PDA

View Full Version : WL vs. 'Goki

Prior_Heahmund
02-08-2018, 04:09 AM
Okay. Can someone explain to me what made the WL headbutt so evil, but the Goki's (which is so much more effective) okay?

PepsiBeastin
02-08-2018, 04:18 AM
...Shugoki has to get a hit in first.

mrmistark
02-08-2018, 05:52 AM
...Shugoki has to get a hit in first.

This^^^

Warlord headbutt:
-can do it from neutral, after a leap attack, upon Block while in full guard ect.
- guarantees a light attack afterwords into a possible chain

Shugoki headbutt:
-must follow a successful light attack. Without armor good luck. Even with armor his light attack is very slow and as parryable as almost any other heros heavies.
-knocks opponent too far out of range, there is no guaranteed damage and no follow up because of recovery frames upon a successful headbutt

I would like to say though, WL is in a horrible place if you ask me. He honestly has dropped down to one of the least powerful characters. He needs a rework just as bad as every other OG character, arguably more than the majority of the roster in my opinion. His headbutt is super easy to dodge, no mix ups, no chainability or moves that make him really viable anymore. He can turtle like no other in 4v4 to survive, but otherwise he is behind the curve in my personal opinion.

Skarin279
02-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I think that WL needs a rework too.
The light after the headbutt is NOT guaranteed!!!! People can block it !!! That happens to me quite often.

Klingentaenz3r
02-08-2018, 02:44 PM
I agree that it knocks the opponent out of range and this is rather stupid. It also drains Shugo of stamina as if it was a normal attack. Which is pretty stupid.
Not at all. It is specifally designed to push opponents back in order to get the hyper armor back and reset the fight. The stamina drain on Shugo is negletable, he drains much more on the opponent.

@OP: Shugo headbutt is totally different from a Warlords headbutt. You are comparing apples and oranges here. They cannot be placed in the same category. WL headbutt is like all the other bashes and has exactly those common properties (dash attack from neutral, can ledge targets, combos into sth and they can be avoided). Shugo's headbutt is solely there to create space to get the hyper armor back and deminish the opponent's stamina. It does not ledge, it does not combo into a different move, it cannot be used from neutral and definitely not from a dash but it cannot be avoided (which is why it is reasonable it does not ledge/wallsplat). This move does not help you opening up a turtle. Warlord's headbutt does and hence is reason why the character is automatically to be regarded as higher tier