PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR ideas about TWCB

blacktiger00
01-21-2011, 12:24 AM
okay first off, please excuse me if this doesn't make much sense. its an idea formed at like 2 in the morning and just typed up in a babble from a couple of book and net references that i have. And this is all my opinion and my little interpretations of things. i could be completely off mark but please, no flamming.
And this is going to be a REALLY long post of ideas, so sorry for that.

----------

so i noticed that everyone was that i have seen is looking at the temples and the symbols and crap but i figured that logically there should be a reason that they chose these roman gods to represent TWCB

okay so so far we have seen Juno and Minerva.

Minerva in the Sistine Chapel in the Vault. She was known as the creator of all ideas, or the plan of the universe. she was born from Jupiter's head without a mother. And she was often seen as the one who guided people to excel in things and helped men in war. Minerva was the creator of things and also was the keeper of memories.
I'll come back to her in a second.

Juno from the temple under the Santa Maria Aracoeli and under the colliseum. She is a bit more complex. both the sister and wife of Jupiter she was seen as the one who rules over females. She ruled over the wisdom of women and over marriages. She was the one who would approve or disapprove of matches between men and women. And any sexual union out of wedlock was frowned so much upon her it was a crime for 'prositutes' to touch her statues. She was also seen as the goddess of fruit and the goddess who brings children into the light. Juno was also known as the one who warns.

----------------------------------------

CONNECTIONS BETWEEN JUNO AND MINERVA:
1) -- juno was so mad that jupiter had born minerva without her help that she asked flora to give her a child without his help. she gave birth to MARS who then raped a female woman who gave birth to the twins romulus and remus. One of romulus' lairs is in Juno's temple.
2) -- Minerva, juno and jupiter were seen as the Capitoline Triad, the supreme rulers of roma.
3) -- Although Juno is not present, Minerva and Jupiter share the same pedestal in the Monteriggioni Statuettes with the inscription: Here sits the king of all Olympus and beside him stands wisdom, to guide his rule. Olympus was the Greek name for the seat of the gods. It never appears in true roman mythology

POSSIBLE IDEAS FOR CONNECTIONS OF MINVERA + JUNO TO ASSASSINS CREED
Minerva ---
1) -- It fits that Minerva was the one to tell Desmond about what will happen and what has happened if she is the one who knows the universe plan.
2) -- Minerva being the keeper of memories may mean that she chose to deliver her message to Desmond through Ezio because it was the only was that she COULD or that she knew that she would not have the time or the location to do so.
3) -- As the creator of all ideas it may have been her idea and her design for the pieces of eden. The figure during the truth video of assassins creed II, the one holding the piece of eden and controlling the humans looks a lot like Minerva if you look at her headdress and her robes. The figure doesn't fit the shape of Juno.
4) -- Seen as a guide it is possible that she was the one that guided Desmond to look deeper into Ezio's memories leading to his discovery of Juno.
5) -- Minerva says to Desmond/Ezio - "So busy were we with earthly concerns, we failed to notice the heavens." this may be a reference to the fact that they were so busy with the lives of men and of earth that Juno and Jupiter (the others of the triad and king and queen of the heavens) failed in their duty.
6) -- "Built by those who knew to turn away from war." aka. not the roman gods and especially not the four mentioned (juno, jupiter, minerva and mars) as they all had close affiliations with war. Maybe the assassins or adam and eve as they are seen running, not fighting.

Juno ---
1) -- As the ruler of marriage and as Juno sees relationships out of 'wedlock' as bad things maybe she not only had Desmond kill Lucy to keep Lucy away from Desmonds destiny but to keep him from getting involved before he met his 'true match'.
2) -- Juno constantly warns Desmond against what has or will happen. She is the one who warns him against repeating mistakes and taking the wrong path.
3) -- as the one who leads children into the light it may be that she is the one who was meant to open Desmond's sixth sense, or set him on the path to do so, hence 'enlightening' him
4) -- As the goddess of fruit it may be that she was the one who held sway over the apples or that she worked with Minerva to create them. And this may be why both vaults needed an apple of eden, instead of just a piece of eden.

And thats it. I did have more ideas but in the process of typing ALL this up I forgot half of them. Oh well. If I remember I might add them later.

Again, just my ideas and little things that i picked up on but i thought it was worth mentioning.

blacktiger00
01-21-2011, 12:24 AM
okay first off, please excuse me if this doesn't make much sense. its an idea formed at like 2 in the morning and just typed up in a babble from a couple of book and net references that i have. And this is all my opinion and my little interpretations of things. i could be completely off mark but please, no flamming.
And this is going to be a REALLY long post of ideas, so sorry for that.

