PDA

View Full Version : Reputation 0 level 1 heroes in 4v4 PvP

Kamen42
02-07-2018, 04:02 PM
I want to ask your opinion on allowing Rep 0 lvl 1 characters in 4v4 game modes.

My opinion is that such a low characters should not be allowed in 4v4 PvP. There should be a limit that 4v4 PvP can be accessed only by higher level, let's say 10-15. By then people get at least some knowledge of the character, their move set, the character's capabilities, but if a low-level character joins a 4v4. they usually get destroyed by more experienced opponent.

I understand why people do that. Playing Dominion is one of the fastest ways to level up a character, but doing this they can ruin the game for three other people.

Make these characters play in duels, where they harm only themselves. Let them play 4v4 PvAI, so they get some experience and learn the basics, but the opponent won't destroy them completely. But don't let them ruin a game for three other people.

Aurockson
02-07-2018, 07:43 PM
So don't let people play Dominion until they've played the game for a while... Bots aren't good practice because they always do the same thing... And in a duel... they're going to get annihilated by anyone that isn't literally playing without thumbs...and even then....

Armosias
02-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Can't disagree less on this. Being rep 0 on a character doesn't mean you haven't practiced his attacks / abilities. Nor does it reflect the player's skill in any accurate way

Blindjackal
02-07-2018, 11:09 PM
Can't disagree less on this. Being rep 0 on a character doesn't mean you haven't practiced his attacks / abilities. Nor does it reflect the player's skill in any accurate way
Agreed...

Vakris_One
02-08-2018, 12:42 AM
I want to ask your opinion on allowing Rep 0 lvl 1 characters in 4v4 game modes.

My opinion is that such a low characters should not be allowed in 4v4 PvP. There should be a limit that 4v4 PvP can be accessed only by higher level, let's say 10-15. By then people get at least some knowledge of the character, their move set, the character's capabilities, but if a low-level character joins a 4v4. they usually get destroyed by more experienced opponent.

I understand why people do that. Playing Dominion is one of the fastest ways to level up a character, but doing this they can ruin the game for three other people.

Make these characters play in duels, where they harm only themselves. Let them play 4v4 PvAI, so they get some experience and learn the basics, but the opponent won't destroy them completely. But don't let them ruin a game for three other people.
I disagree. 4v4 game modes are the best place for new players to have a chance of scoring some victories and learning a lot from watching how more experienced players do things. Doing 1v1s and getting crushed by veteran players teaches a new player next to nothing.

Forget the mode elitism and instead petition for Ubi to improve their matchmaking so that newbies get placed with other players around their skill level as much as possible.