Of course, having to feint an attack first adds some reactability so we'll see.

It's definitely a "rebalance." Zerk's power is shifted a bit. I see what they're going for, add some power to the lights improving the infinite chain to try and increase that part of the identity while buffing a heavy bomb combo. Steering away from just dropping one giant crushing attack. I get it, i do. It's to make zerk feel more relentless. Okay, sure. Let's do this. I'll figure out how to make bear mauler viable.

S0Mi_xD
02-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Yep, same worries. On paper I’d change the top heavy finisher to 40 damage to make it worth trading but not ridiculous on punish, and reduce the stamina drain of slashing rush to 50, max. Still seems high for something so situational. Oh and keep the dodge feints. Who knows though yet, maybe in practice he’d be overpowered like this.

Other than that I’m happy tbh. I can still play how I want to play - hyper aggressive and feint intensive.

40 would be ideal. Dodge feints were a great tool. Throw an attack and deflect the parry attempt. So good.

The 400ms lights after feint mayyy be a bit much. Their solution to zerks lack of opener was to give them a nearly unreactable opener. Of course, having to feint an attack first adds some reactability so we'll see.

It's definitely a "rebalance." Zerk's power is shifted a bit. I see what they're going for, add some power to the lights improving the infinite chain to try and increase that part of the identity while buffing a heavy bomb combo. Steering away from just dropping one giant crushing attack. I get it, i do. It's to make zerk feel more relentless. Okay, sure. Let's do this. I'll figure out how to make bear mauler viable.

Same here guys - i think 35 or 40 would be a good number for the top heavy.
But yeah - we will find a way.

I thought about those changes all day long - i will try it for sure, and i already know how i will play - like you guys i already made up some mix ups etc.

But my biggest problem with those changes are Slashing Rush and Dodge cancel.
I made a thread to this topic - its still fresh steaming, take a look ^^

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1836045-quot-Feedback-Complaint-quot-on-Paper-from-a-bloody-Zerker-Main-Suggestion!

NinjaRonin85
02-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Top heavy finisher is useless now, it's too easy to parry and not worth letting go to trade, good luck landing 3 heavys in a row, it will work in ganks and that's it, you only get oos punish if enemy screws up, just gonna me more light spam now.