----------

so i noticed that everyone was that i have seen is looking at the temples and the symbols and crap but i figured that logically there should be a reason that they chose these roman gods to represent TWCB

okay so so far we have seen Juno and Minerva.

Minerva in the Sistine Chapel in the Vault. She was known as the creator of all ideas, or the plan of the universe. she was born from Jupiter's head without a mother. And she was often seen as the one who guided people to excel in things and helped men in war. Minerva was the creator of things and also was the keeper of memories.
I'll come back to her in a second.

Juno from the temple under the Santa Maria Aracoeli and under the colliseum. She is a bit more complex. both the sister and wife of Jupiter she was seen as the one who rules over females. She ruled over the wisdom of women and over marriages. She was the one who would approve or disapprove of matches between men and women. And any sexual union out of wedlock was frowned so much upon her it was a crime for 'prositutes' to touch her statues. She was also seen as the goddess of fruit and the goddess who brings children into the light. Juno was also known as the one who warns.

----------------------------------------

CONNECTIONS BETWEEN JUNO AND MINERVA:
1) -- juno was so mad that jupiter had born minerva without her help that she asked flora to give her a child without his help. she gave birth to MARS who then raped a female woman who gave birth to the twins romulus and remus. One of romulus' lairs is in Juno's temple.
2) -- Minerva, juno and jupiter were seen as the Capitoline Triad, the supreme rulers of roma.
3) -- Although Juno is not present, Minerva and Jupiter share the same pedestal in the Monteriggioni Statuettes with the inscription: Here sits the king of all Olympus and beside him stands wisdom, to guide his rule. Olympus was the Greek name for the seat of the gods. It never appears in true roman mythology

POSSIBLE IDEAS FOR CONNECTIONS OF MINVERA + JUNO TO ASSASSINS CREED
Minerva ---
1) -- It fits that Minerva was the one to tell Desmond about what will happen and what has happened if she is the one who knows the universe plan.
2) -- Minerva being the keeper of memories may mean that she chose to deliver her message to Desmond through Ezio because it was the only was that she COULD or that she knew that she would not have the time or the location to do so.
3) -- As the creator of all ideas it may have been her idea and her design for the pieces of eden. The figure during the truth video of assassins creed II, the one holding the piece of eden and controlling the humans looks a lot like Minerva if you look at her headdress and her robes. The figure doesn't fit the shape of Juno.
4) -- Seen as a guide it is possible that she was the one that guided Desmond to look deeper into Ezio's memories leading to his discovery of Juno.
5) -- Minerva says to Desmond/Ezio - "So busy were we with earthly concerns, we failed to notice the heavens." this may be a reference to the fact that they were so busy with the lives of men and of earth that Juno and Jupiter (the others of the triad and king and queen of the heavens) failed in their duty.
6) -- "Built by those who knew to turn away from war." aka. not the roman gods and especially not the four mentioned (juno, jupiter, minerva and mars) as they all had close affiliations with war. Maybe the assassins or adam and eve as they are seen running, not fighting.

Juno ---
1) -- As the ruler of marriage and as Juno sees relationships out of 'wedlock' as bad things maybe she not only had Desmond kill Lucy to keep Lucy away from Desmonds destiny but to keep him from getting involved before he met his 'true match'.
2) -- Juno constantly warns Desmond against what has or will happen. She is the one who warns him against repeating mistakes and taking the wrong path.
3) -- as the one who leads children into the light it may be that she is the one who was meant to open Desmond's sixth sense, or set him on the path to do so, hence 'enlightening' him
4) -- As the goddess of fruit it may be that she was the one who held sway over the apples or that she worked with Minerva to create them. And this may be why both vaults needed an apple of eden, instead of just a piece of eden.

And thats it. I did have more ideas but in the process of typing ALL this up I forgot half of them. Oh well. If I remember I might add them later.

Again, just my ideas and little things that i picked up on but i thought it was worth mentioning.

blacktiger00
02-02-2011, 06:27 AM
I cant believe that NO ONE has any opinion about this yet

surely i would believe that this might say at least something about the AC story.
everything else ubi has put in is very detailed and thought out so why not this.

(no sure if i was allowed to bump or not but if this is a problem or against the rules tell me so I know next time. Sorry if it was)

Xanatos2007
02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Please yap about this in one of the existing threads.

Murcuseo
02-02-2011, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Please yap about this in one of the existing threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thread stickied at the top of this forum might be a good place to start. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
02-02-2011, 08:05 AM
*notices stickied thread* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMf40ORFE8)

Eziolala
02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
This is great! I also think that both Juno and Minerva were two of the statuettes you collect in AC2. I could be wrong on that though, but just a thought.