PDA

View Full Version : Mat Manager question

bubba3884
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Downloaded Mat Manager 2.36 and seems to be working fine except . . .

all the MATs from the default page load, but when I make any changes in certin areas and click either load or save, it always reverts back to the default settings.

I've Edited the [game] section of conf.ini file so that ClearCache=0, but in the PaintSchemes folder I cannot get the Cache and NetCache to 'Read Only.'
Every time I go into properties and unselect read-only, apply and close - it shows read-only selected again when I reopen it ???

bubba3884
04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Downloaded Mat Manager 2.36 and seems to be working fine except . . .

all the MATs from the default page load, but when I make any changes in certin areas and click either load or save, it always reverts back to the default settings.

I've Edited the [game] section of conf.ini file so that ClearCache=0, but in the PaintSchemes folder I cannot get the Cache and NetCache to 'Read Only.'
Every time I go into properties and unselect read-only, apply and close - it shows read-only selected again when I reopen it ???

ytareh
04-29-2011, 06:40 AM
This used be one of THE best IL2 utilities back in the day (as the default markings were so SHINY -I think theyve 'fixed ' them up a bit in recent patches)before Mods improved practically every aspect of the game .I can remember spending HOURS trying to get Mat Manager to work .I seem to recall an issue about clearCache vs clearcache conf entry *NB* the size of the capital letter c in cache ...try it as a small c and that MIGHT help.The issue of the folders not 'staying' Read Only was a smoke screen created by the previously described issue with the little "c" .THEY DO actually chnage from Read Only but thats not the problem .If you try search through my old posts using Mat manager you might find something to help .Its years since Ive used it .But it WAS the best .

ytareh
04-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Try my first post in this thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...283/m/2141064606/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2141064606/p/1)

Treetop64
05-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Still is the best. I still use it to this day.

bubba3884
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
funny . . . some things I can change and save with mat manager and some things just won't save (country emblems, German fighter ID lettering)? Must have a mod that interferes with it.

Oh well, the parts that do save look great - big improvement.

Thanks all for your help.