PDA

View Full Version : After 1 year

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 11:21 AM
After 1 year, this game is still a mess.

I saw that parry nerf is inbound soon, like in 1 week. Great job, that solution has been proposed by the community nearly 10 months ago. And ppl say that around 100 devs are working on that game? Are they all afk?

When you lvl a new character, you still fight ppl with high reputation but fully gear character, how enjoyable.

And the last not the least, still horrible balance. I know that a game with that many characters can't be perfectly balanced, but the gap between the worst and the best is far too great.

And still so many bugs like no sound for catapult etc...

What are you waiting Ubisoft?

Card1acArrest
02-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Oh well, I think you are trolling here man...

The parry isnt a nerf, its a decision made after long considerations, and not done lightly, for the benefit of the metagame.

Why should not gear mean anything? It only does in 4v4.

Balancing is ongoing, 5 classes are reworked next week.

Ubi is doing their best in a dedicated, long term effort. I am actually impressed that they have this attitude.

Kryltic
02-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Most of them are working on dedicated servers. Once that's completed they will be assigned to other parts of the game that need looking at.

With the parry changes they have also had to look into how to deal with characters who have longer attack ranges. For example the Nobushi who, when parried could avoid getting punished like other characters due to the gap.

The game doesn't balance players with their selected character (since you choose your character after finding a group) but instead it balances based how a person plays overall with all of their played characters. To do it how you suggest would mean sticking to the same character every game and then quitting once you decide to swap.

The gap is getting addressed at the start of and during Season 5.

Just going from everything you've said, it would seem you don't either watch Warriors Den or read up on any of the news associated with upcoming changes etc. I'd suggest giving it a go.

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 11:34 AM
So no GB after a parry is not a nerf? I wonder what it is then? And I also wonder who is trolling? Obviously it should have been done months ago.

I have no issue about gear when you are fighting against equally geared ppl. I know they reworked the stats to lessen the gap between geared ppl, but still, a fully gear character will a rekt a non geared one. You should be able to pick you character before MM so you would fight against eaqully geared ppl.

Redkey.
02-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Sorry for a little derailing. But, Why i'm losing a stamina when a Raider is actually сarrying me? Barbarian Smell aura?

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 11:46 AM
If I recall correctly, it is in the Raider's description. Raider's special ability is too force a opponent to lose stam when he GB you and spin/carrying you.

Charmzzz
02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Meh, people these days. First they demand changes. Second the changes have to be thought through and balanced. Third thing is changes ASAP nao! Then a generic developer (it is like this in every pvp game I have played and these are alot) actually DOES changes. Fourth thing is people complain about pick one: it being so late or not thought through or not balanced.

Just think about your attitude. Ubi in this case rewrote ALOT of code to get dedicated servers in the game. It makes no sense at all to complain about this being "so late" because it takes months if not years to completely overhaul a network model. Then add in all the things we got parallely, new heroes, gear stat revamp, new cosmetics, new maps, balance changes besides bugfixes. And they even start to release the reworks of the OG heroes.

Are you serious with your complaints? I can only say I am impressed how much they did in 1 year.

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 12:01 PM
If you are really impressed about what they did this year, well, I can't help it. Try to play a real game with real devs backing it, you'll see the difference.

Kryltic
02-07-2018, 12:03 PM
If you are really impressed about what they did this year, well, I can't help it. Try to play a real game with real devs backing it, you'll see the difference.

Such as?

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Try Blizzard's game, or if you think that is because Blizzard is a much bigger company, try Warhammer Vermintide,or DBZ Fighterz. But it is also true none of these game were released as broken as For honor, there is that.

Kryltic
02-07-2018, 12:34 PM
I haven't played them but I'm going to take a guess that they are not as complicated in regards to various interactions between characters etc.

Yes, the game isn't perfect but its not as bad as you seem to think or suggest. Regardless of how you feel, the amount of work and changes that have occurred is still incredible especially when you consider the fact they are also introducing dedicated servers etc.

