PDA

View Full Version : Any knight who claims the faction war is rigged...

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Yeah have a look at the map right now. Knights are losing five territories (at time of writing), the numbers read

-15,000, -298,000, -911,000, -7000, -822,000

Most of those are next to the volcano,we'll come back to that later. Let's add in all the territories we're not taking off others.

-527,000, -322,000, -415,000, -612,000, -5,000,000, -3,000,000, -2,000,000, -282,000, -334,000

Those add up to -14,545,000

The volcano though?

+23,000,000

Can we maybe lose the volcano?

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 01:31 AM
I haven't even bothered placing troops since the 4th round last season.

I doubt it will stay the same in the new season. With all the new landmarks.

Arekonator
02-08-2018, 01:33 AM
I have serious doubt so much people are actually putting everything in the volcano nly, but that 25M next to few tiles in range of 10-50k was quite a sight.

And speaking of faction war, can we PLEASE PLEASE get rid of the stupid camera shake when placing troops? Its makes it so annoying to evem place troop banner that i almost resigned on doing it at all. Or i am really the only one bothered by this?

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 01:34 AM
I haven't even bothered placing troops since the 4th round last season.

I doubt it will stay the same in the new season. With all the new landmarks.

Yeah that is probably part of it, I haven't bothered in offseason and am playing freshly released games while waiting for the new season (will take game playing time back up to around 50%) and dedicated servers (likely 75-80%). Thing is, this isn't new.

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 04:39 AM
It'd be hilarious if the devs put one of the new landmarks right on the Deus Vult-cano

https://78.media.tumblr.com/38a042e6897fc0c2ae2a910fa2fff9d3/tumblr_oh70h3Wl1H1sz7axzo1_500.gif

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 04:55 AM
It'd be hilarious if the devs put one of the new landmarks right on the Deus Vult-cano

https://78.media.tumblr.com/38a042e6897fc0c2ae2a910fa2fff9d3/tumblr_oh70h3Wl1H1sz7axzo1_500.gif

While I don't see it, hopefully an assets one so the rest of us have half a chance at working around the self sabotaging (insert swear words or many swear words of choice here)

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 05:09 AM
One of the castles should be on the volcano, it was the first stronghold.

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 05:14 AM
While I don't see it, hopefully an assets one so the rest of us have half a chance at working around the self sabotaging (insert swear words or many swear words of choice here)
*swears in Peacekeeperish*

fixed that for you :D

EvoX.
02-08-2018, 05:21 AM
I honestly have no idea how troop deployment and banner placement works...

Does me not doing any of that stuff hurt my faction even a bit?

Kievanson
02-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Can we maybe lose the volcano?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2avXbTFsXBc

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 12:07 PM
*swears in Peacekeeperish*

fixed that for you :D

Well played.

The_B0G_
02-08-2018, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2avXbTFsXBc

^lol

Kamen42
02-08-2018, 06:26 PM
What is so special about the volcano that you need to keep it?

When I look at the several last rounds, the volcano has just a huge amount of resources that could be directed elsewhere. The last few rounds you had there +35M, +35M, +33M, +30M, +29M, +18M, +13M.

You lost a few territories with a difference of mere thousands. Why keep pouring it to the volcano?

GNG.DardyDard
02-13-2018, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they locked the Volcano and one layer of surrounding territories. Grey it out and make it impossible to place assets there, no faction can cap it and it becomes a neutral area. Its gotten to the point of "LE EPIC LORD TACHANKA XDDDDDDDDD" memes, reposted by ******s who have no sense of humor and the combined IQ of a toddler.

AkenoKobayashi
02-13-2018, 02:14 AM
They claim the war is rigged, yet steam rolled Season 3. I'm still clinging to the whole "No heroes or maps next season = win" theory, as it has yet to be disproven. Vikings winning S4 doesn't do anything since they won S1 as well. Seems like history repeating itself. Samurai didn't even put up a fight this time around either. Majority of my assets went into holding the line in all territories, prioritizing the ones that were on the verge of being lost or recently lost.

SangLong524
02-13-2018, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they locked the Volcano and one layer of surrounding territories. Grey it out and make it impossible to place assets there, no faction can cap it and it becomes a neutral area. Its gotten to the point of "LE EPIC LORD TACHANKA XDDDDDDDDD" memes, reposted by ******s who have no sense of humor and the combined IQ of a toddler.
Maybe you won't mind, but that's what the conspiracy theory is about, I think. Everybody has been crying for seasons that all of us have been being led by the nose by the devs. Making that vocalno or some stupidly concentrated areas inaccessible only show that the whole show is rigged and we are actually being led by the nose.
the tug of war between the knights and us samurais around the vocalno seem intense. If I recall correctly, it's right in the middle of our two territories. the tinheads obsession over it is justified, imo. They be in serious trouble if they lose that precious mountain.
With that said, with that vocalno contested too much and too frequently, that probably help the Vikings' hold of their conquered territories so strong. The time they lose something is probably when they sleep. We need a better strategy to deal with the Vikings. The last season is humiliating.

