PDA

View Full Version : Fixes Crashes/Stuttering on ATI Users New Catalyst 10-4 Works!

Multimaster88
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
So anyways i found out how to stop the crashes on me and my brothers comps today. We both have 4770s and it would crash every 10 min play time, we uninstalled catalyst/display etc and downloaded the new 10-4 catalyst drivers from amd that came out on April 28th. Must say its flawless now havent had a crash on either for the last 13 hours straight playtime.

Although cant find any multiplayer matches since not enough of u pc players buy games or the online doesnt work.

EDIT: also runs smoother with less slowdown/ to null

Multimaster88
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
So anyways i found out how to stop the crashes on me and my brothers comps today. We both have 4770s and it would crash every 10 min play time, we uninstalled catalyst/display etc and downloaded the new 10-4 catalyst drivers from amd that came out on April 28th. Must say its flawless now havent had a crash on either for the last 13 hours straight playtime.

Although cant find any multiplayer matches since not enough of u pc players buy games or the online doesnt work.

EDIT: also runs smoother with less slowdown/ to null

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I got the 5850 and the 10.4 update and still cant load the game. Running 7 32bit on asus blitz motherboard. Any tips?

Multimaster88
04-29-2010, 01:40 AM
I know it fixes the the in game stuttering and the crashing to desktop, but u seem to maybe have a different problem, ur saying u cant load the game, like you cant load a mission? you cant load to the game menu?

That may be some other problem relating to windows 7 32 bit maybe all versions of windows 7. Sounds like thats probly going to be a fix needed for the game more than something you can do. I guess look around for ppl who describe the same thing and if they have that problem on 7 only and have different video cards/brands like nvid then u can probly say its the operating system.

Hopefully they patch it up soon, they will patch it but soon hopefully.

But ya 10-4 works for ppl who are getting game crashing during gameplay and ppl with stuttering ingame who have ati cards. I would also get comp retarting sometimes too, but this fixed it.
Im running vista 64

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I mean i can launch the game, I click the game launcher, it counts down and the screen goes black like its going to start the game and bam, back to the desktop. I got another thread going on the forum but everyone is still having the same problem. Thanks for the reply.

simplesim
04-29-2010, 05:48 AM
If you have a firewall, set it to allow game.exe to access the servers.
I had the same problem that it always hang before the menu. When I set to allow, the game worked. Hope this helps.

darnokz
04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Multimaster88:
I know it fixes the the in game stuttering and the crashing to desktop, but u seem to maybe have a different problem, ur saying u cant load the game, like you cant load a mission? you cant load to the game menu?

That may be some other problem relating to windows 7 32 bit maybe all versions of windows 7. Sounds like thats probly going to be a fix needed for the game more than something you can do. I guess look around for ppl who describe the same thing and if they have that problem on 7 only and have different video cards/brands like nvid then u can probly say its the operating system.

Hopefully they patch it up soon, they will patch it but soon hopefully.

But ya 10-4 works for ppl who are getting game crashing during gameplay and ppl with stuttering ingame who have ati cards. I would also get comp retarting sometimes too, but this fixed it.
Im running vista 64 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10.4 didnt fix any stuttering for me and I still have same loading time in Bad company 2 o.O

zurv
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
did you unintall the old drivers first? (not that you'd should need too)

there is also stuttering because the is something wrong and there is stuttering because you set the settings to high...

the driver are only doing to fix the wrong is wrong problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

darnokz
04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Dont worry im experienced PC gamer so dont tell me BS like this. Its stuttering because its games fault , and its unreal engine 3 so i expected it to run with 100 fps LOL. They modded it in a wrong way...

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey Simplesim my fire wall is allowing the game through the firewall. Tried that, thanks for the tip.

Phillip_Grave
04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
your right arathad they ported the game like crap. Now we got to suffer for sub-par mods.

chmun77
04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
installed 10.4. Was working well previously on the 1st two stage. But the game started to freeze on the stage where Fisher was captured by some terrorists.

I think the games is really badly written.

darkzero7
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
10.4 update worked for my ati 4890, ive played two 6-7hr sessions since no issues on the highest settings.

chmun77
04-30-2010, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkzero7:
10.4 update worked for my ati 4890, ive played two 6-7hr sessions since no issues on the highest settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you please share what are the settings you used for the game?

