PDA

View Full Version : I hope some questions on BG&E will be answered

KMcSpadden
02-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Even though Beyond Good and Evil 2 is a prequel, taking place before Jade, one thing I am really hoping is that it will answer a few of the questions we were left from the first game. Like questions about the DomZ, and go further into who Jade is.

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 08:10 AM
It'll likely talk about Jade's origin, but Pey'J said the DomZ didn't first appear, until 20 years before BGE takes place. BGE2 takes place 50 years, so the DomZ won't appear for another 30 years. But who knows, maybe we will get information on them.

atubaboun
02-07-2018, 10:34 AM
The fist image on this post https://bgegame.com/2017/10/24/hybrid-exploitation-system-3/ with the baby Sus sapiens has been reffered to as "baby pey'j", maybe it really is him.

browntoya
02-07-2018, 02:06 PM
What is a real story about Jade? How did she and Peyj ended up to Hillys

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 05:07 PM
What is a real story about Jade? How did she and Peyj ended up to Hillys

Likely won't happen. BGE2 takes place 50 years before BGE, and 30 before Jade's birth at 2415. Confirmed by Michel Ancel, Pey'J is still a piglet, as you can see from this picture and likely source of reason he grew up to be a mechanic.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/theirisnetwork/images/d/d4/IMG_0274.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/480?cb=20161007224220

atubaboun
02-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Likely won't happen. BGE2 takes place 50 years before BGE, and 30 before Jade's birth at 2415. Confirmed by Michel Ancel, Pey'J is still a piglet, as you can see from this picture and likely source of reason he grew up to be a mechanic.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/theirisnetwork/images/d/d4/IMG_0274.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/480?cb=20161007224220

So we're positive it IS him ?

Ganet2
02-07-2018, 05:52 PM
He is referred to as an old man by Jade a fair bit. Can you imagine the age of your character at the point of BGE1? If I based it off my age they'd be 79 by the time that rolled around. That's factoring in that if they were 24 at the time of BGE2 they'd be 55 years older when the events of BGE1 rolled around. That's if the timeline is right on the wiki saying that BGE2 events start in 2380 and Pey'J is born in 2385.

But Wiki's have been wrong before. Still not conclusive evidence. Also anyone can edit these things.

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 06:13 PM
So we're positive it IS him ?

Correction, Michel didn't confirm outright, but it was confirmed. Easter eggs start at 11:48, piglet Pey'J at 12:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzAyINDwfE&t=727s

Ganet2
02-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Curiosity. What if Pey'J is a marketing ploy for selling pet hybrid slaves? I mean I'd love this to be Pey'J personally but it's a light thought that I'm not thrilled I had.

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 06:19 PM
He is referred to as an old man by Jade a fair bit. Can you imagine the age of your character at the point of BGE1? If I based it off my age they'd be 79 by the time that rolled around. That's factoring in that if they were 24 at the time of BGE2 they'd be 55 years older when the events of BGE1 rolled around. That's if the timeline is right on the wiki saying that BGE2 events start in 2380 and Pey'J is born in 2385.

But Wiki's have been wrong before. Still not conclusive evidence. Also anyone can edit these things.
Jade's 20. Piglet Pey'J looks anywhere from 6 months to a year old, so I would say it's 2385 or 2386.

Ganet2
02-07-2018, 06:27 PM
I was talking about player character in BGE2 as the events of BGE1 roll around. They'd be hella old. There's no need to do any working out on Jade's age since she's not born at all yet. And yeah. Pretty much for Pey'J. So he'd be... 50 in BGE1.

On my other point I mean like... you know how corporations give a brand name to their latest stock?

atubaboun
02-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Curiosity. What if Pey'J is a marketing ploy for selling pet hybrid slaves? I mean I'd love this to be Pey'J personally but it's a light thought that I'm not thrilled I had.

That would be moraly awful, but possibly cool storywise. After all, Pey'J is names after the deity Zhou yuzu gets an idol of in the trailer, so that may be a common name.

OR, since Pey'J & Jade's "father" got on Hillys when she was "born", he may have taken the name Pey'j alias because he was PLANNING on becoming the Iris network's BOSS !
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IykOsxLECVejOzm/giphy.gif

browntoya
02-08-2018, 03:32 AM
Jade is the protagonist of the 2003 video game

KIERROK
02-08-2018, 04:16 AM
Jade is the protagonist of the 2003 video game

Thanks?

