PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha on console.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Am I the only one who can't react to his feints? It seriously feels like most of his attacks are 50\50 and even if you guess right the attacks just keep coming. When I have a character with a dodge attack I can usually deal with him, but with someone who doesn't, HL in my case, its insane trying to beat a good Aramusha.

I was playing with a rep 40 raider last night and both of use could barely get a hit in on these two Aramusha's.

Anyone else on console having this issue?

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Only difficult Aramushas for me are three types:

- Feint masters

- Extremely laggy Aramushas

- Extremely laggy Aramusha feint masters.

I'm on PS4.

Yeah it's the ones who feint every second attack that get me, his normal infinite light combo I can block, but the ones who feint constantly that are nearly impossible to handle. I don't know how anyone can react fast enough to block it, even when you roll away, he does his uninterruptable dash attack and nails you.

Mtcmnkk
02-08-2018, 06:24 PM
I either guess parries and get destroyed 75% of the time or dodge. Dodge works better if you know a light is coming

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 06:40 PM
I either guess parries and get destroyed 75% of the time or dodge. Dodge works better if you know a light is coming

That's what I'm saying though, its a complete guessing game, Aramusha is by far the most difficult and OP character on console now. You can't react to how fast his feints are, they are way too fast.

He can feint so late into heavies too that sometimes I phantom parry mid air while he hits me with a light on the opposite side.

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Aramusha beats highlander in general. It's his hardest match up.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Aramusha beats highlander in general. It's his hardest match up.

Everyone has the same guard stance timings now though, defensively it should be the same with all characters.

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Honestly, my best advice would be keep distance, make him try and close the gap, with his lack of a viable opener from neutral, you should be able to force combat on your terms, not his.

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 08:43 PM
it's not his guard stance, it's his all block stance and his fast attacks in general. It's not hard at all to counter him as aramusha, also another big factor is how fast aramushas dodge is. I don't have to block, I can just dodge everything you throw even if you celtic curse. But if i see celtic curse i'm using all block for free top heavy. Once update goes through and he has the new celtic curse i'll block up and if he goes for any unblockable i'll light him out if he doesn't he has to attack in another direction to land superior light which can also be all blocked or just regular block.

Also When Aramusha Soft feints you can time your back dodge or side dodge to avoid the mix up and the follow up altogether. You don't have to block it...

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 08:46 PM
That's the thing though, his feints are so quick its extremely hard to react to them. I guess all I can do with HL against him is just avoid 1v1 with him altogether.

At best if I do dodge back or to the side I'm in the same boat I was in before, everyone parries Celtic curse as an opener, all you really have is defensive light, which people parry pretty often for a light attack as well, its easily blocked at least.

I'm not talking about only HL anyway though, I have friends who all agree he's the hardest to fight against out of every character, even shaman and none of them play HL.

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
you don't have to react as hard when dodging. block up top and if you see him deadly feint that's when you dodge.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 08:58 PM
you don't have to react as hard when dodging. block up top and if you see him deadly feint that's when you dodge.

Like I said though, where does that get me? He will just start it up again as soon as we re engage in the fight.

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 09:06 PM
offensive stance is your only choice, it gives you breathing space. The longer you are in defense stance vs him the quicker you lose lol. It's a bad match up for a reason.

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Also in season 5, one light parry and Highlander will have massive advantage. Balors might into his new 50-50 on Aramusha. All that damage you took to figure him out, you can start come back on parrying just one of his lights on a "guess" if it's too fast for you. guaranteed 40 dmg on top of possible extra 40 dmg from 50/50... INTO another guess 50/50 if he can do it again after stamina changes from balors might. It's looking a lot better for highlander in the mu.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:30 PM
I can suggest to also watch Hound Of Tara, he's a rep40 Highlander and decidedly one of the best Highlanders out there, if not the best. He's on Xbox. Just skim through videos and matches till you find an Aramusha matchup, and study his movement and technique. It might help. Guy's really deadly with Highlander.

I checked him out, pretty good video against the Aramusha but the aramusha barely parried any of his Celtic curses when he was using it. He's definitely good though, I picked up a couple of pointers from it, thanks.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Also in season 5, one light parry and Highlander will have massive advantage. Balors might into his new 50-50 on Aramusha. All that damage you took to figure him out, you can start come back on parrying just one of his lights on a "guess" if it's too fast for you. guaranteed 40 dmg on top of possible extra 40 dmg from 50/50... INTO another guess 50/50 if he can do it again after stamina changes from balors might. It's looking a lot better for highlander in the mu.

Oh yeah I can't wait for his changes, I do fairly well with him now, just the damage buff would have been a big improvement.

Tyrjo
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
The Aramusha feints are indeed very hard to react to on console. Also if you start with a regular attack you most likely will get full blocked.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Yeah man he's really scary. I don't ever meet such Highlanders. Wish I did.

I play a little more aggressively and he uses offensive lights, I need to try to use my crushing counters and offensive lights more, basically.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 10:51 PM
The Aramusha feints are indeed very hard to react to on console. Also if you start with a regular attack you most likely will get full blocked.

I've gotten blade blockaded on my second side light when using warden before, not sure if it was lag or not though, lately I've been seeing a lot of hits that turn into blocks a split second later.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Yeah, he dodges a lot while in Offensive Stance and he uses those quick pommel pokes quite a bit. Makes for an excellent stalemate breaker, plus can go into an unblockable, or kick/grab from all directions (I think). He's awesome.

Constant Crushing Counters and light parries are also a must. Hopefully with the dedi's and lag comp system coming, this will be easier to accomplish. I suffer from the same case. Far too often I encounter some latency that ruins the millisecond timing. I've failed more CCs than I landed them.

95 percent of my light parries are flukes, besides the dodge attack lights, those are pretty easy to get.

mrmistark
02-09-2018, 12:38 AM
I play a little more aggressively and he uses offensive lights, I need to try to use my crushing counters and offensive lights more, basically.

Same here. Iím getting very good with him. The problem is I donít use offensive lights more. Itís actually a strong follow up to the point nearly guaranteed after a heavy or light fast flow if the defensive hit lands. I canít do it often because having pointer finger on the bumper and using middle to hold down the trigger to stay in offensive stance is so unnatural that it messes me up. Wish we could remap to our specifications.

Also, someone mentioned that all characters have the same stance change. While this being true, HL needs enough time to use his CC, switching stance doesnít allow this like against aramusha as the hits are too quick and blocking doesnít stop his infinite.

The best strategy I found in all cases against aramusha using HL are to be aggressive and trade before his chain goes off. Utilize lights, chains, and fient long within chains to be unpredictable. Once they start turtling instead of trying to be offensive and being shut down at the start up of the infinite chain, thatís when you have to be more careful and bait out those blade blockades. His OS is basically obsolete in this match up in my opinion as aramusha is too fast and will just hit you out of OS.