Thanks.

darnokz
04-30-2010, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chmun77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkzero7:
10.4 update worked for my ati 4890, ive played two 6-7hr sessions since no issues on the highest settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you please share what are the settings you used for the game?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont believe him , I have HD4870 which is like 10 % worse than 4890 and I with x2 AA and shadows on very high I have 20 fps while with shadows on high and 0 x AA i have 30-60 fps

10.4 were supposed to make my loading in bad company 2 shorter and it is SAME, (YES I uninstalled previous drivers)

James-24
04-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks. Worked for me.
When I first installed last night, it was crashing but since upgrading to these drivers its been smooth sailing ever since.

Thanks again!

BlckLstd Blace
04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
@arathad

You have to know the resolution the guy plays @ to really tell the difference.

For instance if he's playing @ 1280x1024 and you are on a full HD monitor then ofcourse he's gonna get a smoother framerate.

Also a better CPU & RAM can provide a couple more fps and for everybody playability is a little bit subjective.. some people find 30 fps unplayable while thats okay with me as long as its steady.

About your bad company 2 loading times, lots of other hardware can be the bottleneck, the graphics card drivers are the last thing i would check to improve the loading speed of my games..

darnokz
04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blace-:
@arathad

You have to know the resolution the guy plays @ to really tell the difference.

For instance if he's playing @ 1280x1024 and you are on a full HD monitor then ofcourse he's gonna get a smoother framerate.

Also a better CPU & RAM can provide a couple more fps and for everybody playability is a little bit subjective.. some people find 30 fps unplayable while thats okay with me as long as its steady.

About your bad company 2 loading times, lots of other hardware can be the bottleneck, the graphics card drivers are the last thing i would check to improve the loading speed of my games.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, he said maximum details I dont expect a guy with 4890 to play on 1280 whats the point? better buy xbox if you are satisfied with this sh1tty resolution, also I had 40-60 fps in bad company 2 before last patch which ruined my framrate and framerate for everyone and there are tons of complain topics regarding this patch so they ***ed bc2.. also my game loaded faster then some people reported - they said its like 1 minute or more and I had max 20 seconds loading or less so maybe I didnt see difference in few seconds. And im not playing full HD im playing 1680x1050.

And if you are so proffesional about PCs I will tell you that you will not gain any FPS by lowering resolution to 1280 on card like 4890 or 4870 (unless you have intel core i100 1023813 ghz 1230812 cores so its not bottleneck)from 1680x1050 in console games because mostly they have sh1tty graphics and you feel difference only in games like crysis or metro 2033 because they push your card to the limits

Multimaster88
04-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Video cards will affect load times yes but not that much. ram is what effects loading the most. That and harddrives for example in raid 0 can help alot too.

Also its very much personnaly preference, if i got a 4890 and on 1680x1050 i get 30 to 40 fps then for me this is unplayable, i cant competivily play games unless i got over 60 fps, so i will drop everything to low/medium on a game turn off vsync aa af and go to 1440x900 of something just to boost fps.

Also 1680x1050 with aa af maxed and full settings on a 24 inch moniter looks just as good as 16800x10500 on a 240 inch moniter.
on a 30 inch example, 1680x1050 wouldnt look that great but on 22 or 24 inch looks almost flawless

BlckLstd Blace
04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
You dont have to get Jesus into the game, last time i checked that guy got killed &gt;_&gt;

All im saying is dont get so worked up about it, there are many factors that can affect performance, each system is unique also due to the fact that the owner can affect the OS stability etc, i was not taking sides here, just sharing some information.

Yea he said maximum details but thats about it, no other information there, you cant just assume hes playing on a 24" + monitor, not everybody has the cash.

About the BC2 part, fine, im not as well informed as you are but it seems to me you arent in the right place for that, these are Ubisoft forums last time i checked. It looks like a software issue. Still, a better graphics card wont improve loading times a lot, as Multimaster88 already said.

First of all let me tell you the 1280x1024 res was just an example.. I'm on a 1920x1200 res with an nvidia GTX285, now let me also tell you this game pushes my card to the limit with some AA enabled, these graphics are not sh*tty at all. I have played both the xbox 360 version and the PC version, its a big difference. Also when turning down the resolution it gives me almost a 20fps improvement when its on 1280x1024, thats a considerable amount.

At the end of the day it is indeed personal preference, dont just assume someone is just like you/has the exact same setup.

Ask yourself this: why would somebody say hes running the game just fine? Now if he was an undercover Ati PR person, that would be a reason.....