PDA

View Full Version : Weathered looking weapons

Okita_Soji..
02-07-2018, 05:41 AM
We get some new looking weapons for season 5 but the one they showed doesn't appeal to me. Gold, a soft metal, for the blades? They now seem to be far to decorative. I would love to see more designs that were worn. Weathered handles, some rust, broken guards, scratches, blood stains. Instead of shiny new designs decked in gold and jewelry can we get some that looks used, like they have been used in a battle before. If we ever get new armor the same idea. Worn chest plates with dents and scratches, etc. We get bloody if we take hits which is nice, it would be nice if our gear could look like we use it and it isn't a prize museum piece. Anyone else like this?

Vakris_One
02-07-2018, 03:37 PM
I'd like to get more practical and dangerous looking weapons. The S5 bling parade really didn't impress me. All of them looked like they were made purely for ornamental/display purposes. I feel like any one of those gold encased blades would just break apart when hitting a steel weapon/armour.

We need more silver and black coloured weapons instead, things that actually look dangerous rather than pretty. I really want to see some black coloured weapons that look like they've been crafted from obsidian or using metals from meteorite fragments. Something that feels both rare and like a super strong material. Enough of the chocolate coins masquarading as weapons please.

Roseguard_Cpt
02-07-2018, 06:15 PM
Yes, more worn gear would be amazing. I see everyone running about decked in gold and gems, but I have my Nobu running around with a mostly plain staffed Naginata with a "Old trusty rusty" crossguard and a 1st tier look blade. We're warriors, many of us seasoned ones now, so if we could have nicked blades and worn guards or hafts, I'd be happy. Not to mention worn armor, like a hat for my Nobu that looks like the basic one but the mask is cracked across or a chest piece that has been stitched up a few times, things to give her more of a personality.

BlowHard74728
02-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I feel out of place here. I rather enjoy the bling (especially S5). I do however think it would be a cool feature to have torn gear or have it appear to be so as you progress through the battle