Armosias
02-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Try Blizzard's game, or if you think that is because Blizzard is a much bigger company, try Warhammer Vermintide,or DBZ Fighterz. But it is also true none of these game were released as broken as For honor, there is that.
Blizzard's games are also buggy messes, vermintide is PVE only, DBZ fighterz is 1v1 2D, I mean does any of those games have something in common with for honor aside from featuring online gameplay?

Also gear does not matter as much as you say. Skill does 90% of a fair fight.

Charmzzz
02-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Blizzard's games are also buggy messes, vermintide is PVE only, DBZ fighterz is 1v1 2D, I mean does any of those games have something in common with for honor aside from featuring online gameplay?

Now that was a Combo Breaker... :D

Specialkha
02-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Buggy mess? Do you even play at these games? Ofc, you can't fully rid a game of bugs, but still, FH has far more bug than all those games combined...

And all those games have something in common with each other, except FH, they are polished where FH is far from it. Did Ubisoft even tested FH before releasing it? Most of issues that ppl in beta had are still there, 1 year later.

Charmzzz
02-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Buggy mess? Do you even play at these games? Ofc, you can't fully rid a game of bugs, but still, FH has far more bug than all those games combined...

And all those games have something in common with each other, except FH, they are polished where FH is far from it. Did Ubisoft even tested FH before releasing it? Most of issues that ppl in beta had are still there, 1 year later.

Which issues? Tell me please.

Connection got much better if compared to release, and in 4-6 weeks I guess we will have dedicated Servers up and running. Alot of Bugs and Glitches were fixed (Flicker, GB on steps, ladder bug, one-hit-kill glitch, etc.). Which "most of issues" are you talking about?

Oh and btw every Blizzard game I can remember had to be patched and updated alot to be really polished. E.g. every Diablo, WoW, HotS, Hearthstone. None of these games released without issues.

Knight_Raime
02-07-2018, 04:17 PM

none of blizzards games have ever been balanced.
WoW has always been plagued with flavor of the month builds. and even bigger issues occasionally.
hearthstone balance is borked because cards are rng.
And overwatch has been a mess from the get go. Have you even played it recently? mercy has been constantly changed. Before her they broke doom fist. I can go on.

DBFZ is brand new and you can't accurately state the game is balanced. People are already understanding that there are just better assist characters. And that most are very specific to team comp. where like 4 of them can be used in any comp and massively benefit them over the niche situation another would work in.

Redkey.
02-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Stability maybe a little bit better now. But in general p2p is p2p. You can spend a few days in polishing your timings against AI or your friends and failed in the first random match becasue of the host location. And this expirience could be different for all of us.

But also, we have complicated mechanics based on timings which punishing you for each mistake. So, ppl feedback usually is Very personal and post-emotional. And it's realy big deal to balance so many different movesets and timings in hundreds combinations. And sometimes ppl just have different views on how this game should looks like. And a real issues is hiding somewhere underneath.

I don't now why this PvP title didn't get dedicated server from a beginning, but i hope it brings more stable basement to find out real issues in existing gameplay,

But not only a technical or mechanical issues but also a game modes. Duels is just fine. But i\m asking myself sometimes - why they not just "stole" a MOBA idea and adapt it.

Knight_Raime
02-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Overwatch has had tons of bugs. Doom fist had 13? at some point. Genji still has quite a handful.
WoW being bug free is hilarious.
DBFZ might seem absent of bugs at the moment to you. But players are reporting not getting unlocks when they met the requirements.
Don't even get me started on it's MM. while it's a deal better than the beta it still has frequent disconnect issues and server dropping the lobbies.

Dane520123
02-07-2018, 04:45 PM

WoW main here and overwatch player since release. Have you played any of blizzards games recently or what ?? Overwatch has been goin down hill since release with stupid balancing changes ( especially on mercy ) and the horrible horrible bugs that come with the patches that completely make heroís in the game obsolete. A huge example is Doomfist, a few weeks into his release and they nerf him into oblivion and adding countless bugs giving him the lowest pick rate. Thing is these bugs were posted through out the forums and reddit even videos on YouTube and blizzard didnít notice a single post on DF bugs till months after and heís still bugged to hell.