CandleInTheDark
02-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Maybe you won't mind, but that's what the conspiracy theory is about, I think. Everybody has been crying for seasons that all of us have been being led by the nose by the devs. Making that vocalno or some stupidly concentrated areas inaccessible only show that the whole show is rigged and we are actually being led by the nose.
the tug of war between the knights and us samurais around the vocalno seem intense. If I recall correctly, it's right in the middle of our two territories. the tinheads obsession over it is justified, imo. They be in serious trouble if they lose that precious mountain.
With that said, with that vocalno contested too much and too frequently, that probably help the Vikings' hold of their conquered territories so strong. The time they lose something is probably when they sleep. We need a better strategy to deal with the Vikings. The last season is humiliating.

While I agree that it is in a strategically important area, the problem comes in that the meme is so much now that there are a good portion that don't put a banner anywhere else, this is potentially why the knights manual deploys fell below 50% last season whereas the season before we led and now we see the numbers, we can see there is often a few million lead there while we are losing other territories by a few thousand. I co-ordinate my deploys with a discord group and it is at the point where we have to work around that and other than the one we won, the round we came closest I and quite a few others spent hours in the penultimate turn pouring assets into closing off the volcano tile for the last turn rather than shoring up defences elsewhere.

The_B0G_
02-13-2018, 02:20 PM
While I agree that it is in a strategically important area, the problem comes in that the meme is so much now that there are a good portion that don't put a banner anywhere else, this is potentially why the knights manual deploys fell below 50% last season whereas the season before we led and now we see the numbers, we can see there is often a few million lead there while we are losing other territories by a few thousand. I co-ordinate my deploys with a discord group and it is at the point where we have to work around that and other than the one we won, the round we came closest I and quite a few others spent hours in the penultimate turn pouring assets into closing off the volcano tile for the last turn rather than shoring up defences elsewhere.

I think the manual troop deploy asset is probably the best way to show how many players from the last season there is per faction, the bandwagoners water down the winning faction from each season before every time. I don't think the legit knights played any differently, I think the bandwagoners just watered down our stats for not deploying at all.

The same will happen for vikings this next season.

GNG.DardyDard
02-14-2018, 12:17 AM
I don't see how Ubisoft locking the volcano would show any sort of conspiracy theory but whatever floats your boat I guess. The whole reason we've been losing the seasons are because of the "EPIC XD MEMERS" who do nothing but place their banner on the Vultcano or on a location around the Vultcano and ironically they're usually the same people who come to these forums and say "WOWOWOWOWO UBISOFT THE FACTION WAR IS RIGGED NIGHTS NEVER WINNNN BECUZ YOU GUYS HATE KNIGHTS AND OUR AMAZING DEUS VULT XDDDDDD" it gets tiring to hop on every day to see around 23-24 million assets on the Vultcano and the surrounding territories while the vikings are literally just walking into our land because the majority of knights tunnel vision on the Vultcano.

SangLong524
02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
I don't see how Ubisoft locking the volcano would show any sort of conspiracy theory but whatever floats your boat I guess. The whole reason we've been losing the seasons are because of the "EPIC XD MEMERS" who do nothing but place their banner on the Vultcano or on a location around the Vultcano and ironically they're usually the same people who come to these forums and say "WOWOWOWOWO UBISOFT THE FACTION WAR IS RIGGED NIGHTS NEVER WINNNN BECUZ YOU GUYS HATE KNIGHTS AND OUR AMAZING DEUS VULT XDDDDDD" it gets tiring to hop on every day to see around 23-24 million assets on the Vultcano and the surrounding territories while the vikings are literally just walking into our land because the majority of knights tunnel vision on the Vultcano.

"Rigged" in the way that the devs get to call the shot and direct the war effort whichever way they please by blocking zones. This would set uncomfortable precedent. Unless there is an unbiased AI directing the war effort, i cant support any fallible human beings, dev or no, tinkering with blocking zones.

S0Mi_xD
02-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Take the Vulcano - my Viking Brothers and Sisters do have a great time :D
The weebs are no problem for us.

CandleInTheDark
02-18-2018, 12:18 AM
I think the manual troop deploy asset is probably the best way to show how many players from the last season there is per faction, the bandwagoners water down the winning faction from each season before every time. I don't think the legit knights played any differently, I think the bandwagoners just watered down our stats for not deploying at all.

The same will happen for vikings this next season.

I didn't want to say anything earlier because I was hoping that would be the case but looking at the map now it isn't stopping. Volcano and areas adjacent to it, total +30 million. The samurai front right next to those total -13 million, most of the viking front knights hold by only a few hundred thousand and so vulnerable to one viking surge and again it is the knights actually invested in the faction war being held hostage to a meme.

Odds are those zeroed in on the +30 million area are the same who claim the war is rigged.

Oh and hey a battle later, +26 million on two territories, that spread around would get the knights around another 9-10 territories as it currently stands.

GNG.DardyDard
02-19-2018, 05:40 AM
^ What Candle said

I'm all for memes, even if they are ****ty reposted circle jerks, but when you're that guy who does nothing but lose a game/war for the team simply before you like the "EPIC TROLLER XDDDD" meme, then you need to uninstall the game or neck yourself.