ElPrimordial
02-08-2018, 07:30 PM
So, yeah. I do think they wanted to have Jade in there somewhere. Maybe just in a framing story. Maybe they planned an anthology game that at some narrative points would leap a decade into the future. Maybe (which I would have loved) they had planned a concluding third 70 years in the future that lets you play Jade and have you meet your 90 year old created player character, see how all your decisions turned out, have a short but intense concluding time/finale with Jade that indeed does pick up where we left her back in 2003.

Good idea, I like this scenario. Also they could make us jump in time since that space singularity called, maybe, Moksha, could be anything: from a prison to an inter-dimensional portal, or just a decoy!
Even they could give us, eventually, a DLC with the whole first BGE1 game recreated in BGE2 engine, since BGE HD remake it wasn't released too long ago, and there we'll have Jade.

And, yes of course, we'll have Pey'J. Because in any other case, that concept picture would have been the cruelest bait that would not go without harsh fanbase repercussions. :o

Agree! BGE team has show they like to make jokes, as we watched in SMR #1 but this would be the most trolling move in entire BGE story, an unnecessary and vicious. Kinda weird some people still don't believe that piggy is Pey'j... granted! Many hybrids could have that name in same way many people are named John or Michel, but there is no need to troll us in such wicked way. When you try to download the original file the name of it says baby Pey'j (the image with indian mechanic), they show us in their easter egg list that piggy's name is Pey'j. If it wasn´t Pey'j, why keeping call him with that name, knowing that there is a main character that uses the same?

Regarding the dates that put events in BGE2 happening in 2380, we aren't totally sure, since the date in that image its quite hard to see: sometimes appear a 0 (zero), other a 9. If was a 9, Pey'j would be 5 years old, kinda near to the age that piggy seems to have. But again BGE team call him Pey'j, if he wasn't THE Pey'j they will use other name or just hybrid piggy or something like that. There is no need to create an unnecessary and unwanted misguided situation over the real identity of a that character.

itsCaracal
02-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Kinda weird some people still don't believe that piggy is Pey'j...

I'm one of those people ;)) The thing that gives it away the most for me is that the piglet has five fingers when Pey'j only has three (like Zhou Yuzhu). And if we go by the 2008 redesign of Pey'j, who has brown eyes, the piglet has that greyish-greenish colour (although in BGE1 Pey'j does have green eyes). Lastly, the ears throw me off, wouldn't a baby Pey'j have lop ears?

Also: has there ever been any official confirmation on the game taking place in /2380/? All I've seen is that one sign. If that's really the case I do think the story will span years and we WILL eventually see Pey'j, because I don't think there's any point in going back in time to do world building if it doesn't affect the story on Jade's connection to the DomZ/Shauni.

ElPrimordial
02-09-2018, 07:55 PM
I'm one of those people ;)) The thing that gives it away the most for me is that the piglet has five fingers when Pey'j only has three (like Zhou Yuzhu). And if we go by the 2008 redesign of Pey'j, who has brown eyes, the piglet has that greyish-greenish colour (although in BGE1 Pey'j does have green eyes). Lastly, the ears throw me off, wouldn't a baby Pey'j have lop ears?

I have to recognize you made very good observations... but also original Pey'j nostrils are way bigger compared with 2008 version. Since the 5 fingers piggy is just an artwork, we may infer it was only an idea, or could be part of a re-imagination of this character. Despite your very accurate and valid observations I still believe BGE team wouldn't try not to confuse us with names.

Also: has there ever been any official confirmation on the game taking place in /2380/? All I've seen is that one sign. If that's really the case I do think the story will span years and we WILL eventually see Pey'j, because I don't think there's any point in going back in time to do world building if it doesn't affect the story on Jade's connection to the DomZ/Shauni.

You're right again, no confirmation whatsoever about date, pure fan speculations based on that image only.

atubaboun
02-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Good points, but some differences may just be the result of the translation from the 2003 cartoonish design to BGE2's realistic one.

