PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider fair?

Duratro
02-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Can i have my account back?
Permabanned without a single warning after using the n-word in a match against someone who spam taunt the entire time.
No appeal, no warning, no chance to come back? Why does Ubi want to cull their playerbase like this over such a trivial thing?
It's a multiplayer game, ubi... people talk ****. Especially when you enable toxicity to such an extent.

EvoX.
02-07-2018, 08:28 PM
I have to be honest here - this is comical, thanks for the laugh.

bmason1000
02-07-2018, 08:34 PM
That's what you get.

Tundra 793
02-07-2018, 08:53 PM
What do you consider fair?

Well since you ask; Getting banned for using the n-word seems perfectly fair.

swiss_soldier_1
02-07-2018, 10:04 PM
permabanned? completely over the op

FredEx919
02-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Can't say I can help you there. Emote spam in-game is one thing, but using racial slurs is another. It's not something that's tolerated. Here is the code of conduct for more info https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548873.

Jazz117Volkov
02-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Permabanned without a single warning after using the n-word in a match against someone who spam taunt the entire time.
No appeal, no warning, no chance to come back? Why does Ubi want to cull their playerbase like this over such a trivial thing?
It's a multiplayer game, ubi... people talk ****. Especially when you enable toxicity to such an extent.

I think there's a couple of points to be made here. 1stly, and obviously, you clearly don't understand what it is you're even saying. The "n-word" as you so eloquently put it is not a problem, you find it everywhere in academia; the issue is the intention behind the word's use in abusive discourse.

It's also worth noting that you're not necessarily a bad person for not knowing better. The finer points of political correctness are too often ignored or missed entirely, but they're there as an equalizer, and whether you realize it or not, you're also protected by them. Unfortunately this leads to censoring, and the context supporting the function is lost. Look at classic philosophers, or even Gandhi, they were perverse misogynists of a hysterically primitive nature, yet we endlessly quote the smart bits that suit our worldviews.

Speaking of, the world, you'll find there's consequences to your actions. You've just encountered some. Learn from it.

The other point to be made is For Honor certainly does encourage and reward unsavoury behaviour. It can wear anyone down, but Ubisoft have made it clear they want this to be a part of their game.

Cyricke
02-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Since when has competitive trash talk ever involved racial slurs?

Talk as much trash as you want, but why would your reaction be to call someone a racial slur in a competitive setting?

I'm glad you're banned, people should talk as much crap as they want but there's a line between playful emotional trash talk and being a hateful bigot.

Blindjackal
02-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Why does Ubi want to cull their playerbase like this over such a trivial thing?.
Really? Trivial? SMH....

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 12:36 AM
A racial slur used in a derogatory fashion is not a trivial thing. People that reach for a racial slur when they blow their cool are either bona-fide bigots or somebody who doesn't understand what they are saying and are parroting the word/phrase. In either case I'd say a ban is completely justified and seems perfectly fair play. Hopefully you will learn that your actions have consequences as a result of this experience.

ChampionRuby50g
02-08-2018, 01:46 AM
A racial slur used in a derogatory fashion is not a trivial thing. People that reach for a racial slur when they blow their cool are either bona-fide bigots or somebody who doesn't understand what they are saying and are parroting the word/phrase. In either case I'd say a ban is completely justified and seems perfectly fair play. Hopefully you will learn that your actions have consequences as a result of this experience.

Couldn’t of said it better myself. I don’t understand how you could get triggered enough over someone who was emote spamming in a video game to feel like you need to racially attack someone. I don’t think Ubisoft “wanted to cull” their playerbase, buy they will when their playerbase acts in the way you did. Good job Ubi, you are doing what you said you would.

EDG_Avocado
02-08-2018, 01:53 AM
I think it's very fair and I like the ban. Good job Ubisoft keep it up.

I'm worried tho... the game doesn't have that much players, never knew you can get permabanned at this game lul

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 02:37 AM

I'm kind of surprised that you are surprised by this. Did you really think three wild be no consequences?

Cliff_001
02-08-2018, 02:51 AM
Permaban just for saying a word? I know it is a bad one and I'm not trying to say it is ok but I think it seems a little harsh. Especially when others bring down the gameplay of 7 other people by going afk match and do it repeatedly they at least get a warning. I just think everyone should get a second chance.

