PDA

View Full Version : A Concerned Nobushi Main

Roseguard_Cpt
02-07-2018, 05:56 PM
I've been joking about with my buddies saying that my main is trash tier, but now I'm a little concerned that it may actually be so when the new season starts.
To clarify, I absolutely support the bug fixes, those needed to happen, but I feel like maybe toning the first part of the zone down to 25 instead of 20 would be a better change. The reason for this being that I generally cancel the second part because its an easy parry for my opponent, so I like a little extra damage, but 33 (before Way of the Shark) was a bit much.
The general style of play also seems to be shifting a bit more towards hidden stance, which I approve of, but I still can't help but feel like it may be too much given the ever present "group up" meta which seems to come after me (and probably many others) a lot; when getting grouped up on, hidden stance isn't very helpful however, and so yes, I may swing the zone a time or two to kill the shaman or other assassins probably among them because when getting grouped up on, your goal should be efficiently taking them down. Easiest way to take them down? Damage them quickly. With multiple characters receiving tweaks and balancing however, I'll have to see how it all works out.
She seems to be getting more tuned towards dueling than 4v4, as someone who plays both modes, it'll be interesting to see the changes in action.
Hyped for Season 5, but just a little worried. Anyone else feel the same (about other characters or maybe Nobu as well)?
Yours Truly,
RGC

EvoX.
02-07-2018, 06:12 PM
20 is fine. Devs know that every single Nobushi out there never uses the second part, and since that's all they do in 4v4's (especially with revenge on), the damage is justified for that relatively safe move with a massive swing arc.

Roseguard_Cpt
02-07-2018, 06:21 PM
I generally avoid in a direct 4v4 because I've staggered teammates a couple times (not to mention killing them sometimes), but I can definitely see it as an easy spam, so I suppose for the speed of it the damage is kinda justified. Especially when we factor in revenge and Way of the Shark

Warbyte-
02-07-2018, 06:59 PM
İ played Nobushi till presitge 15 or so and i can say her zone is pretty good even with the nerf,fast and with 360 degree radius.Glad they give her more 1v1 buffs to be honest

As a Valk main(currently) i would like to be able to be as effective as a Nobushi in gank situtations(when i get ganked) because even with revenge its really tough to light attack yourself out of that gank

BTTrinity
02-07-2018, 07:16 PM
Im a bit concerned for her too, however for a different reason. I dont like the parry change, where you move 1m closer to the target you parry so you're guaranteed to follow up.... It kinda makes her range pointless in almost every aspect.

Though, what I would like to see since they want her to play around hidden stance a bit more, is removing the stamina regeneration delay or reducing the cost of stamina. (Or both) :P

Kryltic
02-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Overall I feel she is getting nerfed for no reason. The devs have said they want to buff all older characters to the likes of the Shaman and Gladiator.

They shouldn't have nerfed her at all and only buffed her. That would have seen her actually come closer to their levels. Rather than a lot of mix up, she would have had more raw power, so to speak.

RiceComboA
02-07-2018, 08:49 PM
In game modes with full gear score, the stamina penalty on Hidden Stance is not a big issue.

In duels however, it does slow down the pace of combat having to lay off and wait for stamina regen.
Since they seem to be moving the game towards a faster flow combat, I don't see the need for it.
They did remove the extra stamina cost on the kick tho, it may be enough to compensate.

Too early to speculate. Can't wait to try it out when live!

Patpuc
02-08-2018, 12:14 AM
Rep 40 nobushi

don't worry about the zone nerf, it's still going to hit almost every single person around you, cancel their attacks and do decent damage.

No other will have a better zone when out numbered.

Just be glad they didn't change the mechanics/ range / arc of the zone.

Kryltic
02-08-2018, 02:17 AM
Rep 40 nobushi

don't worry about the zone nerf, it's still going to hit almost every single person around you, cancel their attacks and do decent damage.

No other will have a better zone when out numbered.

Just be glad they didn't change the mechanics/ range / arc of the zone.

The problem is her zone attack wasn't so OP that everyone cried when seeing her. Yes, she is good in Dominion but thats it... She's only good. Her zone attack should never have been touched apart from making her second swing harder to parry. The fact almost every cancels the second swing should speak volumes.

Again, Ubi want to bring older characters up to the likes of the newer ones so unless they majorly rework the original heroes (eg Conqueror or Kensei), we should never see any nerfs, at all. Only new moves, combos etc.