And donít even get me started on the buggy, unbalanced shtty pvp mess WoW is now I honestly donít even know why I stil play that game but trust me I donít play as much as I used to
To. Never compare balancing with blizzard, they might be a big company but theyíre a shadow of their forme selfs now and embarrassment to Its past self.

S0Mi_xD
02-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Meh, people these days. First they demand changes. Second the changes have to be thought through and balanced. Third thing is changes ASAP nao! Then a generic developer (it is like this in every pvp game I have played and these are alot) actually DOES changes. Fourth thing is people complain about pick one: it being so late or not thought through or not balanced.

Just think about your attitude. Ubi in this case rewrote ALOT of code to get dedicated servers in the game. It makes no sense at all to complain about this being "so late" because it takes months if not years to completely overhaul a network model. Then add in all the things we got parallely, new heroes, gear stat revamp, new cosmetics, new maps, balance changes besides bugfixes. And they even start to release the reworks of the OG heroes.

Are you serious with your complaints? I can only say I am impressed how much they did in 1 year.

Yeah ... i see so many people crying about parry changes - they are so dependent on this unblanaced mechanic.
But it's not their fault - we played the game over a year in such a state, it will be weird for most people ( not for me really - since i learned to play with and without parry and without GB after parry)

The thing is, those who complain now - didn't know what they complained about in first place (befor the changes where announced)
Many people don't understand the chars, mechanics etc. - thats why they are complaining.

HazelrahFirefly
02-07-2018, 05:33 PM

LOL, the new dbz game can have 30 minutes paas between getting matched.

Also, the parry change is not a nerf. Its just a change. If you think it's a nerf then you clearly only rely on gbs, and I will be happy to see your strategy removed.

Redkey.
02-07-2018, 08:02 PM
We need the same rule fore a dodge, At Least for a back dodge.

ChampionRuby50g
02-08-2018, 12:17 AM
We need the same rule fore a dodge, At Least for a back dodge.

But then what would directly counter dodge, if you can no longer GB? Too many people already say dodge is too strong, and you want to make it stronger? Itís an argument thatís come out countless times, but always the general consensus is that GB is the counter to dodge, and should remain that way.

EDG_Avocado
02-08-2018, 01:57 AM
they just need to fix guard break.

There are many times where I can't use guard break when Iw ant to and it's a disadvantage

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 02:28 AM

LMFAO! Did you seriously just try to use Blizzard as a benchmark for balance? That's freaking priceless. No game released by that company has ever been perfect from the box outside of maybe old school Warcraft/statecraft on the PC. And even then they all had patches come out to help balance. As for DBZ, you can't compare such a simplistic game to something as intricate as for honor.

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 02:34 AM
But then what would directly counter dodge, if you can no longer GB? Too many people already say dodge is too strong, and you want to make it stronger? Itís an argument thatís come out countless times, but always the general consensus is that GB is the counter to dodge, and should remain that way.

Agreed, GB needs to stay as a counter to dodging. As much as I hate it GBing really is the only thing that keeps me from just dodge spamming everything.
I would only say dodge while out of stamina is too strong, however, but I would also say that about defensive actions period.

FinnOfTheHorde
02-08-2018, 02:41 AM
LMFAO! Did you seriously just try to use Blizzard as a benchmark for balance? That's freaking priceless. No game released by that company has ever been perfect from the box outside of maybe old school Warcraft/statecraft on the PC. And even then they all had patches come out to help balance. As for DBZ, you can't compare such a simplistic game to something as intricate as for honor.

Show me where Overwatch is not balanced?
Show me where Hearthstone is not balanced?
Show me where Heroes of the Storm.
Show me where World of Warcraft is not balanced.
Show me where StarCraft is not balanced.
Show me where Blizzard have bad servers like in For Honor.
Just show me.
LETS ADD CENTURION [cuz we must have brainless character testers (if they have them)] and after 8 weeks just say he is not balanced cuz DATA. OKAY BROS we had some problems with Centurion so now lets add another op character (Shaman) cuz why not?
Let's add all the time reskins for armors cuz why not? EVERY ONE is doing this thing.
R6 is playable after 2 years so maybe For Honor will follow this path.