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 04:21 AM
Permaban just for saying a word? I know it is a bad one and I'm not trying to say it is ok but I think it seems a little harsh. Especially when others bring down the gameplay of 7 other people by going afk match and do it repeatedly they at least get a warning. I just think everyone should get a second chance.
Gotta draw a line somewhere and I'm glad that Ubisoft draws the line at racial slurs. From Season 5 onwards they said they will be starting with a temp ban right off the bat for going AFK so they're taking a firmer stance across the board.

People often play video games to escape precisely from real life crap like racism and bigotry. Nobody should have to deal with those things while playing a game so good on Ubisoft for having a zero tolerance stance on this kind of thing. If someone gets perma banned for that then too bad. They have only themselves and their own ignorance and/or bigotry to blame for it. At the end of the day Ubi doesn't want these kinds of people playing their game and they're perfectly within their right to deny them access.

If the OP wants a second chance he can always send an email to Ubisoft and see how they feel about it.

JadeBosson.
02-08-2018, 04:37 AM
This is bait

CandleInTheDark
02-08-2018, 04:52 AM
This is bait

Probably.

That aside, if this is a legit ban for an incident he has received no warning over, I kind of feel if there is anywhere Ubisoft should draw a zero tolerance line it is on this,

But.

We only have the OP's word for it there was no warning or no complaints before this one. The last wtf ubisoft banned me for no reason thread I saw was on reddit and Eric chimed in with exactly why he had been banned, namely double figures of elimination matches he had 0 points in and cheating reports. Unless a rep or dev says so, I'm not taking it at OP's word this is a first time offence.

Either way complaining here isn't going to fix it, that's what support on the ubisoft website is for.

PDXGorechild
02-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Depends on the context really.

If you were like "Ah sh!t n*gga, good fight!" this seems more acceptable.

But using the derogatory version with the intent of offending someone is unacceptable and deserves a ban.

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 08:42 PM
This had to have been a kid, you don't make it to adulthood and not know these things. C'mon people, this is 2018, can we please start acting like the hyper intelligent species we claim to be?

MrGrippz
02-08-2018, 11:36 PM
No way it's a first time offense.

You think a normal regular person just goes off the handle and starts screaming racial obscenities? I don't think so. That word is in his arsenal 100% I'd put my entire life savings on it lol.

And for the record F that word and any other form of divisive rhetoric that judges & labels people with negativity and HATE based on something THAT PERSON can't control. No one chooses who they are, they just ARE.

So call the individual an A-Hole if he or she acts like one. Judge and react to a PERSON based on what that person does or represents. Don't judge entire ranges of human beings based on TRIVIAL differences such as skin color.

You can't even tell who is what. 90% of my friends list hears me speak on the mic & they always say the same thing when they find out I am white ... "Oh man wow I thought you were black, you sound black". I'm a friggin Russian Jew from Miami lol. My emblem is a Jewish star with a skull in it.

#JewGang \m/

MrGrippz
02-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Side note -

I hope anyone with a Swaztika as their emblem catches a permaban too. Straight up and down.

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-08-2018, 11:45 PM
Dude while for me using that word is the same as calling a blonde person as blonde, for americans it isnt due to their history and current environment.
and the fact that you used that word in response to provocation shows that you are fully aware what it means for them and that u meant it to be a racial slur. so u are clearly on the wrong.

the no warning seems odd though...

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 11:56 PM

Sadly that's not how things are today. Give an inch you give a mile.
Gaming is considered a very big part of the world these days and image is everything.
if said user only got a slap on the wrist it wouldn't send a message.

is it harsh? yes. But people who resort to this kind of stuff need this kind of wake up call. People who can't stick to venting in privacy and have to reach out publicly either at the person they're frustrated with or just vent it in a public space like a video or a stream honestly have issues.

Arekonator
02-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Side note -

I hope anyone with a Swaztika as their emblem catches a permaban too. Straight up and down.While we at it, can we also ban the hammer+sickle emblems together with swastikas?

BTTrinity
02-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Either its a kid, or its a troll. Either way, thanks for the laugh.