PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes and two month roadmap

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Posted this on the season launch thread but figured it deserved a thread of its own

Full patchnotes including reworks https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

Feb and March roadmap https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-us/images/helix_hero_roadmap_february_march_final_1518037382 _800x449_318858.jpg PC dedicated servers feb 19th, console to follow soon after.

Roseguard_Cpt
02-08-2018, 07:13 PM
I see "Dedicated Servers (PC)" on there, is it delayed on console even longer?

Tundra 793
02-08-2018, 07:22 PM
EDIT; Nevermind misread.

Lots of stuff to read through there, and yeah it does look like the servers won't launch for the consoles until later.

Thanks for digging these up for us Candle.

Ackturi
02-08-2018, 07:35 PM
they nerfed zerk hard.... and force you to attack more to get parried more instead of the feinting mixups.....

Tundra 793
02-08-2018, 07:41 PM
they nerfed zerk hard.... and force you to attack more to get parried more instead of the feinting mixups.....

To be fair, the Parry changes also launch with Season 5, so we have to take that into account. And the 'Zerker does seem to gain a few good new mix-up options.

But honestly, I think we need to wait until we can actually play the game with all these changes to truly find out if this has fixed, or broken the game.

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Mh... from the patch notes it looks like they took everything away that made Berserker special and he becomes the generic unblockable attacks chars most of us berserker players said we don't want to become ....

Tundra 793
02-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Mh... from the patch notes it looks like they took everything away that made Berserker special and he becomes the generic unblockable attacks chars most of us berserker players said we don't want to become ....

I'm trying to stay positive in the midst of these, really-****ing-long-time-coming changes, but I do tend to agree with you when it comes to the 'Zerker.

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm trying to stay positive in the midst of these, really-****ing-long-time-coming changes, but I do tend to agree with you when it comes to the 'Zerker.

I will play him, i'll try to master him - but at the same time i am prepared... already summoned a Ship and some Fire Arrows...

I mean - it's not all that bad but ... some can't get my head around some things - especially those things why i liked playing berserker.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 08:41 PM
So will ranked tribute be the same as ranked Dom? No rewards, same as unranked but with way longer wait times?

Not trying to be sarcastic here, serious question.

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 08:44 PM
I got to say i'm very wowed by the 3 main reworks.

Kensei got a ton of work. I don't recall reading that he had is top unblockable soft feint into side light though. But I did skim and I just woke up.
I'm really considering picking him up.

A lot of the conq rework sounds confusing to me particularly with FB and his bashes. i'll just need gameplay. i'm more of a visual guy. But he sounds good too.

And man oh man. i'm really happy with what they did to zerk despite not getting new moves. I can sympathize that a lot of what made zerk...well zerk was changed and replaced with other things. But at the same time this new zerk sounds great. really happy that the unblockable is on finishers. So I guess it's not really that new zerk is bad. just different.

You can really tell they put a lot of love into these 3 heros. i'm hoping this follows through with the rest of the OG roster in season 5.

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 08:57 PM
I got to say i'm very wowed by the 3 main reworks.

Kensei got a ton of work. I don't recall reading that he had is top unblockable soft feint into side light though. But I did skim and I just woke up.
I'm really considering picking him up.

A lot of the conq rework sounds confusing to me particularly with FB and his bashes. i'll just need gameplay. i'm more of a visual guy. But he sounds good too.

And man oh man. i'm really happy with what they did to zerk despite not getting new moves. I can sympathize that a lot of what made zerk...well zerk was changed and replaced with other things. But at the same time this new zerk sounds great. really happy that the unblockable is on finishers. So I guess it's not really that new zerk is bad. just different.

You can really tell they put a lot of love into these 3 heros. i'm hoping this follows through with the rest of the OG roster in season 5.

Sure Berserker will be much stronger now - because he is basically an Aramusha copy now ...
Only from reading those changes i can say - if you know how to play Aramush you will know how to play Berserker, the only difference is berserker has hyperarmor.

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Sure Berserker will be much stronger now - because he is basically an Aramusha copy now ...
Only from reading those changes i can say - if you know how to play Aramush you will know how to play Berserker, the only difference is berserker has hyperarmor.

well I mean. zerker gets unblockable finishers too.
I can see what you mean. even though boths inf combos function differently their end result feels the same.

To me though because aramusha has blade blockade he's more of a counter attacker.
where as zerker feels more pressure/trade focused.

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Good to see dedicated servers are coming to PC on the 19th! crossing fingers that consoles won't take more than one additional month. It's about darn time the servers arrive.

I'm hoping that is what one of the padlock images have been set aside for, as possibilities, because there will be no point to the extra xp weekend to me without the servers, the only way I can benefit is vs ai and while I did it to pick up a lot of reps first time I don't want to do that again given it's not for my regular 4v4 picks and it was a hell of a grind first time.

Kryltic
02-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Was it always confirmed that PC would be getting the servers first?

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:35 PM
No idea. But they probably prioritized PC because PC has the most dying playerbase, and, well, because most loud-crying Reddit elitists are on PC. They want to shut those up first.

^lol probably close to the truth.

S0Mi_xD
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
well I mean. zerker gets unblockable finishers too.
I can see what you mean. even though boths inf combos function differently their end result feels the same.

To me though because aramusha has blade blockade he's more of a counter attacker.
where as zerker feels more pressure/trade focused.

I changed my mind after thinking more about it ....

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1835689-A-new-God-is-born?p=13308366#post13308366

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 11:25 PM
The double XP weekend is 16th to 19th, the servers (on PC) start on 19th. You and me both are gonna be forced into PvAI 4v4 for the double XP. I'll try to do equal amounts of PvP Duels/Brawls and PvAI Dominion. To take a breather from bots. I suggest Duels and Brawls for PvP. Don't do a lot of 4v4 PvP.

That's a bit of a low blow to be honest, they shouldn't be doing the double x things until servers are in for everyone even if one group only gets it on the last day. Honestly I would rather wait another three months for the next one than put myself through the ai grind again, not really a duelist and don't want to put myself through how toxic brawl can be.

BlowHard74728
02-09-2018, 01:03 AM
Im excited for the servers i just hope that after wards they can pull there attention to big problems in the game. My main concern right now is feats (IMO) they are sucking the fun and skill right out of the game. But other than that alot of great things are happening this season and i am ecstatic to get to watch this game grow.