Good to be themadman these days.

Alustar.
02-08-2018, 02:50 AM
Just show me.
LETS ADD CENTURION [cuz we must have brainless character testers (if they have them)] and after 8 weeks just say he is not balanced cuz DATA. OKAY BROS we had some problems with Centurion so now lets add another op character (Shaman) cuz why not?
Let's add all the time reskins for armors cuz why not? EVERY ONE is doing this thing.

Do you not remember the release of death knight? Or how about paladin, period, in any version before cataclysm Also, if you don't know how to go through and look at patch notes for games, you can go review those on your own and see that the devs have touched up everything in those game since they have been out. I'm not going to do the legwork for you because you don't know what you are taking about.
Go on, I'll wait while you go check your own "facts", it's cool.

SangLong524
02-08-2018, 03:05 AM
Ehem, i'm just going with the Blizz's classics then: diablo! you know every season there are new top tier builds for each class while some other builds become so obsolete due to them encounter some sort of invisible DPS wall thanks to Blizz devs tweaking things. Plus there's usually a big patch every new season and one or two hot fix during 3-month long season (if there's any). Hardly balanced!
you know what I am not impressed with Ubisoft compared to Blizzard? Banhammer! Blizz's banhammer scares the Sh*t out of almost everyone. Plus there's kick option, although i was once or twice voted kicked as i cleared maps too fast. Ubisoft could learn a thing or two about this concerning their multiplayers, but leave my solo games the f*ck alone.

Vingrask
02-08-2018, 05:17 AM
Yes, man, one year.

1 damn year to get what we are asking since season 1 and I can't say how happy I am. I was still playing the game, but after a few months everything get so boring, with everyone fishing parries and just it.

The faction war rework was something I suggested, and they used almost everything I write in my topic. After that I started to play again this gamemode and it is fun. With the rest of what we asked (like all turns matter, etc), I think the FW can be what we desire.

The parry is a must. Man, how many times we screamed for changes here and on Reddit. I don't know why it took so long to implement, but better now than never.

Saddly, FH lost the chance to win GOTY, but we all know the potential it had.

Illyrian_King
02-08-2018, 01:59 PM
1 year left and still the matches last for only 7minutes ;b

Knight_Raime
02-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Just show me.

most recent example for overwatch is mercy.
An oldie one was mccree at launch.
Genji was another one.
Dva and hog..
I can go on.

Hearthstone is imbalanced at it's core because you rely on RNG for your cards. your cards are your power. Nevermind that people actually hack in cards to their deck and blizzard does nothing about it because they didn't even add a system in to detect this sort of thing.
WoW has had days like the death night. Or you know. basically everything pre cataclysm update.

For honor doesn't have servers. it was a unique p2p system where the game used each persons info to piece things together and fact check them with one another. Games dropped because a piece of that puzzle went missing. Wow's servers have been hacked before. creating game wide things. The skeleton dance comes to mind.

Rest just seems like you wanted to cram all your complaints into one space.
it's cool for you to want better from the devs. It's not cool to dev bash. Nor put any other company on a pedestal.
All companies have their flaws and gems.

Despite OW having continual balance issues it's still a super fun game.
Despite WoW having some clearly superior gear setups experimientation is both fostered and encouraged.

Despite for honor having a rocky start it's still around a year later and the devs have been making pushes to make the game better as a whole. Some of season 4 and literally all of season 5 is proof of this. You don't have to forgive them nor excuse anything. But to not recognize the effort here is just showing your close mindedness.

Specialkha
02-08-2018, 02:27 PM
1 year and still can't pick your character before getting into MM.

Issues that have been in the game since the Beta are still here after 1 year, and we are not talking about minor bugs.

Maybe they are doing their best, but it is still far from enough.

Yes, DK were OP when release in Woltk on wow, but how long did they stay that OP? A few weeks maybe? How long did centurion stayed OP? Or even shaman?

As I said you can't balance perfectly a game (Hence OW with Mercy/Genji, etc...), but in FH, the gap between the best and the worst is far too great.