KIERROK
02-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Redesign is very possible. If you look at Dragon Age series, Dragon Age: Origins' Flemeth and Dragon Age 2's Flemeth. Both Flemeths are seen around the same timeline in the games.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/f/f6/Flemeth.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120607234955
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/5/54/Flemeth.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/415?cb=20150822220806

Same with the monsters known as Darkspawn.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/d/db/The_Blight.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20090316211132
can't send picture, but this it a Darkspawn comparison https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-4956295

itsCaracal
02-10-2018, 09:00 PM
I don't think a redesign for Pey'j would be that drastic. Jade got a redesign in 2008, and she's still recognizable and very Jade-y. Changing a major fan-favourite character to a series fans have been wanting for 15 years, 20 probably by the time the game comes out wouldn't go over well. We will see a redesign of him of course, and what changes there are will depend on his age. Like if he's a kid he probably wouldn't have tusks that big yet and obviously no scar, if we see him in his late twenties he might be skinnier, change of clothes and taste in style will be obvious, etc. A lot of fanboys were already throwing a fit when Michel posted that fullbody of Jade's 2008 redesign saying "she's too perfect/too pretty" or she's "too generic" or whatever. Personally I liked the design since it was practical to wear in a desert, and for the cartoon-to-realism switch, she's still really spot-on if not identical (but she is a little pale and she doesn't have her freckles ;( ) Pey'j's lop ears are integral to his image I think and they wouldn't ditch that.

I've never played Dragon Age, so I don't know who the characters are in relation to the player or story or the context or their role in the story, or if thats something fans wanted or something that wouldn't make any sense, or whatever. Sometimes a redesign is necessary because it doesn't convey who the character is well or the design could be dated (see: the early 2000s fashion in BGE1...which I love btw. Can we please just have an entire planet dedicated to awful 90s/2000s fashion...please), or events have changed since a previous game. There are a lot of different reasons a character can change but "just because" isn't a good one. I recently updated an OC I've had for 7 years because her design had a lot of conflicting and unnecessary shapes, now she's more uniform and balanced. I welcome changing Pey'j's eyes to brown tho since green doesn't match? A nitpicky thing on my part but the dude's wearing earthy colours and browns, it's better for him to have brown eyes.

As for "the team wouldn't trick the fans like that", I don't know. ;) Michel's a wildcard. Everyone thought it was disappointing when he made the announcement that BGE2 wouldn't be at E3, but I thought it was suspicious. Before then he avoided replying to any questions about BGE, and all of a sudden he gives a really cryptic answer? What does "not at E3, but some time during the year" mean? I wasn't falling for it. I'm getting that same feeling with this "this is THE Pey'j because the SMR vid and the file name says so" thing. I don't know if I'll believe it until I see the pig open his mouth and a Texan accent comes out.

KIERROK
02-10-2018, 11:29 PM
In Dragon Age, Flemeth's an ancient witch. In Origins, she helps the Grey Wardens (your character and a friend), she gives food, advice, and sends her daughter with you. Later, her daughter gives you a choice to kill her. In DA2, Flemeth helps a family that's escaping a town called Loathering. These two events are happening around the same time, so her look is out of place in DA2 vs her DAO look. Fans actually love her new look, but it was an odd change. The Darkspawn though redesign was vastly hated by many fans, because they looked like weird mummy looking things, not sick, burnt, bloody flesh monstrosities. Also, another drastic redesign is Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil series. Chris shows up in Resident Evil 7, but he looks nothing like his RE5 or RE6 versions. The director said that the redesign was due to more realism vs roid Chris from RE5 and 6.

ElPrimordial
02-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Well, if they wanted to prevent fan speculation about that piggy identity, they failed miserably... but if they wanted to troll us, they succeeded vehemently :p

Legion-495
02-11-2018, 08:12 PM
I think they troll us.
I doubt we will really get a lot insight here.
I hope we get a lot more information this year^^

At this very moment this is a very dead end from my perspective.

KIERROK
02-11-2018, 09:55 PM
I think they troll us.
I doubt we will really get a lot insight here.
I hope we get a lot more information this year^^

At this very moment this is a very dead end from my perspective.

Just predict we'll get information on the 17th, 18th, March, April, May, and a release date on June. You're a good predictor ;)